Moderators: AMod, iMod

Malcolm S

Salve

Post by Malcolm S »

A few units of information about me:

*I am an artist living in Brooklyn, NY.
*I am 73 years old.
*I have been married 52 years.
*I have lived in many parts of the USA, from north to south and east to west, as well as in Italy (Florence) for seven years, and in Israel for three years.
*I consider myself a member of the working class ("the class of people who are engaged in manual labor, or are dependent upon it for support").
*Most of the education I have is self-education -- aside from technical training in various aspects of the visual arts, and in some crafts, in which I have many years of professional training in non-academic settings.
*I have an ongoing interest in Stoic philosophy as an ethical way of life.

NB:
1. The above is a standard introduction I have used on a number of forums and sites.
2. The last item, Stoicism, and the one of specific interest here, needs some qualification. I discovered Stoic philosophy about twelve or thirteen years ago, and it made a real difference in my life. Nevertheless, as Stoicism has become increasingly popular in recent years, at the same time I have become increasingly uneasy over what that entails. As a result, my interest is not now quite as much focused on Stoicism as previously, but my interest in philosophy remains.