Hello, not Goodbye.

Tell us a little about yourself.

Moderators: AMod, iMod

artisticsolution

Post by artisticsolution »

mark black wrote:Psycho,
you would even refuse me the right to my own feelings....
Your brain may be good, but your mind is a fucking cess-pool. Die, soon and painfully.

mark.
No one can refuse you the "right" to your own feelings. All I can say is, this is certainly ONE way to get people to sit up and notice...but is it really what you want to convey?
mark black

Post by mark black »

artisticsolution,

It doesn't matter.

"But I will delve one yard below their mines and blow them at the moon."
Hamlet. Act IV Scene 1.

mark.
Psychonaut

Post by Psychonaut »

I think you a snidey, spiteful and venemous liar - a false witness, an unprincipled egoistic wastrel with all the genuine charm of a sewer rat.
Says you, who edits away what you originally said after it has been responded to.

You seem to have misunderstood me, again, and so I have checked out various dictionary and encyclopedia definitions of histrionics in order to see why.

The unfortunate fact is that most words have a number of different meanings, and we can say one thing by them and be understood to have said something quite different.

Histrionics is either a theatrical display of false emotion, a theatrical demonstration of one's emotions for effect, or a personality disorder characterised by excessive emotionality and attention-seeking.

I did not mean to imply the first, though I consider it a possibility. As I said, I cannot know your mental states.

The second to me seems quite likely, and was, indeed, what I intended to imply. That you were theatrically demonstrating your emotions with the intent that they could direct events more in your favor, such as silencing critiques of your ideas, so that you need not answer them and could protect the fragile ego that you have predicated on these ideas.

The last is perhaps even more likely, and also something I intended to imply, except with the removal of 'disorder' since I think that characterising negative behaviour in health terms is unhelpful and largely incorrect.

Obviously, you have taken me to mean the first, and if experience with other people, such as mickthinks, is anything to go by then you are likely to stick to your guns on this misunderstanding and insist that I meant the first, or at least have done you some harm by using a term that could have been misunderstood to mean the first.

You feel wounded, and no doubt, there is nothing I can do to placate you. Why then am I bothering to explain myself? Because there is always some hope.

I have asked you to demonstrate with quotes how I have mocked you or caused you harm, and you have provided nothing except for evidence of my having been silly in responding to someone else in one of your threads.

Regardless of whether you feel wounded, the examples I gave before with the following additions provide plenty of evidence for theatrical displays of your emotions (aka histrionics):
you would even refuse me the right to my own feelings
and recognize the effects they have on other people - specifically, me.
but what I'd call enough rope to hang yourself. A hanging is naturally dramatic.
I think you a snidey, spiteful and venemous liar - a false witness, an unprincipled egoistic wastrel with all the genuine charm of a sewer rat. Your brain may be good, but your mind is a fucking cess-pool. Die, soon and painfully.
Psychonaut

Post by Psychonaut »

Also, like mickthinks, you have failed to acknowledge that my critique is multi-tiered.

As I have said even if we accept that the meaning of life is the continuation of life, or more specifically, the meaning of human life is the continuation of human life, then I would still disagree that this implies the necessity of a scientific authoritarianism.

Scientifically speaking, I think you will find that studies done on educational programs as opposed to punitive programs demonstrate higher success in the educational programs.

So, scientific authoritarianism is the snake chewing on its own tail.
Last edited by Psychonaut on Sun Aug 10, 2008 11:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mark black

Post by mark black »

"A thought which quartered hath but one part wisdom/And ever three parts coward"

Hamlet. Act IV Scene IV.
Psychonaut

Post by Psychonaut »

Care to speak more plainly? Or are you four parts coward?
mark black

Post by mark black »

"I'll be with you straight. Go a little before...
How all occasions do infrom against me,
and spur my dull revenge! What is a man.
If his chief good and market of his time.
Be but to feed and sleep. a beast, no more."

(ibid.)
Psychonaut

Post by Psychonaut »

The greatest magic trick ever pulled
was hiding magic from the world
and now day in day out
politicians kick and shout
and people prodded in this way
do tend to fall and sway
in tune to their pounding fists
in accordance with their rambling lists
and the greatest trick they ever pulled was to make it so,
to stop the growth to take us from our own selves
and leave our thoughts upon the shelves
mark black

Post by mark black »

A new day,
a new we,
a new sky,
a new sea,
a new way,
a new you,
a new why,
an me too.

(Mark Black.)
RachelAnn

Post by RachelAnn »

Psychonaut, keep 'poeting' please.
Psychonaut

Post by Psychonaut »

[Infantile contrariness]NO![/Infantile contrariness]
Psychonaut

Post by Psychonaut »

Best not to speak of what I hope is said and done with now.
Thank fuck for that