London Philosophy Now Group

Philosophy Now meetup groups.

Moderators: AMod, iMod

mickthinks

Re: London

Post by mickthinks »

Thursday 20 November the London Philosophy Now Group is meeting as usual in The Long Bar in the foyer of the National Theatre* on the South Bank, at 7.30pm.

You are all welcome to join us for a few drinks and an evening of congenial philosophy.

* It's a pleasant 6 min walk across Hungerford Bridge from Embankment station, and 3 mins from Waterloo and Southwark Tubes and from Waterloo East for those on the Charing X mainline. Look for the table with a copy of Philosophy Now magazine on it.
mickthinks

Post by mickthinks »

Thursday 18 December the London Philosophy Now Group is meeting as usual in The Long Bar in the foyer of the National Theatre* on the South Bank, at 7.30pm.

You are all welcome to join us for a few drinks and our last evening of congenial philosophy in 2008.

* It's a pleasant 6 min walk across Hungerford Bridge from Embankment station, and 3 mins from Waterloo and Southwark Tubes and from Waterloo East for those on the Charing X mainline. Look for the table with a copy of Philosophy Now magazine on it.
mickthinks

Post by mickthinks »

Please note the change of venue.

Thursday 15 January the London Philosophy Now Group is returning to its previous venue:

[url=hhttp://www2.stmartin-in-the-fields.org/page/cafe/crypt/crypt.html]The Cafe in the Crypt of St Martin in the Fields*[/url]

in Trafalgar Square, at 7.30pm.

You are all welcome to join us for a few drinks and our first evening of congenial philosophy in 2009.

* Look for the table with a copy of Philosophy Now magazine on it.
Psychonaut

Post by Psychonaut »

You might as well call it the England Philosophy Now Meetup Group, since its the only one in the country.

I'll come along myself one day, when I have the money to make the trip.

At the moment though it is ironically cheaper for me to fly to Paris for a weekend than it is for me to go to London.
mickthinks

Post by mickthinks »

Please note the venue.

Thursday 19 February the London Philosophy Now Group is meeting in

[url=hhttp://www2.stmartin-in-the-fields.org/page/cafe/crypt/crypt.html]The Cafe in the Crypt of St Martin in the Fields*[/url] in Trafalgar Square, at 7.30pm.

The topic for discussion will be: What are the philosophical questions arising from Darwin's theory? You are all welcome to join us for a few drinks and an evening of congenial philosophy.

jetsetjason

Post by jetsetjason »

mick, if you had emailed me, i could have broadcast it out, here

http://www.meetup.com/culturevultures/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

vast research,shows, meetup works, hey, fancy some jazz ?

http://www.meetup.com/The-South-East-Lo ... tup-Group/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

perhaps you can join the humanists and email out your meetings to their group ?

http://www.meetup.com/Central-London-Humanists/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
mickthinks

Post by mickthinks »

Please note the venue

Thursday 19 March

We meet in The Cafe in the Crypt of St Martin in the Fields* at Trafalgar Square, at 7.30pm.

The topic for discussion will be: Can you say what you mean? You are all welcome to join us for a few drinks and an evening of congenial philosophy.

Last edited by mickthinks on Thu Mar 19, 2009 5:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jetsetjason

Post by jetsetjason »

see you there !
bus2bondi

Post by bus2bondi »

Can you say what you mean?
what is that topic about?
Psychonaut

Post by Psychonaut »

Can you mean what you say?
mickthinks

Post by mickthinks »

Please note the venue

Thursday 16 April

We meet in The Cafe in the Crypt of St Martin in the Fields* at Trafalgar Square, at 7.30pm.

You are all welcome to join us for a few drinks and an evening of congenial philosophy.

mickthinks

Post by mickthinks »

Sorry guys—not feeling well enough to run the meeting tonight. Hopefully normal service will be resumed in July.
mickthinks

Post by mickthinks »

Apologies for the third month running. No one is free to chair the meeting tonight so it won't take place. Maybe August's meeting will go ahead. If not then hopefully normal service will be resumed in September.

Wishing you all a great Summer! :)

Mick
michael.aleksander

Post by michael.aleksander »

Is the September meet going ahead?
I'm a newbie, hope it is on!
mickthinks

Post by mickthinks »

Thursday 17 September

* We are usually in the quiet room through the arches off the main cafeteria area. Look for the table with a copy of Philosophy Now magazine on it.