We are all the same, but different

For all things philosophical.

Moderators: AMod, iMod

MozartLink

We are all the same, but different

Post by MozartLink »

We are all not only different, but we are also the same as well. I will give a few examples. We are all the same in the sense that we all have thoughts, feelings, and personalities. But we are all different in the sense that we all have different thoughts, different feelings, and different personalities. There are also moments where two people can think the same thought.

So these two people would be the same in the sense that they both have the same thought. But these two people would also be different in the sense that other aspects of them are different such as the fact that they wear different clothes, have different skin color, etc. One last example would be that we are all the same in the sense that we all have consciousness. But we are all different in the sense that we all have different conscious experiences and different levels of consciousness.
Lacewing

Re: We are all the same, but different

Post by Lacewing »

Are you on drugs?
MozartLink

Post by MozartLink »

Lacewing wrote:Are you on drugs?
Why do you ask? I think my philosophy was good and quite valid. No, I do not do drugs. I keep myself healthy.
TSBU

Post by TSBU »

I remember when I was a kid. I went to the library and someone with my sense of humour had put the film of that book in the "children" section, I had goosebumps that day XD. (Yep, they have films in the library).
Anyway, yes. It seems like you are saying evident things... but they are true, so, that's something, sometimes people forget their beginings. Keep on.
Greta

Post by Greta »

MozartLink wrote:We are all not only different, but we are also the same as well. I will give a few examples. We are all the same in the sense that we all have thoughts, feelings, and personalities. But we are all different in the sense that we all have different thoughts, different feelings, and different personalities.
We are alike in generalities but unalike in particulars.

Consider the growing schism in the US between religious conservatives and liberal progressives. Many people in the world would have trouble telling them apart, just as most of the world had trouble telling northern and southern Irish apart, or Israelis and Palestinians. Meanwhile, have two people of these opposing ideologies in a jungle full of dangerous animals and then let them find each other after a period being terrified fending for themselves. They would be instant allies.

So differences are relative. In a sense, the biosphere is a kind of fine froth bubbling on the surface of the Earth's crust.
Harbal

Post by Harbal »

MozartLink wrote: So these two people would be the same in the sense that they both have the same thought. But these two people would also be different in the sense that other aspects of them are different such as the fact that they wear different clothes,
I wonder what they were thinking. Maybe they were admiring each others clothes.
Dalek Prime

Post by Dalek Prime »

MozartLink wrote:We are all not only different, but we are also the same as well. I will give a few examples. We are all the same in the sense that we all have thoughts, feelings, and personalities. But we are all different in the sense that we all have different thoughts, different feelings, and different personalities. There are also moments where two people can think the same thought.

So these two people would be the same in the sense that they both have the same thought. But these two people would also be different in the sense that other aspects of them are different such as the fact that they wear different clothes, have different skin color, etc. One last example would be that we are all the same in the sense that we all have consciousness. But we are all different in the sense that we all have different conscious experiences and different levels of consciousness.
Very valid thought, ML. When a new person is created, in a sense, a new universe is opened up, as experienced through it's senses. And a universe is destroyed when that person dies. And there are well over seven billion of then going at present, blinking in and out everyday. Our species is the pattern; we are the particulars.