Hi fellow philosophers

Tell us a little about yourself.

Moderators: AMod, iMod

amateurphilosophynerd

Hi fellow philosophers

Post by amateurphilosophynerd »

I am amateurphilosophy nerd and I have only recently given in to an impulse to subscribe to Philosophy Now. This is after buying copies on campus of Essex University of which I am blessed to be a graduate.
I do Philosophy and related Social science subjects to help me get a grip on my own circumstances and mission-critical problems that face me as Government policies threaten poverty and destitution on a whole lot of disabled mentally ill people who can least afford to move. Therefore my focus is on survival be it academic, social , relational etc.
Through my reading I am book 47 this year (No 1 for 2008) I am learning to use academic resources poor though they are to circumnavigate a path through these adversities and challenges. I find my reading a struggle and I feel ' full' of the topics and have to get away from it all.
I am terribly interested in any philosophical perspectives therefore that would help me problem-solve as well as by the grace of God help make a difference to peoples problems not least my own; so an accurate as possible picture is vital -whatever my deficiecies. I am blessed we have academics in the family and amongst my friends and I cherish them dearly. I read a secret weekly paper which I can't put words too.
So Philosophy Now is a journey as I don't know what to expect- I LOVE the ideas of academic philosophers and NAPS interacting; I LOVE the idea of being a friendly but challenging forum and will probably lurk. And I have been asked to review an ACTUAL Research Proposal Draft from a R&D Professional which make me RIGHT ON THE EDGE- and I wonder if there is a safe intellectual place. blessings and greetings folks
Psychonaut

Post by Psychonaut »

Hi, and welcome :)
Rortabend

Post by Rortabend »

Welcome. which secret weekly paper are you reading?
amateurphilosophynerd

can't say

but I would have to figure out what to say to the Subscription Guy but I imagine I am not the only one who reads it she says hopefully. :wink:
amateurphilosophynerd

this Paper (weekly Journal)

Helps me learn loads and I actually get to read the Leading Paper on a Work area I am not involved in
Last edited by amateurphilosophynerd on Wed Aug 13, 2008 10:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
amateurphilosophynerd

I have to learn Other Peoples World and

I like/love cherish them learning mine which is mission critical to my existence.
Rortabend

Post by Rortabend »

I wouldn't put too much faith in research that is publsihed secretly. It sounds like a cult!
amateurphilosophynerd

I never get involved in cult things

Only there are activities of mine that have to remain secret including my Weekly Paper/proper Journal. I am sorry it has such negative connotations but it really isn't.
Blessings (must edit signature)