Does it Matter

For all things philosophical.

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Pluto

Does it Matter

Post by Pluto »

Does it matter if the official explanation for the attacks on 9/11 are false?
Sam I. Elle

Re: Does it Matter

Post by Sam I. Elle »

Yes, because we need to know the truth.
Philosophy Explorer

Post by Philosophy Explorer »

Pluto wrote:Does it matter if the official explanation for the attacks on 9/11 are false?
If you don't want to get blamed for it, then it matters.

PhilX
Pluto

Post by Pluto »

Sam I. Elle wrote:Yes, because we need to know the truth.
Why?
Sam I. Elle

Post by Sam I. Elle »

Pluto wrote:
Why?
To have proper judgement and understanding of the things around us.
HexHammer

Post by HexHammer »

It was an attack of immense evil, so if the perpetrators still are at large, then they will continue their evil ways, thus we must know the truth and stop their wickedness!
A_Seagull

Post by A_Seagull »

Pluto wrote:Does it matter if the official explanation for the attacks on 9/11 are false?
Nice question! lol

While I don't doubt the official explanation of 9/11, I don't doubt either that I could be wrong.

Its like all of history; there is a particular version that is taken to be pretty much true, but it could be wrong. It is the winners of wars who write the history books and the propagandists who embellish them.

And yes it does matter that our version of history is accurate, but one should not rely on it too greatly.
Harbal

Post by Harbal »

A_Seagull wrote: While I don't doubt the official explanation of 9/11, I don't doubt either that I could be wrong.
Don't you think it will be how it usually is with official explanations and statements? Part truth, part lies and a good deal of omission.
mtmynd1

Post by mtmynd1 »

After 15 years plus has passed, is it not to the benefit of the world to continue moving forward..? Anniversaries are fine but to continue dwelling on that which is no longer benefits nobody but the enquirer.
Pluto

Post by Pluto »

Page_0.jpg
Page_0.jpg (51.71 KiB) Viewed 3911 times
vegetariantaxidermy

Post by vegetariantaxidermy »

Since when did anyone care about the truth? It's just another word rendered meaningless by idiots. The 'truthers' are only interested in fairy stories. They are no more interested in the truth than young/flat earthers are.
Besides, it makes no difference to the dead. Even if incontrovertible proof was found that it was committed by lizard aliens on mushrooms, it would probably only make a couple of sentences on page ten (in small print). Of far greater concern is the huge mess the US has made of the planet since, in some sort of sick revenge frenzy, that keeps snowballing into an ever-worsening nightmare.
TSBU

Post by TSBU »

For what? for whom?
Does it matter if someone discover the cure to a strange disease, well, it's really important for those who have the disease and probably their relatives, but you probably give more importance to other things.
Is it important to have a special tool made for a special task? It can be, if you need to repair something.
Harbal

Post by Harbal »

TSBU wrote: Is it important to have a special tool made for a special task? It can be, if you need to repair something special.
I hope you don't mind me finishing that sentence for you.
TSBU

Post by TSBU »

Harbal wrote:
TSBU wrote: Is it important to have a special tool made for a special task? It can be, if you need to repair something special.
I hope you don't mind me finishing that sentence for you.
Thanks.
Pluto

Post by Pluto »

Harold Pinter's Nobel Prize Speech - Art, Truth and Politics

"Political language, as used by politicians, does not venture into any of this territory since the majority of politicians, on the evidence available to us, are interested not in truth but in power and in the maintenance of that power. To maintain that power it is essential that people remain in ignorance, that they live in ignorance of the truth, even the truth of their own lives. What surrounds us therefore is a vast tapestry of lies, upon which we feed."

http://www.nobelprize.org/nobel_prizes/ ... ure-e.html