~ The Width & Breadth of Acceptance Found in America ~

For all things philosophical.

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Melchior

Re: ~ If the Former Imperial Wizard of the Ku Klux Klan Isn't DEPLORABLE, Who Is? ~

Post by Melchior »

Martin Luther King was a Republican.

[Edited by iMod]
FlashDangerpants

Re: ~ If the Former Imperial Wizard of the Ku Klux Klan Isn't DEPLORABLE, Who Is? ~

Post by FlashDangerpants »

Melchior wrote:Martin Luther King was a Republican.
No he wasn't
http://edition.cnn.com/2016/01/15/us/mlk-myths/
Terrapin Station

Post by Terrapin Station »

vegetariantaxidermy wrote:
Terrapin Station wrote:
Bill Wiltrack wrote:Building a 2,000 mile wall between the US & Mexico.

Deporting 11,000,000 immigrants . . .
What a novel situation it would be for me to run into a Democrat or Republican who doesn't have a bunch of views that I think are ridiculous. Of course, then most likely they'd not be Republicans or Democrats.

The U.S.'s political system sucks.
But it's all RELATIVE and SUBJECTIVE isn't it? A KKK wizard's viewpoint is just as valid as anyone else's. :D
Not sure what that has to do with my comment. And again, I don't use the word "valid" in that way.
vegetariantaxidermy

Post by vegetariantaxidermy »

Oh right. Because everyone must be one or the other. As far as I can tell he was for equal rights and he was anti-war, neither of which have anything to do with either party and both of which essentially guarantee a death sentence over there.
Bill Wiltrack

Post by Bill Wiltrack »

Look, we can have differences of opinion. That actually is what makes this work. We want to remain respectful to one another. That really matters...

Melchior

Post by Melchior »

FlashDangerpants wrote:
Melchior wrote:Martin Luther King was a Republican, dumbass.
No he wasn't
http://edition.cnn.com/2016/01/15/us/mlk-myths/
As if CNN could be right about anything.

[Edited by iMod]
FlashDangerpants

Melchior wrote: As if CNN could be right about anything.
I think I'm more willing to accept that they have done their homework on the subject than that you have.

[Edited by iMod]
vegetariantaxidermy

Post by vegetariantaxidermy »

What do you mean by that anyway? Was he a member of the Republican party? Do you have evidence of that? Or are you saying he might have voted for a Republican candidate at least once in his life. Evidence? Aren't votes private over there?
FlashDangerpants

Bill Wiltrack wrote: If David Duke isn't DEPLORABLE who is?

Why can't either Donald Trump nor Mike Pence call David Duke a DEPLORABLE racist?
It's good to see Bill has reconciled himself with this and is now super enthusiastic about his orange faced master.
Bill Wiltrack

Re: ~ The Width & Breadth of Acceptance Found in America ~

Post by Bill Wiltrack »

Deplorable is a connotative word.

Fact is Donald J Trump won the Presidency of the United States.

I accept that fact and in-fact I am hopeful, excited, and I am confident in the resourcefulness of Donald J Trump and in the prospects of the United States today...

FlashDangerpants

Oh look, Bill has quietly edited all his posts in this thread to remove the things he wrote about Trump licking Putin's balls etc.

What a coward.
Arising_uk

Post by Arising_uk »

Well he did put his name to his words but apparently he is now worried about his place in the New Order.
FlashDangerpants

He probably should. Given the dearth of talent available to him, Trump probably wants Bill for Secretary of Labor.
Justintruth

Post by Justintruth »

Deplorable? Oh we are not remotely to the meaning of that bitter fruit.

You have to go to the last scene in the movie Easy Rider and ask why the man was shot to know what will come if they are not stopped.

These people are motivated by ideas which lead to violence and domination. They are not just talking. Do you 5hing this is some friendly debate? Some attempt to exchange ideas? It's contempt. And it's fruition will not be limited to conversation.

They have the Congress, executive, courts, most of the police forces, most of the military, and they control our food supply. These are just skirmishes. They now have the power. When the get in control they will strip human rights and enforce conformity. Democracy? When creating lines and using the FBI and special prosecutors doesn't work? Do you really think those dogs won't bite?

Better to fight now. We need to erode the power of that great red stain of shame. I suggest we start figuring out how to eliminate the department of agriculture subsides. Reduce the number of senators allocated to the land rich reds. Impose economic sanctions and if necessary prepare to nationalize the food supply. Ensure democracy by eliminating the electoral collge. Outlaw jerrymandering. No we havent the power but scream for these things as loud and often as possible. Above all we should shun those who vote this way and attack them politically and socially and economically with ridicule if necessary whenever possible. The time for silence is over. Donald Trump is a brick hurled by the angry white men - and women- at the edifice of democracy itself. They don't expect him to be better. They just want to smash some liberals up a bit.

Worse part is that they fail to see the underlying source of their anger. They can't see that their skills are no longer needed in our high tech production. The solution - guaranteed minimum wage - is right there but they cant see it because the thought of themselves being one of us instead of above us is so repugnant to them they will smash things rather than admit their need.

Better to reign in hell than serve in heaven? We will see how that works for these so called fundamentalist Christians. One thing for sure - they are nihilist's not Christians. Christ was born in a stable not in Trump Tower.

The problem with this post like so.many liberal posts is that it assumes that exposing them will be what is needed. It's not. We need to stop talking and take action - legal action but action. Turning your back on them literally is the way to go. That and moving as many of us into the mid of the country to size their senators by out voting them in their own districts.

If you hire look as discretely as possible into whether they are red . Also if you buy. If you are in the military promote blue not red. Etc etc Take action. Don't pretend that reason will work.
Bill Wiltrack

Post by Bill Wiltrack »

With the continued advent of technology I believe a form of Universal Basic Income is something that will need to be implemented in most progressive industrialized countries.

Donald Trump is a very smart man. He is a master at licencing, marketing, and branding. He defined a message early on in his campaign and worked extremely hard and smart to win the 2016 election for President of the United States. Give him his due. ALLOW him to lead.

The intelligence he used to conquer all adversaries in his campaign will be the same intelligence and perspective he will use to lead this country.

As I stated before, we are part of a new & amazing Digital Revolution; The Third Industrial Revolution.

Destruction is a necessary part of all revolution - even before new construction can take place.

Donald J Trump de-structed the existing Republican party even before he destructed the Democratic party. Because of the phenomenon of the Trump electorate, both the Republican & Democratic party will need to be re-structured and re-defined as we progress.

This is a turbulent time. A time of transition. A time that will bring continued re-definition.

Individually, we must look at ourselves, work to sense or perceive our pre-concieved perspective of the world and work to take-in the terrain of this new environment that we are entering into as objectively as possible.

I am extremely hopeful and confident that this new revolution is not only exciting but in the end will be a continued positive effect for humanity in general.