Author of Predestination Theory, Interested in Truth

Tell us a little about yourself.

Moderators: AMod, iMod

DRose

Author of Predestination Theory, Interested in Truth

Post by DRose »

:roll: Hello my name is Deirdre. I am a Christian and Author of Predestination Theory, a ~21-page article distributed on the Social Science Research Network (SSRN). I am new to philosophy and did not know where my work fit in until it was categorized under Philosophy of Language on the SSRN. I am here because I am trying to find others to speak to who have an interest in Philosophy of Language as it relates to search for truth, as that is what my work pertains to - the truth about mankind our origin and our destiny. I have done some research, made some observations and have come to a conclusion with certainty. I know for certain that our beliefs are irrelevant, they do not equate to truth. The truth is there is a God, He created man, and predestined us through language. My work - Predestination Theory provides an example.

In my next piece - The Lord's Cipher (TM) - I will introduce and discuss and demonstrate a secret messaging system which originates in the Bible, but extends to people, places and things throughout the Earth.

In the piece which shall follow the Lord's Cipher - Predestination Theory: The Black Swan, I plan to use Nassim Nicholas Taleb's black swan theory to prove that human beings are predestined through language. "The Black Swan Theory or theory of black swan events is a metaphor that describes an event that comes as a surprise, has a major effect, and is often inappropriately rationalized after the fact with the benefit of hindsight. The term is based on an ancient saying which presumed black swans did not exist, but the saying was rewritten after black swans were discovered in the wild." (Wikipedia).

My last piece will demonstrate the living Word. The four pieces collectively shall be entitled - Proof of God - A 4-Book Series. So I am here looking for philosophers of language to discuss my work and to flesh out my work, so that the final product is clear and delivers justice for Truth.

Deirdre
Harbal

Re: Author of Predestination Theory, Interested in Truth

Post by Harbal »

You sound like a very nice person, Dierdre, but there is an unwritten rule here that we never talk about God or religion. I just thought I'd warn you before you get yourself into any trouble.
In, fact, I will probably get into trouble myself for telling you this.
Immanuel Can

Post by Immanuel Can »

Harbal wrote: Wed Oct 11, 2017 9:05 pm You sound like a very nice person, Dierdre, but there is an unwritten rule here that we never talk about God or religion. I just thought I'd warn you before you get yourself into any trouble.
In, fact, I will probably get into trouble myself for telling you this.
Have we broken the unwritten rule?

Any chance Doug and Dinsdale Piranha will nail our heads to the coffee table?
Harbal

Post by Harbal »

Immanuel Can wrote: Thu Oct 12, 2017 5:59 pm
Have we broken the unwritten rule?
Well it's quite a new rule, it hasn't been unwritten very long.
Immanuel Can

Post by Immanuel Can »

Harbal wrote: Thu Oct 12, 2017 6:17 pm Well it's quite a new rule, it hasn't been unwritten very long.
Any chance we can unwrite it?
Harbal

Post by Harbal »

Immanuel Can wrote: Thu Oct 12, 2017 7:08 pm Any chance we can unwrite it?
I'm not sure what the consequences of unwriting an unwritten rule are, perhaps it's safer to leave it as it is.
Eodnhoj7

Post by Eodnhoj7 »

DRose wrote: Wed Oct 11, 2017 12:07 am :roll: Hello my name is Deirdre. I am a Christian and Author of Predestination Theory, a ~21-page article distributed on the Social Science Research Network (SSRN). I am new to philosophy and did not know where my work fit in until it was categorized under Philosophy of Language on the SSRN. I am here because I am trying to find others to speak to who have an interest in Philosophy of Language as it relates to search for truth, as that is what my work pertains to - the truth about mankind our origin and our destiny. I have done some research, made some observations and have come to a conclusion with certainty. I know for certain that our beliefs are irrelevant, they do not equate to truth. The truth is there is a God, He created man, and predestined us through language. My work - Predestination Theory provides an example.

In my next piece - The Lord's Cipher (TM) - I will introduce and discuss and demonstrate a secret messaging system which originates in the Bible, but extends to people, places and things throughout the Earth.

In the piece which shall follow the Lord's Cipher - Predestination Theory: The Black Swan, I plan to use Nassim Nicholas Taleb's black swan theory to prove that human beings are predestined through language. "The Black Swan Theory or theory of black swan events is a metaphor that describes an event that comes as a surprise, has a major effect, and is often inappropriately rationalized after the fact with the benefit of hindsight. The term is based on an ancient saying which presumed black swans did not exist, but the saying was rewritten after black swans were discovered in the wild." (Wikipedia).

My last piece will demonstrate the living Word. The four pieces collectively shall be entitled - Proof of God - A 4-Book Series. So I am here looking for philosophers of language to discuss my work and to flesh out my work, so that the final product is clear and delivers justice for Truth.

Deirdre

Welcome, I had a philosophy course with a girl named Deirdre years ago. You should find alot of "arguments" here... considering all philosophy is rooted in the nature of the debate (Wittgenstein correctly observed a philosopher whose does not debate is like a fight who always trains but never fights) you should find "some" help here also.

We have a thread in the Language section about the nature of language: viewtopic.php?f=21&t=22579 I argue, that language in itself is a form of "qualitative" or "intuitive" trigonometry. I hope you find what you are looking for...good luck.
Hobbes' Choice

Post by Hobbes' Choice »

God help us all when Christians think they are capable of participation in matters of social science.
Immanuel Can

Post by Immanuel Can »

DRose wrote: Wed Oct 11, 2017 12:07 am :roll: Hello my name is Deirdre. I am a Christian and Author of Predestination Theory...
Deirdre
Then you'll find this very important to your research.

http://nebula.wsimg.com/823e8bb61e3b222 ... oworigin=1