~ The Width & Breadth of Acceptance Found in America ~

For all things philosophical.

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Lacewing

Re: ~ The Width & Breadth of Acceptance Found in America ~

Post by Lacewing »

vegetariantaxidermy wrote:You are being a bit dramatic aren't you?
Well if I am, it's only for fun. But that's truly how I imagine Trump's role on the cosmic stage. I've been expecting an apocalypse for years... and evidently there are no horsemen... just a clown. Who could have guessed?!
vegetariantaxidermy wrote:Trump isn't an 'anything'. Since the election he's like a bag of stewed prunes that's been vacuum-pumped --all the air sucked out and ready for the freezer.
:lol: Excellent description!

Every new image I see of him, he looks more and more horrified at the realization of what the hell he has gotten himself into. So much so, that he's trying to work it so that he can still live out of his NY home part-time. What a big baby. Melania doesn't look happy at all either. What did they think this was... a 9-5 job? Even that should have deterred him from chasing after it, as I'm guessing he has never had even that much structure in his life. He got what he was claiming to wish for... and I think he has found himself in hell.
vegetariantaxidermy wrote:Pence is BY FAR the more dangerous beast! You don't mind that you have a Govt. full of creationists, misogynists, global-warming deniers..? In the highest places??
OF COURSE I MIND!! Do you think ALL Americans are complete idiots? Please don't throw us all in the same bag. At least more than half of us are utterly horrified by what's going on in this country.
vegetariantaxidermy

Post by vegetariantaxidermy »

Lacewing wrote:
vegetariantaxidermy wrote:You are being a bit dramatic aren't you?
Well if I am, it's only for fun. But that's truly how I imagine Trump's role on the cosmic stage. I've been expecting an apocalypse for years... and evidently there are no horsemen... just a clown. Who could have guessed?!
vegetariantaxidermy wrote:Trump isn't an 'anything'. Since the election he's like a bag of stewed prunes that's been vacuum-pumped --all the air sucked out and ready for the freezer.
:lol: Excellent description!

Every new image I see of him, he looks more and more horrified at the realization of what the hell he has gotten himself into. So much so, that he's trying to work it so that he can still live out of his NY home part-time. What a big baby. Melania doesn't look happy at all either. What did they think this was... a 9-5 job? Even that should have deterred him from chasing after it, as I'm guessing he has never had even that much structure in his life. He got what he was claiming to wish for... and I think he has found himself in hell.
vegetariantaxidermy wrote:Pence is BY FAR the more dangerous beast! You don't mind that you have a Govt. full of creationists, misogynists, global-warming deniers..? In the highest places??
OF COURSE I MIND!! Do you think ALL Americans are complete idiots? Please don't throw us all in the same bag. At least more than half of us are utterly horrified by what's going on in this country.
:lol: That's hilarious. He wants to 'work from home' haha.

I'm predicting he will feign a heart attack and 'have to stand down (with regret) for health reasons'. It reminds me of Fawlty Towers where Basil would get himself into a huge pickle and then pretend to faint to get out of it.
Lacewing

Post by Lacewing »

vegetariantaxidermy wrote:I'm predicting he will feign a heart attack and 'have to stand down (with regret) for health reasons'. It reminds me of Fawlty Towers where Basil would get himself into a huge pickle and then pretend to faint to get out of it.
:lol: That sounds exactly how things will play out! And Donald's gastroenterologist doctor will confirm it.

John Oliver had a 30-minute episode on Trump... and when they showed a scene of Trump meeting with Obama in the whitehouse, they inserted the background theme music from Larry David's "Curb Your Enthusiasm". Very funny.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/joh ... adb56f073f
vegetariantaxidermy

Post by vegetariantaxidermy »

Lacewing wrote:
vegetariantaxidermy wrote:I'm predicting he will feign a heart attack and 'have to stand down (with regret) for health reasons'. It reminds me of Fawlty Towers where Basil would get himself into a huge pickle and then pretend to faint to get out of it.
:lol: That sounds exactly how things will play out! And Donald's gastroenterologist doctor will confirm it.

John Oliver had a 30-minute episode on Trump... and when they showed a scene of Trump meeting with Obama in the whitehouse, they inserted the background theme music from Larry David's "Curb Your Enthusiasm". Very funny.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/joh ... adb56f073f
People are certainly having fun with it but to be honest, the only candidates I've had any time for in recent history are Al Gore and Bernie Sanders. At least they have a bit of depth and they're not warmongers. Hillary is just a power-hungry warmonger. I thought Trump MIGHT turn out to have a bit more going for him than her because all his blustering was obviously just smoke and mirrors to reel in the idiot vote. Most of it was untenable, and he claimed to be against the TPP (I have a feeling he will backtrack on that as well).
Hobbes' Choice

Post by Hobbes' Choice »

Bill Wiltrack wrote:.

I’ve been on this forum for over ten years.

Been called dickhead, asshole and volteface.
You are not a volteface. Look it up!
Philosophy Explorer

Post by Philosophy Explorer »

Hobbes' Choice wrote:

Actually BW is a volteface to a certain extent. But everybody's entitled to change their minds, even political candidates.

PhilX
Hobbes' Choice

Post by Hobbes' Choice »

Philosophy Explorer wrote:
Hobbes' Choice wrote:

Actually BW is a volteface to a certain extent. But everybody's entitled to change their minds, even political candidates.

PhilX
Jesus! A volteface is not a person, it is an action.
Philosophy Explorer

Hobbes' Choice wrote:
Hobbes' Choice wrote:

PhilX
BW does volte-face to a certain extent. Happy?

That's not the main point of the exchange. BW says he was accused of doing it as if it's a big deal which it isn't as I've explained.

PhilX
Hobbes' Choice

Post by Hobbes' Choice »

Hobbes' Choice wrote:

PhilX

That's not the main point of the exchange. BW says he was accused of doing it as if it's a big deal which it isn't as I've explained.

PhilX
The point I was making is that I did not call him a 'volteface", I said he'd made one.
Philosophy Explorer

Hobbes' Choice wrote:
Hobbes' Choice wrote:

PhilX
The point I was making is that I did not call him a 'volteface", I said he'd made one.
That's not a point to make because you didn't call him a "volte-face" on this thread nor even implied it.

PhilX
Hobbes' Choice

Post by Hobbes' Choice »

Hobbes' Choice wrote:

PhilX
That's not a point to make because you didn't call him a "volte-face" on this thread nor even implied it.

PhilX
I made the point because you are still confused, and so is he.
It's almost like you can't read.
Philosophy Explorer

Hobbes' Choice wrote:
Hobbes' Choice wrote:

PhilX
I made the point because you are still confused, and so is he.
It's almost like you can't read.
That's your department as you claim to be dyslexic.

PhilX
Terrapin Station

Post by Terrapin Station »

Bill Wiltrack wrote:I’ve been on this forum for over ten years.

NO MATTER WHAT POSITION I TAKE.
It's not your positions that people are responding to. It's your personality/posting style.