Would you choose an easy life or a hard life?

For all things philosophical.

Moderators: AMod, iMod

MozartLink

Would you choose an easy life or a hard life?

Post by MozartLink »

Personally, if I had the choice, I would choose a life that is eternal, nothing but blissful, has no problems or hardships, and has no suffering, illnesses, or diseases. Some people would choose a hard life filled with hardships since they wish to grow and develop. But some people such as me have absolutely no need for growth, growth does not give any value to our lives, and it is all just pointless misery and turmoil for us. I will give you an analogue for how a blissful life that has no hardships is the better solution:

Imagine a patient has cancer and science already has the cure right there. Should this person just suffer in agony until he/she goes into remission from his/her cancer one day? Or should he/she just take the cure right now? Obviously, the solution here is to take that cure. It is pointless, in my opinion, to just choose to suffer in agony. I will give another analogue. Imagine if there are two ways to get somewhere. One way takes a very long time while the other way is a shortcut that will get you there quickly. The better solution is to take the shortcut since the long way is nothing but problems, anger, frustration, and misery.

So there is my analogue. I would apply this analogue to life itself in general. In other words, I am all for better and healthier solutions. I am not at all for a life of hardship and misery. Such a way of life is not only pointless misery, but a waste of my time. Therefore, my attitude is that of a future civilization. Imagine what types of people we will be later on thousands of years from now into the future.

If we have found cures for all suffering and illnesses, then our attitudes would be very likely similar to mine. We would see hardships and suffering as pointless misery since science has finally found the better solution which would be cures to give more quality, more happiness, and a life of freedom to us as human beings. So that is my attitude towards life. I would like to hear what others think. Besides, there are other ways to grow besides hardships and suffering. You can grow through a blissful life instead.

Lastly, I would never grow bored or tired of an eternal blissful life. The only way that could happen to me is if I develop a need for a life of hardship and misery. That is how we as human beings grow bored after all. We grow tired of a certain thing for a while and we need something else. But since I will never have a need for hardships and suffering in my life since it is all pointless misery that has no value to me, then that is why I would never grow bored from an eternal blissful life.
Last edited by MozartLink on Tue Jan 31, 2017 1:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hobbes' Choice

Re: Would you choose an easy life or a hard life?

Post by Hobbes' Choice »

MozartLink wrote:Personally, if I had the choice, I would choose a life that is eternal, nothing but blissful, has no problems or hardships, and has no suffering, illnesses, or diseases. .
And you think you are bored NOW?? Hahaha
MozartLink

Post by MozartLink »

Hobbes' Choice wrote:
MozartLink wrote:Personally, if I had the choice, I would choose a life that is eternal, nothing but blissful, has no problems or hardships, and has no suffering, illnesses, or diseases. .
I would never grow bored or tired of an eternal blissful life. The only way that could happen to me is if I develop a need for a life of hardship and misery. That is how we as human beings grow bored after all. We grow tired of a certain thing for a while and we need something else. But since I will never have a need for hardships and suffering in my life since it is all pointless misery that has no value to me, then that is why I would never grow bored from an eternal blissful life.
A_Seagull

Post by A_Seagull »

"Life IS trouble, only death is not." - Kozantiakos
Randiskin

Post by Randiskin »

Yeah after a couple hundred years I think I'd get pretty damn bored lol.
Last edited by Randiskin on Fri Dec 08, 2023 3:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
FrankHoerr

Post by FrankHoerr »

There is no choices in life that one can choose easy life or hard life, as I believe this.
Toppsy Kretts

Post by Toppsy Kretts »

Hobbes' Choice wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2017 1:10 pm
That life you dream of living Mr.Mozart is a well established dream of my own. The aspect of boredom wouldn't exist in a life such as the one we speak of, for all that we viewed would be cherished adn adored with love and passion beyond comprehension we can even hope of pondering now, simply because the life we live now is filled with hardships like you spoke of and pain and suffering and agony but also some glory with happiness, love and lust, desires. Things that i feel might not be as cherished in a life were all things good are the only things existing.

Though i could be wrong, but it seems like a reasonable outlook on a life such as that.
AnthonyColucci

Post by AnthonyColucci »

Overall, it's natural to want things to go well, but 'going well' doesn't have to mean that it comes easily. And remember, being prepared for challenges doesn't mean that you can't enjoy yourself. Problems are an inherent part of life and there's no reason why any of it ought to come easily.