I'm here now.

Tell us a little about yourself.

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Arising_uk

Post by Arising_uk »

Personally, I prefer the whitewashed walls, the Lord Prayer and a few Christian observations and reflections about whats been going on amongst the congregation. If its smell, bells and sin you want why not the Eastern Orthodox Church? Convenience?
a_uk
The Wolf

Post by The Wolf »

Arising_uk wrote:Personally, I prefer the whitewashed walls, the Lord Prayer and a few Christian observations and reflections about whats been going on amongst the congregation. If its smell, bells and sin you want why not the Eastern Orthodox Church? Convenience?
a_uk
If it's smell, bells and sin I want!?

Why not the Eastern Church?
I'm not from the east and I don't live there, so yes at some level you might say convenience, also the Eastern Orthodox churches are local churches rather than universal as is the Catholic Church.
Arising_uk

Post by Arising_uk »

The Wolf wrote:If it's smell, bells and sin I want!?
Is there a shock here? Is not confession of sin part and parcel of the religion you've chosen?
Why not the Eastern Church?
I'm not from the east and I don't live there, so yes at some level you might say convenience, also the Eastern Orthodox churches are local churches rather than universal as is the Catholic Church.
From the avatar you're from SE England so Protestantism should have been your choice? Why Catholicism as its is one of the more successful religions when it comes to localising its tenets?
a_uk
artisticsolution

Post by artisticsolution »

My vote is...he did it for a girl. :wink:
The Wolf

Post by The Wolf »

Arising_uk wrote:
The Wolf wrote:If it's smell, bells and sin I want!?
Is there a shock here? Is not confession of sin part and parcel of the religion you've chosen?

Do joggers what fatness?
Arising_uk wrote:
The Wolf wrote:Why not the Eastern Church?
From the avatar you're from SE England so Protestantism should have been your choice? Why Catholicism as its is one of the more successful religions when it comes to localising its tenets?
a_uk
Southern England yes, the avatar comes from the internet. I think I have already suggested that it is to do with both the rich aesthetic and spiritual culture of traditional Christianity and the unbroken apostolic tradition of the Catholic Church which were main factors in my decision.
Last edited by The Wolf on Thu Sep 18, 2008 7:38 am, edited 2 times in total.
The Wolf

Post by The Wolf »

artisticsolution wrote:My vote is...he did it for a girl. :wink:
No, I'm afraid not.
artisticsolution

The Wolf wrote:
No, I'm afraid not.
For a boy?
Rortabend

Post by Rortabend »

For a boy?
AS,

He said he was a catholic, not a catholic priest!
artisticsolution

LMAO :lol: :lol: :lol:
Arising_uk

Post by Arising_uk »

The Wolf wrote:Do joggers what fatness?
So you are not a big fat original sinner then?
Southern England yes, the avatar comes from the internet. I think I have already suggested that it is to do with both the rich aesthetic and spiritual culture of traditional Christianity and the unbroken apostolic tradition of the Catholic Church which were main factors in my decision.
So it was an aesthetic choice then? You examined all the religions and found this one most suited your newly found belief in Gods? My puzzlement is that from a militant atheist you went to a monotheistic believer? Why not go to militant agnostic, i.e. there are lots of gods and fuck 'em all, or, just agnostic? What led you to the single God religions?
a_uk
The Wolf

Post by The Wolf »

artisticsolution wrote:
The Wolf wrote:
No, I'm afraid not.
For a boy?
Sorry to disapoint you but not for a boy either.
The Wolf

Post by The Wolf »

Rortabend wrote:
For a boy?
AS,

He said he was a catholic, not a catholic priest!
Tut tut. :!:
The Wolf

Post by The Wolf »

Arising_uk wrote:
The Wolf wrote:Do joggers what fatness?
So you are not a big fat original sinner then?
So it was an aesthetic choice then? You examined all the religions and found this one most suited your newly found belief in Gods? My puzzlement is that from a militant atheist you went to a monotheistic believer? Why not go to militant agnostic, i.e. there are lots of gods and fuck 'em all, or, just agnostic? What led you to the single God religions?
a_uk
Why do I get the impression you are not taking me seriously? I said there were various reasons. Perhaps to save confusion we should make our questions and assertion separate and simple.
No it was not 'an aesthetic choice', it was a spiritual choice in which there were various factors.
Last edited by The Wolf on Fri Sep 19, 2008 7:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
Arising_uk

Post by Arising_uk »

You mistake me, I take you seriously. Anybody who can go from the position you say you were to where you say you are now I find interesting, as in my experience this is rare. In my experience the more common route is, religion to atheist back to religion. Militant atheist to monotheistic religion just surprises me and I'm interested for personal reasons how such things come about?