What is your deepest meme? Fear or understanding? Xenophobia or empathy?

For all things philosophical.

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Dalek Prime

Re: What is your deepest meme? Fear or understanding? Xenophobia or empathy?

Post by Dalek Prime »

GreatandWiseTrixie wrote:
Dalek Prime wrote:
I've been around town.
Aw, Christ. Couldn't you have stayed in that town? Are you any less crazy, these days?
In the genius forums it is often said that those who are perceived to be crazy are often the ones with the wisest insights.
You're right. I was just talking about Cassandra of Troy yesterday, who was destined never to have her prognostications believed, though they were spot on.

I'm glad your okay Trixie. I'm just ribbing you.
ken

Post by ken »

surreptitious57 wrote:Do you think fear can be explained rationally which then negates the need to be afraid of anything?
Maybe. If you provide some examples of things human beings fear, then we could have a look to see if they can be explained rationally, and then see if that negates being afraid of anything.

Obviously, if a human being wants to keep living, then their needs to be a fear of some things. For example if there was no fear at all when a lion was heading towards a human being, then that human being may just stay still, and then may not keep living for much longer. Fear, like every other emotional feeling, is just a signal of what is going on around the human being. All internal feelings are an internal signpost, or trigger, of how to re-act in a certain situation. Internal feelings influences the thinking, and it is thoughts that then controls what the body actually does next.

To Me, a human being will naturally feel afraid about some things, but to actually remain in fear is due to the continuing thoughts/thinking. If fear remains within internal feelings, where it belongs, then is perfectly normal. But when fear gets entangled within thoughts, then that is where fear can become irrational. I guess to explain 'fear' rationally is to just say that fear is just an internal feeling.

I do not feel afraid of anything so I do not fear anything, but that is because I know who I am exactly and where and how I exist. This came about from a far deeper level of understanding and from a far higher level of consciousness, which I am willing to share if any person is truly interested.
surreptitious57 wrote:Do you therefore think that confronting and understanding fear is the only real way to overcome it?
I did not overcome fear as such. When I discovered and learned who I really am, there just is no thing to fear.

Understanding fear is just understanding that fear is only an internal feeling. Every human being experiences the exact same internal feelings. There is about 450 internal feelings, which all human beings share. All internal feelings, including fear, are absolutely normal. If a human being experiences or feels fear, or even if they do not, to absolutely any situation, or experience any other internal feeling for that matter, then that is perfectly normal. ALL internal feelings are just a sign of what is going on around the human being and for each human being, what they feel internally is perfectly normal. HOWEVER, it is only perfectly normal because of the very reason WHY all human beings experience the internal feelings that they do, in any particular situation. ALL human beings experience exactly what they do because of their previous experiences in Life.

But if human beings are continually fearing things irrationally, then those fears need to be confronted, and understood. I have already explained that understanding fear is just understanding that fear is only an internal feeling. There is not much else to understand about fear, other than fear is just an internal feeling, and NO internal feeling, including fear, itself, is to be feared of.

To confront any fear is to just look at fear for what it really is, which is fear is just a completely normal internal feeling. Then to understand that how a human being behaves is because of thoughts. Most adult human beings by now would know that it is better to not allow internal feelings to control them. The truth is thoughts control everything a human being does, internal feelings may influence thoughts but thoughts can and do control internal feelings, so when a human being learns how to control thoughts, then they can have full control over everything else, which includes ALL the internal feelings, and thus also fear, itself. If and when a human being gains this understanding and also gains full control over ALL of their life, then there will be no irrational fear, which then needs to be confronted. So, yes by first confronting and understanding fear, itself, for what it really is, is one way to overcome fear that I know of. But to add to that, and on another level, if and when a human being discovers and learns who they really are, then they will realize that there was absolutely no thing to fear at all anyway.
ken

Post by ken »

ken wrote:
Modernized bullshit.
This may be bullshit to 'you' now, in this age, but the truthfulness of it will come to light in the future.
GreatandWiseTrixie wrote:There are differences between races, cultures, and people.
Do you have any examples of the differences that 'you' see?
GreatandWiseTrixie wrote:And there is much to fear, Ken.
Again, do you have any example of what 'you' fear?

Just because you may fear many things that does not mean there is much to fear.

By the way did you notice that my post was about how 'I' view things and what 'I' see. Obviously how 'you' view things and what 'you' see is different than 'I'.

I explained that I do not fear things and I do not see differences in human beings, besides the obviousness that each human being sees things differently. Now I would like you to share with us what differences you see in human beings, and what are the many things that you fear. Are any of those differences you see relate to any of the fears you have?
If you and I view and see things different then there are differences between people and you disproved your own argument.
If people see things differently, which I have already explained that it is obvious that each human being sees things differently, then that does NOT disprove my own "argument", as you suggested it does.

There are two things here now;
1. I just explained how I view things. I did not make any argument. So, I can NOT disprove any so called "argument".
2. I made the mistake in my first post of not stipulating anything after I wrote, "I certainly do not see any difference in human beings." I should have wrote, "I do not see differences in human beings, besides the obviousness that each human being sees things differently." Which is exactly what I did do in my last post, and in reply to you.

So, I have NOT disproved anything I have previously written. I have just cleared up what I had clumsily previously written.

For now, you wrote, "There are differences between races, cultures, and people." AND, "And there is much to fear, Ken." I explained that I do not see those differences and that I do not fear anything, so I asked you, "Do you have any examples of the differences that 'you' see?" AND, "Again, do you have any example of what 'you' fear?"

You did not reply to these questions. If you want to insist that there are differences between races, cultures, and people, and that there is much to fear, and you want others to know this also, then please explain what they are exactly. If you do not, then what I have said still stands as Truth, for Me.

Further to all of this also is when and if you discover what the actual difference is between the 'you' and the 'I', then you will also learn that your statement, "If you and I view and see things different then there are differences between people..." is so completely and utterly wrong. But i think this discovery is still a long way off yet.
Bill Wiltrack

Post by Bill Wiltrack »

Realize I'm just hoppin-in here but there are rational fears and irrational fears.

I'm thinkin it's Okay to acknowledge and react to rational fear. So, yeah...fear is a part of human emotion. We all experience it, in many forms, and in an interest of self-preservation we have the emotion fear.

GreatandWiseTrixie

Post by GreatandWiseTrixie »

ken wrote: If people see things differently, which I have already explained that it is obvious that each human being sees things differently, then that does NOT disprove my own "argument", as you suggested it does.

1. I just explained how I view things. I did not make any argument. So, I can NOT disprove any so called "argument".
2. I made the mistake in my first post of not stipulating anything after I wrote, "I certainly do not see any difference in human beings." I should have wrote, "I do not see differences in human beings, besides the obviousness that each human being sees things differently." Which is exactly what I did do in my last post, and in reply to you.

So, I have NOT disproved anything I have previously written. I have just cleared up what I had clumsily previously written.

For now, you wrote, "There are differences between races, cultures, and people." AND, "And there is much to fear, Ken." I explained that I do not see those differences and that I do not fear anything, so I asked you, "Do you have any examples of the differences that 'you' see?" AND, "Again, do you have any example of what 'you' fear?"

You did not reply to these questions. If you want to insist that there are differences between races, cultures, and people, and that there is much to fear, and you want others to know this also, then please explain what they are exactly. If you do not, then what I have said still stands as Truth, for Me.

Further to all of this also is when and if you discover what the actual difference is between the 'you' and the 'I', then you will also learn that your statement, "If you and I view and see things different then there are differences between people..." is so completely and utterly wrong. But i think this discovery is still a long way off yet.
Different races see things differently, and they are different colors and odors.

I will never be you if I will never reincarnate into you or was you in a past life.
ken

Post by ken »

ken wrote: If people see things differently, which I have already explained that it is obvious that each human being sees things differently, then that does NOT disprove my own "argument", as you suggested it does.

Different races see things differently, and they are different colors and odors.
I did not ask any question that relates to your answer here.

I asked do you have examples of the differences 'you' see. In other words, What races do you see? And, what are the differences in those races you see?
GreatandWiseTrixie wrote:I will never be you if I will never reincarnate into you or was you in a past life.
Who is the 'I' and the 'you' being talked about here?

How do you propose 'reincarnation' works?
Bill Wiltrack

Post by Bill Wiltrack »

From Wikipedia:

Reincarnation is the philosophical or religious concept that an aspect of a living being starts a new life in a different physical body or form after each biological death. It is also called rebirth or transmigration, and is a part of the Saṃsāra doctrine of cyclic existence.

It is a central tenet of all major Indian religions, namely Buddhism, Hinduism, Jainism, and Sikhism.

In recent decades, many Europeans and North Americans have developed an interest in reincarnation.

Contemporary films, books, and popular songs frequently mention reincarnation.

Dubious

Post by Dubious »

Reincarnation is just age-old eastern crap which doesn't make sense at any level. It's only the mystics with the lowest IQ's who are impressed by this garbage. What's in nature that would require reincarnation beyond the carrying forward of genetic material.
osgart

Post by osgart »

arent memes from criminal minds. People that want to expose or influence your mind with corrupt thoughts attitudes and behaviors.
So as to disturb! Or harm the psyche?
Than the internet is a giant cess pool of memes.
Bill Wiltrack

Post by Bill Wiltrack »

From Wikipedia:

A meme (/ˈmiːm/ meem) is "an idea, behavior, or style that spreads from person to person within a culture".

A meme acts as a unit for carrying cultural ideas, symbols, or practices that can be transmitted from one mind to another through writing, speech, gestures, rituals, or other imitable phenomena with a mimicked theme.

Supporters of the concept regard memes as cultural analogues to genes in that they self-replicate, mutate, and respond to selective pressures.

osgart

Post by osgart »

better than i thought.
I wonder what might be the prevailing memes in america today.
America seems to lack culture and i blame television and the radio for being so shallow and despotic. Its the vast wasteland that seeks to pacify and deaden the spirits of all americans instead of enlighten and educate and inform.
Bill Wiltrack

Post by Bill Wiltrack »

What if on some level most people are shallow and despotic and television and radio just reflects that?