EGO ISN'T ENLIGHTENED WITH YOU

For all things philosophical.

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Mortalsfool

Re: EGO ISN'T ENLIGHTENED WITH YOU

Post by Mortalsfool »

Dubious wrote:To me enlightenment is an additional layer of insight though not existing in everyone. It offers a 3rd eye perspective on the realities we experience and behold. That, I think would be the reason the metaphorical 3rd eye is usually placed in the center of one's forehead as that which, as a higher agent, sees in advance of what the eye itself actually perceives. It denotes the measure of how much more the mind is capable of understanding beyond what is usually understood and accepted which should be the prime directive of philosophy.
Well put Dubious! I guess when that phenomena is explained to one that doesn't 'get it', it would appear as babble to them. They always amaze me.
Their attention is sidetracked from the point of the post, and instead centers them on what they do have the capability of criticizing, grammar and such. Being incapable of commenting on or considering what is written, they instead preen their ego's cleverness at spotting small mistakes in the presentation.
Bill Wiltrack

Post by Bill Wiltrack »

To the original poster;

You are not enlightened. You never will be enlightened.

If you would have been enlightened you would have lead with your god-given legal name and you would have stated your current location of residence in your signature box.

What you are describing is periods of self-consciousness.

so, get real...

GreatandWiseTrixie

Post by GreatandWiseTrixie »

Bill Wiltrack wrote:.

To the original poster;

If you would have been enlightened you would have lead with your god-given legal name and you would have stated your current location of residence in your signature box.

so, get real...

You sound like Kelly Jones. What does some bullshit government name have to do with Enlightenment. How does carrying around a state id make you more enlightened than anybody else?
Mortalsfool

Post by Mortalsfool »

To the original poster;

so, get real...
Bill Wiltrack, you must be some kind of an idiot!
My email is my name. What the hell does my name and residence have to do with my philosophy?

To think that you can determine someone's status concerning their enlightenment is idiotic. Can you also determine my relationship with my God? It is precisely where my enlightenment came from.

The reason that I'm so sure of your status, is because I have stated many times that the 'proof' of my philosophic claim is a life that has been 'perfect' for thirty-five years, how has your's been? Instead of trying to put down claims that you can't make for yourself, try showing us what your own philosophy has done for you.

You are no more than a Troll pretending to be a serious philosopher; pathetic! You have no idea the self-harm you are doing to yourself. See, I believe that God is real, and I would fear standing in your shoes as you ridicule the accomplishments of others instead of trying to share what you have learned from your time in these forums.

You may be big in this room, but you are a small man when it comes to philosophy. If we were standing face to face, you would see how stupid you appear. You must really wow the students and trolls that enter here.

Link me to one of your posts where you present some real philosophy of your own. Show me how much 'greater' than I you really are.

jackbuno@hotmail.com
GreatandWiseTrixie

while I agree that bill wartrack is a troll, the definition of enlightenment is made possible with the following analogy -

Human to baboon =
Enlightened Human to human

The SuperEnlightened is a being which can begin to investigate a Non-molecular, Non-spiritual, Non-movie, Non-physical reality, a Non-world, something beyond a human comprehension.
Bill Wiltrack

Post by Bill Wiltrack »

One of the huge hurtles on the road to experiencing enlightenment is the ability to get around the ego.

To see the ego in it's proper place.

To hide behind a phony moniker & a non-existent location shows that the ego; the ego that you are is protecting itself.

Again, you describe in your original post glimpses of self-consciousness. That is all.

As the original post in a philosophical thread, it's rather pedestrian.

...plus, you must have used at least eight exclamation marks in seven paragraphs...who the fuck does that?

Mortalsfool

Post by Mortalsfool »

GreatandWiseTrixie wrote:while I agree that bill wartrack is a troll, the definition of enlightenment is made possible with the following analogy -

Human to baboon =

The SuperEnlightened is a being which can begin to investigate a Non-molecular, Non-spiritual, Non-movie, Non-physical reality, a Non-world, something beyond a human comprehension.
Trixie, love your handle!

To me, enlightenment means:
The ability to sort thru everything you learned, meaning philosophy, observation, facts, fancies, opinions, religion, everything, and ask questions without the influence of your ego corrupting the answers you get. This involves the 'screening' of your answers with a filter that calls it 'wrong' if it conflicts with the observable universe, meaning the laws of physics, the science of humanities, or common sense and reason. If an answer requires some supernatural explanation like the insanity of religion, IT IS WRONG! However, if it does not, it adds only sound information to what you already knew. Hence, a progression in your learning that never has to be changed or found to have been wrong, thereby providing a sound base for your next question.

The confidence that derives from this method of thinking manifests itself in the real-world. This is what I credit to a life of far more variance than is common, being led without conflict. Meaning why I got along with 'everyone' I met for thirty-five years, and had no conflict with my world; at all!
Mortalsfool

Post by Mortalsfool »

One of the huge hurtles on the road to experiencing enlightenment is the ability to get around the ego.

To hide behind a phony moniker & a non-existent location shows that the ego; the ego that you are is protecting itself.

Again, you describe in your original post glimpses of self-consciousness. That is all.

As the original post in a philosophical thread, it's rather pedestrian.

...plus, you must have used at least eight exclamation marks in seven paragraphs...who the fuck does that?

Me you idiot! You give a perfect example of a man who cannot attack the meat of a post, but is excellent at finding grammar to comment on.

Are you obsessed with my name and address? What do you want to do, kiss me?

I see you as a man who suffers from a diminutive character and stature who gets no easy respect in the real world. I do allow that perhaps you had a few too many bricks hit you in the head; in which case I offer you my condolences for your condition.

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Dubious

Post by Dubious »

GreatandWiseTrixie wrote:while I agree that bill wartrack is a troll, the definition of enlightenment is made possible with the following analogy -

Human to baboon =

Even enlightenment has its limits. Among humans it never has or likely ever will go supernova. For the likes of us it means to be a few steps beyond the steps we're currently on. Enlightenment means progression, not revelation. As such it's the criteria which separates philosophy from religion.
surreptitious57

Post by surreptitious57 »

Mortalsfool wrote:
My question to you is can you describe enlightenment from your own first person view of its manifestation
The avoidance of any position that cannot be logically or empirically supported

The realisation that all I will ever know is in relative terms practically zero
GreatandWiseTrixie

Mortalsfool wrote: !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I think those are almost 42 exclamations. It may may make Bill's head crash from an overload error. :oops:

Even enlightenment has its limits. Among humans it never has or likely ever will go supernova. For the likes of us it means to be a few steps beyond the steps we're currently on. Enlightenment means progression, not revelation. As such it's the criteria which separates philosophy from religion.
Some things are easier to define with analogies, others are easier to define with what they are not. It's kind of like, you know you are a different than a baboon, you know you are, but you can't really easily put it into words other than using trivial ego bullshit about how they don't use tools. words and logic and how they differ in appearance, but its harder to get to the core essence how exactly you are different, you just know it and they know it too.

It is hard exactly to say what exactly it is, but IMO part of it is seeing truth in a Logical way. That there are probable truths but you guesstimate their probability. Occams razor is not a law or rule but just a method of getting lucky rolls when it comes to machines. In my world Religion is simultaneously real and false. IMO an easy way to spot an unEnlightened is anyone who is incapable of debating in a rational way, or blocks communications at the slightest provocation.

I dont rule things out but create logical scenarios. Like if So and so is true, then so and so is true, and so and so is true. But if so and so is false, then so and so is true, etc. Then I assign a probability index, like theres a 98 percent chance Hillary is corrupt, and a 50 percent chance WW3 would occur with her, but in my mind, there is only a 26 percent chance Jill Stein is corrupt, and therefore Jill has my vote.

One of the things Im saying about enlightenment is that it is easier to define what it is not. That is that what it is not.

What Bill is saying doesn't actually make any sense, because if he is right that means than Anyone walking down the street is Enlightened, and if they tell someone their government name they are even more enlightened, or if they go to the store and Write a check with their government name they are extremely enlightened. That is completely ridiculous nonsense what Bill is saying.

There are also some other reasons Bill did not explore. Maybe he doesn't want to be stalked and doesn't want to give his location. Maybe his name is traumatic for him or something.
Being a total pacifist and masochist is not Enlightenment IMO, because if someone wants to avoid harm and not relive trauma, and protect their body that doesn't make them unEnlightened.

Furthermore I think the key to enlightenment is having a variety of experiences and personalities. Having an online monkier is actually escaping from one's ego, not protecting it IMO. If you go around your whole life as Bill Wiltrack well that's quite limiting IMO.

Mortalsfool wrote: Trixie, love your handle!
Thankyou, but do you also love my love handles?
Mortalsfool wrote:What do you want to do, kiss me?
I don't know, I was going to ask you the same thing.

If Bill actually gives me a solid answer of what enlightenment is, I will be thoroughly impressed.

My definition of Enlightenment consists of "striving for honesty + super sanity + nihilism + multiple personalities + varied experiences + complex mindedness + minds that simplify + exploration + disregard for dogma + recognizing the apelike nature of man + giving a shit + not giving a shit + glamour + humor + special sauce"
I am not of the Hokey modern camp that Enlightenment is some kind of cheezy nirvana bliss. But I am not the jed mckenna camp that Enlightenment is pure misery. I believe that it is both. But I believe Buddhism is mostly bullshit and the Bible is probably more true than Buddha.
In my opinion, Enlightenment is almost inevitable for higher lifeforms and minds, and that Insanity is almost required for Enlightenment, and that Insanity can be Sanity and Sanity can be Insanity, Society is usually Insane (but not the Insane kind of Enlightened way.)
surreptitious57

Post by surreptitious57 »

GreatandWiseTrixie wrote:
But I believe Buddhism is mostly bullshit and the Bible is probably more true than Buddha
Buddhism over Christianity any day as Buddha asked his followers to question everything
Mortalsfool

Post by Mortalsfool »

Dubious wrote:

Human to baboon =

It only takes being one step ahead of where you stand to see your future.
Mortalsfool

Post by Mortalsfool »

surreptitious57 wrote:
Mortalsfool wrote:
My question to you is can you describe enlightenment from your own first person view of its manifestation
The avoidance of any position that cannot be logically or empirically supported

The realisation that all I will ever know is in relative terms practically zero
Wow! You think far less of our human potential than I do.
Mortalsfool

Post by Mortalsfool »

Mortalsfool wrote: Trixie, love your handle!
Thankyou, but do you also love my love handles?
Mortalsfool wrote:What do you want to do, kiss me?
I don't know, I was going to ask you the same thing.

Trixie, why do you think they are called 'love handles?' Of course.

Actually my question about kissing was meant for Bill W. He seems to have the type of character that would want or need a kiss.