Einstein and the Cosmic Man

For all things philosophical.

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Nick_A

Re: Einstein and the Cosmic Man

Post by Nick_A »

Arising_uk wrote: Mon Sep 25, 2017 8:37 pm
Nick_A wrote:...
Why do you think those like Jesus and Socrates had to be killed ...
Like Weil, Socrates wasn't killed he pretty much committed suicide.
Jesus, Socrates, and Simone all died intentional conscious deaths. This is meaningless for a secularist yet for those who have gone beyond the limitations of dualistic thought, it is the realistic thing to do for special people capable of a conscious death.
Arising_uk

Post by Arising_uk »

Nick_A wrote:Jesus, Socrates, and Simone all died intentional conscious deaths. ...
Jesus didn't choose to die he was crucified by the Romans, Socrates did, as he was old, an ex-soldier and knew it would make an impact, Simone was a narcissist with an eating disorder who died through stupidity.
This is meaningless for a secularist yet for those who have gone beyond the limitations of dualistic thought, it is the realistic thing to do for special people capable of a conscious death.
'Dualistic' thought, not you as well :roll:
Nick_A

Post by Nick_A »

Greta wrote: Tue Sep 26, 2017 12:09 am
marjoram_blues wrote: Mon Sep 25, 2017 3:16 pmre last post by Nick ...

However, he is guilty of abuse of character ...
That's what he usually does, Marj. I appreciate that you too are taking the self preservation route.

An interesting thing. After all these months of daily abuse by Nick I see just how infected I've been by his sickness. I realised after I made the decision yesterday to give up this battle completely and leave him to have his free hits. If the mud sticks, so be it.

This morning I went for an early morning walk after yet again only having a few hours' sleep (residual stress). In private moments I enjoy a mental gimmick / mind hack / whatever where I look into the sky and try to feel how all the stuff of our lives takes place on this effective Flatland on the Earth's surface within the eternity of endless space. Basically they are small mystical experiences. I haven't had one of those experiences for months since Nick started working to break me, and I just appreciated what I'd been missing and what I'd allowed him to take from me.

It is most ironic - or perhaps inevitable - that the one who preaches about "cave life" and "spirit killing" seems intent on breaking others' spirituality and effectively trying to pull them deep in the cave where he resides.
Greta has accused me of everything she has thought of but fortunately she has avoided the most important attack and one I would be forced to plead guilty to and risk the scorn of many modern women.

Many men have become easy prey for pussy whipping by feminist women talking them into eating more soy products. Soy decreases testosterone and increases estrogen creating the modern domesticated male.

Now I must confess that I openly enjoy a big juicy hamburger smothered in onions, mushrooms, and ketchup. Heaven on earth.Yes I am guilty and avoid soy products. Can't you just see it now. A big juicy hamburger and fries proudly demonstrating their attraction along with a full glass of red wine and not a soy bean in sight.

Behind pinching and all the rest is not as insulting as a man admitting he enjoys such a hamburger instead of a soy salad. More money for education is needed to support creating pussy whipped men. The Great Beast needs as many cave men as it can get to keep the cave clean. Proper education will make sure they are unaffected by the influences of those like Einstein and Simone and will have safe spaces to keep them pure. Progress.
Nick_A

Post by Nick_A »

Arising_uk wrote: Tue Sep 26, 2017 12:27 am
Nick_A wrote:Jesus, Socrates, and Simone all died intentional conscious deaths. ...
Jesus didn't choose to die he was crucified by the Romans, Socrates did, as he was old, an ex-soldier and knew it would make an impact, Simone was a narcissist with an eating disorder who died through stupidity.
This is meaningless for a secularist yet for those who have gone beyond the limitations of dualistic thought, it is the realistic thing to do for special people capable of a conscious death.
'Dualistic' thought, not you as well :roll:
Jesus knew he must die as he did though most could not yet understand why
Matthew 16: 21 From that time on Jesus began to explain to his disciples that he must go to Jerusalem and suffer many things at the hands of the elders, the chief priests and the teachers of the law, and that he must be killed and on the third day be raised to life.

22 Peter took him aside and began to rebuke him. “Never, Lord!” he said. “This shall never happen to you!”

23 Jesus turned and said to Peter, “Get behind me, Satan! You are a stumbling block to me; you do not have in mind the concerns of God, but merely human concerns.”
"Science says 'We must live,' and seeks the means of prolonging, increasing, facilitating and amplifying life, of making it tolerable and acceptable, wisdom says 'We must die,' and seeks how to make us die well." Socrates
Secularists are only concerned with quality of life. These special beings know the value of the conscious quality of death.
Arising_uk

Post by Arising_uk »

You do know your 'God' banished us for fear of us becoming as them by eating from the Tree of Life don't you?
Arising_uk

Post by Arising_uk »

Many men have become easy prey for pussy whipping by feminist women talking them into eating more soy products. Soy decreases testosterone and increases estrogen creating the modern domesticated male. ...
:lol: What cave have you been living in? Who eats soy?
Now I must confess that I openly enjoy a big juicy hamburger smothered in onions, mushrooms, and ketchup. Heaven on earth.Yes I am guilty and avoid soy products. Can't you just see it now. A big juicy hamburger and fries proudly demonstrating their attraction along with a full glass of red wine and not a soy bean in sight. ...
Let's hope your mum didn't agree with you as given the amount of hormones pumped into American burgers I doubt you're gonna be a dad anytime soon and you better pay attention to what your fries are fried in as if like many Americans you use products with trans fats you're not likely to live long enough to breed.
Behind pinching ...
Oh yeah! I saw your discussion on this and lmao that you think the women put up with it for anything else other than economic reasons, piano bars. :roll: :lol:
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Belinda wrote: Mon Sep 25, 2017 8:16 pm Dontaskme wrote:
are you incapable of learning new knowledge or do you like to stick with the comfort zone of your conditioned beliefs?
:D I hope to goodness I am still capable. My comfort zone is academia, and the company of clever people in academia or otherwise, take it or leave it Dontaskme. I have done New Age , Maharishi Mahesh Yogi, and so on. Been there done it abandoned it. Like you, I hoped it was a short cut but it wasn't.
What are you talking about, what short cut ?...short cut to what exactly? why would you say something like that, what do you even mean by that?..gees, people certainly come up with all sorts of weird jargon when the spirituality topic rears it's head in a philosophical discussion...it's almost like a dirty word...and all this stuff about 'new age' and 'yogi' crap... what's that got to do with anything we've been discussing, or is that just more conditioned beliefs?

I've never even thought about such ideas...My only assignment in life was to see through the lie of separation, and yes, separation is an apparent phenomena, it's not going to go away.. it is part and parcel of the apparent human condition. But what struck me when I was growing up was that it didn't seem to be there in other aspects of nature and it's beasts...Personally, I wanted to discover the truth for myself and be allowed the freedom of expression to discern between what is actually real and what is not real about the experience of beingness expressed as a human. I wasn't in the slightest bit interested in being told or shown '' this is how we do it'' ...I wanted to find out by myself the way things are, from my own unique perspective, and through my experience.

Obviously someone like yourself would abandoned the deep introspection as to the real nature of reality and the self since what can a mind do with all-inclusiveness?

Each to their own though..we're all a unique never before expression of the divine ...why be a copy.

Also just because I look deeply into the nature of reality doesn't mean I reject academia..I have great respect for academia...I've been involved with it myself, and all my children are successful academics.

Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

AMod wrote: Mon Sep 25, 2017 9:13 pm
You are becoming very irritating.
Well boo hoo, you don't like being irritated do you, you've made that perfectly clear when you deliberately WOULD NOT reply to my PM

Why can't you just do the job your assigned to do?
AMod wrote: Mon Sep 25, 2017 9:13 pmThen why did you want it deleted?
Dear ladies and gentlemen of the jury reading this last comment from the Mod...Mod asks me why did I want it deleted, even though I already explained in the PM why I wanted it deleted, but Mod couldn't be arsed to reply or even acknowledge the PM...great, makes perfect sense.

AMod

Post by AMod »

Dontaskme,
Dontaskme wrote:Well boo hoo, you don't like being irritated do you, you've made that perfectly clear when you deliberately WOULD NOT reply to my PM
:lol:
I wasn't assigned to me and it's "you're" or "you are".
Dear ladies and gentlemen of the jury reading this last comment from the Mod...Mod asks me why did I want it deleted, even though I already explained in the PM why I wanted it deleted, but Mod couldn't be arsed to reply or even acknowledge the PM...great, makes perfect sense.
You are remarkably slow even for this forum. My question was about your comment that you were not in fear of the consequences of posting your stupidity for all to see as if this was the case why did you wish it removed and why are you still banging on about it, I call it your stupidity as apparently you wished to remove it due to you being off-topic upon your own thread and to compound this you asked someone else to ask me to remove it with nary a thought about what my response to someone else asking me to delete another posters thread might be.

AMod.
Belinda

Post by Belinda »

Nick_A wrote: Tue Sep 26, 2017 12:13 am
Harbal wrote: Mon Sep 25, 2017 10:19 pm
Nick_A wrote: Mon Sep 25, 2017 6:25 pm But students in Ottawa will hear some good stuff. We all go out to dinner and have a good time after.
Drinking and swapping Weil quotes into the early hours of the morning, no doubt. You bunch of hellraisers.
This will come as a shock so brace yourself. Not all philosophers are like progressives here with the need to attack, condemn, ridicule, deny, or partake in any other delights of a progressive secular intellect. They can actually go out to dinner after a day of discussion and enjoy some friendly conversation even if they have some philosophical disgreements

Preposterous you will say. It is an insult to modern philosophy to even suggest it. Fight to your last ounce of strength to assert anddefend your opinions. Close your mind; holler and complain. It is the modern way. I know it is a shock but some people are not that way. Take a deep breath and don't fall over. They can actually discuss ideas without being compelled to further their agendas through expressions of intolerance.
What makes you laugh Nick?
Arising_uk

Post by Arising_uk »

Preposterous you will say. It is an insult to modern philosophy to even suggest it. Fight to your last ounce of strength to assert anddefend your opinions. Close your mind; holler and complain. It is the modern way. I know it is a shock but some people are not that way. Take a deep breath and don't fall over. They can actually discuss ideas without being compelled to further their agendas through expressions of intolerance.
You've obviously never studied modern Philosophy in academia.
Walker

Post by Walker »

Belinda wrote: Mon Sep 25, 2017 8:16 pm Dontaskme wrote:
are you incapable of learning new knowledge or do you like to stick with the comfort zone of your conditioned beliefs?
:D I hope to goodness I am still capable. My comfort zone is academia, and the company of clever people in academia or otherwise, take it or leave it Dontaskme. I have done New Age , Maharishi Mahesh Yogi, and so on. Been there done it abandoned it. Like you, I hoped it was a short cut but it wasn't.
Dabbling defines a plateau of comfort zones where the horizons are closer. It’s like reading a book. Read the book from a young plateau, then read it again from a broader horizon created by time. What will be obvious in comparing the new experience of the book, to memory of the book, is that having once read the book from a place that no longer exists, the past which is a home where you can’t again go, does not confer understanding of any knowledge linked by the book.
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

AMod wrote: Tue Sep 26, 2017 10:00 am Dontaskme,
Dontaskme wrote:Well boo hoo, you don't like being irritated do you, you've made that perfectly clear when you deliberately WOULD NOT reply to my PM
:lol:
I wasn't assigned to me and it's "you're" or "you are".
You are remarkably slow even for this forum. My question was about your comment that you were not in fear of the consequences of posting your stupidity for all to see as if this was the case why did you wish it removed and why are you still banging on about it, I call it your stupidity as apparently you wished to remove it due to you being off-topic upon your own thread and to compound this you asked someone else to ask me to remove it with nary a thought about what my response to someone else asking me to delete another posters thread might be.

AMod.
Why would I think about how you would respond to someone asking you to remove someones else's thread? Am I supposed to be a bloody mind reader now?
If I'd known you were going to have a nervous break down over the whole damn innocent ordeal, I would certainly not have asked Harbal. I seriously don't understand what the big problem is here. So yeah, just label me the SLOW person for not getting the issue at hand..and for not having any common sense why don't you, if it makes you feel all powerful and mighty.

Okay I get it, I admit, I'm a bloody stupid idiot , I'm a slow stupid fool, who doesn't use the correct grammar even, okay, whatever, bash away with all that you can muster, if it makes you feel better about the whole god damn issue. I'm in the wrong, I'm the b bloody stupid fool, I should have known better shouldn't I, oh my god, what was I thinking, I should be so fucking ashamed of myself for what I've done, it's such a terrible immature irresponsible thing to have done, god forbid if I ever dare to do such a thing, and god forbid if I even dare to admit to my own stupidity by wanting the thread to go away. But the reality is that's all I ever wanted and so I thought maybe, just maybe you could help me since you are the forum Mod, but boy was I ever so so very wrong. How idiotic and paranoid and stupid it was of me to expect you to understand anything about the whole situation, god forbid if we are NOT allowed to have any feelings or say in these sometimes sensitive matters. So all I can do now is profusely apologise with every last breath I have for even attempting to contact you, and I know this must have been such a wicked thing to dare to have the audacity to ask someone else to ask you.

Nick_A

Post by Nick_A »

Belinda wrote: Tue Sep 26, 2017 10:08 am
Nick_A wrote: Tue Sep 26, 2017 12:13 am
Harbal wrote: Mon Sep 25, 2017 10:19 pm

Drinking and swapping Weil quotes into the early hours of the morning, no doubt. You bunch of hellraisers.
This will come as a shock so brace yourself. Not all philosophers are like progressives here with the need to attack, condemn, ridicule, deny, or partake in any other delights of a progressive secular intellect. They can actually go out to dinner after a day of discussion and enjoy some friendly conversation even if they have some philosophical disgreements

What makes you laugh Nick?
Humor. Even though the progressive mind does its best to replace it with comedy and ridicule there are still many fans of humor.
Nick_A

Post by Nick_A »

Arising_uk wrote: Tue Sep 26, 2017 10:39 am
You've obviously never studied modern Philosophy in academia.
When I was young I intuitively knew that academia served the purpose degrading the purpose of philosophy in order to create opinions acceptable to the given academics of the time. The older I get the more I have been proven right which is really why I lack respect for modern philosophy. It has lost its purpose.