Just joined

Tell us a little about yourself.

Moderators: AMod, iMod

gaffo

Just joined

Post by gaffo »

now to see if I'm not banned like i was from the other philosophy forum.

see one i know from another forum. howdy "snake"
EchoesOfTheHorizon

Re: Just joined

Post by EchoesOfTheHorizon »

Which forum?
GreatandWiseTrixie

Post by GreatandWiseTrixie »

this forum is one of the least fascist forums, they are open to free thought here.
surreptitious57

Post by surreptitious57 »

You apparently did not notice that yesterday the robot mods deleted forty two posts of yours
That happened without warning or reason and so it is not as pro free speech as you think it is
GreatandWiseTrixie

surreptitious57 wrote: Wed Nov 29, 2017 5:11 pm You apparently did not notice that yesterday the robot mods deleted forty two posts of yours
That happened without warning or reason and so it is not as pro free speech as you think it is
What??? Tell me your trolling me right now...
surreptitious57

Always a good idea to check your post count at the end of each day so you know if any have been deleted when you next log on
I know it happens from time to time but it does not really bother me that much so I just accept it instead since it is all I can do
EchoesOfTheHorizon

I never did find out if it was robot mods or not, the thread I had in the counseling area disappeared the next day after I asked about it.

Is there a list of words not to say, or something? Phrases? A lot of random stuff goes away for no apparent reason, can't be language or arguments, as other far nastier threads survive. Seems completely random to me.

Asking this is going to make this thread vanish again probably.
surreptitious57

They are not actually robot mods as such but I describe them so because they are in all other respects detached from
the forum. As their sole function is to moderate the site and nothing else and so for that they might as well be robots
Anyone not wanting their posts deleted should avoid arguing with Trixie as she is disproportionately targeted by them
EchoesOfTheHorizon

I saw 44 posts deleted overnight, not ever the ones of VT throwing pointless fits, but his thread asking me a question got deleted in philosophical counseling, so I guess most of my replies in that counts. (Edited note, was a deeply pointless thread, him throwing a fit, then VT throwing another fit, so don't mind.... apparently the estrogen is making Trixie throw a fit like a girl, in hindsight, can't tell the different between the drama of the two).

At least they aren't going into posts like Magsj was and changing what you wrote, not even noting it was changed by her, and blocking you from deleting it.... that got me really angry. She isn't smart enough to figure out the context of a lot of discussions, and messed threads up, making it look people said something completely different. One really bad case was, there is a school of psychology that types populated regions by a tendency to have certain personality types appear more so than others, it is a merger of Ethnography and Psychology, heavy on statistics.... they try to show why in terms of epigenetics or cultural predeposition.... crazy woman had no background in it, completely misunderstood, and made me look like a racist in the change, because she didn't understand the school. Ironically is was in reference to Canada, and I was using the Vancouver school in this case. I tried repeatedly to get it changed or deleted, but because Gib from Calgary was Canadian (thus somehow knew better, despite no background) she refused to change her changes to my post, making it look really, really bad. That's pure philosophical malpractice, something deserving of the medieval racks. Grab her by the balls and throw her downfor the tigers in the pit to eat, gladiator style.
gaffo

Post by gaffo »

EchoesOfTheHorizon wrote: Tue Nov 28, 2017 8:49 am Which forum?
Which forum what? ;-).

I got banned from "The Philosophy Forum" which I joined 4 weeks ago after my 24th posts, got knocked down the 3 surviving, then when I tried logging in 2 weeks later was blocked from forum. I re-registed under a different email and similar name (first name was "gaffo" - re-registered one was "gaffo1" - just to post a thank you for the two guys i talked to 2 weeks prior and to say pubilically on thier forum that I thought they "Sucked" for removing my posts and banning me without giving me a reason for such treatment - that tread and my second account lasted 10 minutes and 3 posts. that forum has interesting posts and members, but the "Cops" over ther suck - and so that make their forum such. sadly.

"Greatest I am" ("snake" due to his junglebook avatar - as i call him), i've known for near a decade now - we are both refugees from the "Bible-discussion" forum (over there for near 10 years - i see he has been here for 5), which closed its doors 2 months ago ;-(. sad to see them go, they were true beleivers in "mods-off" and allowed near total liberty in posting of any content.

sigh, oh well, life goes on.

thanks for reply!
EchoesOfTheHorizon

I did set up a forum with the full intention of being moderator off, but the forum software host started censoring words, and putting in ads, and I didn't have the money to stop it. I would personally only stop stuff in cases of pedophilia, fraud, spambot, or a clear and credibly physical threat of violence by someone realistically placed to do so (lived nearby). Probably will attempted it again someday, but only after I find a unlimited bandwidth forum/website host based in the US, unfortunately the only ones I've found hosting such sites are from Canada or England, who have backward regressive laws regarding free speech. One couldn't reasonably run a philosophy forum subject to the laws of known enemies to free speech, as such countries are unethical and run contrary to the mission of philosophy. US has laws restricting the reach of lawsuits from backwards countries like England or Australia from hurting or stopping the protections of Free Speech.

One example, in the news, the British are butthurt because Trump tweeted a story about Islamic violence in the UK, as a example for Americans to consider politically. By default in the American system, this is expected to be debated about, because we are a democracy, this falls both under foreign policy as well as internal American conduct. We are encouraged to debate the issues, to make new laws, amend the constitution to allow for new freedoms, or ban old ones. In the U.K., they are a repressive theocracy, not allowed to talk about it. You can get into trouble. They are a backwards people who invite violence unto themselves for that very reason. It is a political problem, but as subjects of the crown, and not citizens, they don't have the right to speak about such matters, no matter how much it may effect them. Hence the dire need for philosophy forums never to be based in the English commonwealth, where such backwards thought control exists, but rather in free lands, like the US, or Liberia, who have a very broad, sane and ethical grasp for what constitutes Free Speech, and won't hesitate to back it up. Only in a handful of cases involving classified information can you block speech in the US, or if it hurts a child. We haven't had a book burning in several generations, Wilhelm Reich (the philosopher) was the last case, and is a instance of moderator excess, targeting someone with extreme measures because you don't like them. Boston had a few burnings prior, as well as censorship, but that stopped with the Supreme Court (they even burned the original manuscript for Nietzsche's last major work). We really don't allow for such things anymore. It is something truely abhorrent, and can't imagine philosophy benefits when discourse is systematically stifled.
GreatandWiseTrixie

gaffo wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2017 4:27 am
Which forum what? ;-).

I got banned from "The Philosophy Forum" which I joined 4 weeks ago after my 24th posts, got knocked down the 3 surviving, then when I tried logging in 2 weeks later was blocked from forum.
thanks for reply!
Philosophy forum used to be dope, then they froze the old boards and made a new one. By froze I mean, you can't even read any of the posts anymore, its fucktarded. The new one is hella modern hipster looking, looks like hipster Ipod garbage. They layout is subpar.
gaffo

Post by gaffo »

Hello Echoes - I've noted your posts since i joined here 1.5 weeks ago.

though you (to me seem Partisan (this is not good IMO), you also seem to have an independent mind (good - lol).

You are a Conservative, that fine for me. I'm a Liberal (but not Partisan - loathe Political Correctness - Democrats lets me when in 1992 when they left "Melting Pot" "1970's Democratic ideals"................so I've been "partyless" for 25 yrs now.

Self identify as an "old school" Democrat........which the last 25 yrs means "Liberaltarian" (Libertarian - SOCIAL (NOT ECONOMIC) variety.

i.e. what the modern "new democrats" USED TO BE!!!!!!!!!!!!! 35 fking yrs ago!!!!!!!!

I respect Conservatives BTW - as long as they are not braindead(Partisan hacks).

like to expand my knowledge and learn. yes conservatives offer value.

I love old school "RINOS"...................David Gergin (smart/kewl guy)...................Bush Sr and Eisenhower were the two best presidents we had this last century.

WRT to foreign "real world" - (vs "namby pamby nonsence) - Palieoconservatives got REALITY DOWN (too bad the Neocons - you know the whole PNAC coven that Bush JR (worst president EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.............until your hero Heir Trump took office), unlike "neocons" (israel firsters............without understanding of blowback in illegal invasion of Iraqnam).

what is Wolfowitz, Pearl, Feith, - losers all then and now..............................WTF are they now?

EchoesOfTheHorizon wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2017 6:32 am I did set up a forum with the full intention of being moderator off, but the forum software host started censoring words, and putting in ads, and I didn't have the money to stop it. I would personally only stop stuff in cases of pedophilia, fraud, spambot, or a clear and credibly physical threat of violence by someone realistically placed to do so (lived nearby). Probably will attempted it again someday, but only after I find a unlimited bandwidth forum/website host based in the US, unfortunately the only ones I've found hosting such sites are from Canada or England, who have backward regressive laws regarding free speech. One couldn't reasonably run a philosophy forum subject to the laws of known enemies to free speech, as such countries are unethical and run contrary to the mission of philosophy. US has laws restricting the reach of lawsuits from backwards countries like England or Australia from hurting or stopping the protections of Free Speech.

not sure what your point is.

but the "Bible-Discussion" forum was registered and the mods also were Brits.

that forum had the most liberal understanding of freedom of speech.

so there is that.

BTW

Britain, Canada, NZ, and Australia............all respect Freedom of Speech as much as we Americans do.

none of them are Monarchs (in the REAL WORLD they are all democracies).

BTW........of the above I see only the expansion of the Middle Class...................as for America I see the reverse.

I also see Trump as Hitler and all that support him as nazis and the death of both Liberty and the Middle Class if Trump and his brainstem cultist enablers get their way in destroying America.

2-cents.

thanks for relp ;-/.
surreptitious57

GreatandWiseTrixie wrote:
this forum is one of the least fascist forums they are open to free thought here
Seven more of your posts have been deleted since last time so try and avoid posting irrelevant or controversial opinion if you can
Having forty nine posts deleted in less than a week is putting pressure on the mods workload for there are only two of them here
EchoesOfTheHorizon

That matters little S57, even if they ban Trixie, the underlining phenomena of people posting with schitzophrenia and sexual issues, as well as being a general annoyance, will only increase over time. It isn't legitimate to base one person's sanity or ability to post respectably off of one nameless mod thinking to themselves in the shadows. Hardly a authority worth considering. What is the authority worth considering is philosophy itself. We don't ban or cover up people. Diogenes did far worst in his career than Trixie ever could, joining into wrestling games and masturbating, spiting into people's face before a debate. Both my religion (Christianity) and my philosophy (Stoicism) have been pointedly listed as deeply influenced by Cynic philosophy. Had some omnipotent asshole moderator existed capable of dragging the Nothoi out of stadium debates, or picking up Athenians and throwing them far, far away due to any given perspective of what philosophy should be, or perceived slight, philosophy today would be much reduced, retarded and less intelligent than it is even today.

Despite the vulgar motivations of the mods here (truely dispictable) a important insight I didn't fully possess arrived by the way of Plato's Rock in another thread.... it has had me thinking for a while. He noticed Trixie (also a Schitzophrenic, but also a heck of a lot of other things) was in a similar "phase" we can call it, as he once was, in adopting the personas of comic book characters.

I kinda noticed this in the past, as "Taz/Impenitant (not the Impenitant here apparently) is even a comic book artist, and even admitted to self castration once. I took him as a unique case, as I wasn't sufficiently aware of the mental patterns of the syndrome years ago on Nietzscheforum, only had a handful of cases, none as extreme as that "artist", and wrote the art off given his attachment to Nietzsche (for the record, I am Anti-Nietzschean, but never care about the ones merely obsessed with art, and use random quotes by him to make them feel intellectual and special, I'm more concerned with the psychopathic, genocidal variant).

Several since then, including I suppose you could say the Joker on philosophy forums we are all for the most part know (not Trixie) is attacked to this cartoonish stage of thinking. I don't believe Joker is a schitzophrenic, but he clearly has some irrational issues that may functionally overlap with the disorder. It is a comparison I'm holding for the future in case I have the misfortune of meeting more guys like the Joker, might offer a better insight to the divergency of this play.

A lot of people exhibit this drive to a imaginary persona, most often borrowed. We all had it in our youth, at a stage. I'm not certain if it forever sticks around, being a Freudian retention of a stage of development due to factors X or Y, or if it resurfaces later on. I really don't know.

What I do know is, if the moderators on several philosophy sites had their way, Trixie and others like him never would of posted, I never would of started countering the most obvious negative aspects of the thinking and peering deeper, and I never would of had Plato's Rock's important insight seeing the dynamics from a unique perspective. Perhaps this could of been arrived at years earlier.

My immediate guess to start digging is the direct path of the basal ganglia. I'm gonna have to track down some papers that touch on this, if any exist, and figure out what is going on.

Philosophy doesn't advance on the clarity of moderators, but the fierceness of it's combat, and eagerness to make sense of the chaos. When we went through eras of tranquility and agreement, very little in the way of new ideas emerged. It isn't a pleasant experience, nor will it much match up with the mere play of the academics making speeches or having safe debates, certain not to resolve any long standing topic. Progress comes from that nether region of the heart and mind, the unexpected, struggling to emerge. No one man or school can claim to understand it all, and the threat of etiquette and order against thinkers is a declaration of war against philosophy itself. It is the holy duty of each man who loved god and free thought to resist against such unwelcomed incursions. Trixie is most welcomed in any place claiming to be a place of philosophical thought. We have a lot to learn from him.

And to the other poster, clearly the commonwealth states aren't as committed to free speech as the US is, this is a undeniable fact, we had to go so far as to change our laws so as to heavily restrict scrondrels from these nations from pressing frivolous lawsuits against free speech in the US. We've made in recent years free speech protections, while they have declined, turning away from such concerns, preferring to go the way of Europe and China in suppressing freedom of expression. This is a recent Italian case, only survived by a thin as fuck technicality, something easy to work around.

http://www.breitbart.com/london/2017/12 ... ot-guilty/

They choose to regress in the face of philosophy, to turn away shamefully from the light of the enlightenment that once burned brightly in their civilization. We are witnessing the swan call of western civilization in Europe, as it increases ever brighter in other quarters. The are increasingly net importers not just of people to make up for all those who have died through abortions and liberal policies, but also of ideas, and they don't know which ones to accept and reject at this point. Take a higher degree of rationality and public discourse than they can tolerate.

A philosophy website should never be based in such places, it is inherently unethical, as it retards the freedom of speech, of political and self examination, and so closes avenues for survival. Increases the chances for political and biological harm, not to mention the long term risk of extinction. Look at censorship prone atheistic Sweden.... soon to be 30 Islam, from a population that strongly supported ISIS. Do you think the backwards, weak of thought Athiests in that country have a damn chance of surviving long term, short of conversion? They don't, they are a utterly fucked society. It would be greatly advised that philosophy shun establishing itself under the restrictions of such states, and seek out instead maximum freedom of thought. The light of England and it's former empire has dimmed, and I know of not one place on that distant continent safe from falling to the wrath of the suicidal liberal. You seek out the best, not the worst. That is the wisest course of action.