Happy to Be Here

Tell us a little about yourself.

Moderators: AMod, iMod

RogerFarinha

Happy to Be Here

Post by RogerFarinha »

Hi All:

My name is Roger Farinha, and I am here to engage with fellow thinkers per my life project at www.newamericanspring.org. I seek feedback, I welcome questions, and I would greatly appreciate advise.

I hold a Bachelors in the History of Modern Philosophy from Brooklyn College, a Masters of Liberal Studies from Fordham University, and a Masters Certificate in Non-profit Leadership from Park University. From 2005-2011, I conducted an adventure writing project where I traveled across the United States as a big-rig trucker, engaging with my fellow Americans in Socratic-style dialogue (although not as philosophically rigorous, considering the intellectual capacities of the averaged, untrained American Joe and Jane). This book writing experience resulted in "The Socratic Trucker," a semi-autobiographical work which can be found at my Indie book site at www.amazon.com/author/roger-farinha. Finally, this period of my life served as a spiritual and intellectual incubation for my subsequent and present life mission to found an American social and political revival at the New American Spring website mentioned above.

I hope I will discover a family of friends and intellectual colleagues at this site, who will constructively engage me to our mutual betterment...

Thank You
Harbal

Re: Happy to Be Here

Post by Harbal »

RogerFarinha wrote: Thu Jun 29, 2017 6:59 pm considering the intellectual capacities of the averaged, untrained American
What's an "averaged American"?
RogerFarinha

Post by RogerFarinha »

By "averaged American" I only refer (in this context only) to someone who is not educated at a Bachelors or higher in philosophy specifically, whom I qualified as "untrained." No condescension intended...
Bill Wiltrack

Post by Bill Wiltrack »

To the original poster, I commend you upon all of your professional writings thus far & I truly appreciate you choosing the PhilosophyNow Forums as a resting place for some of your views.

Philosophically speaking, I LOVE your embracing of all viewpoints and opinions. I believe just in thinking that way shows a great amount of maturity and want for ultimate, complete understanding on your part.

That type of want for all opinions and complete understanding is very noble but may be strangely confined to an inner-type of epiphany or state of being.

Attempting to embrace all things; all views, may be better suited to a function of your personal consciousness. I LOVE that attitude but I'm not sure that can be a figment of this outer world. At least I don't think you can form a group that has any type of assemblance of direction, and in the same vein, there is immediately a dichotomy of an us/them; People who consider themselves part of the group & all those others who are not.

The group that you are forming may be more reflective of what you are personally approaching.

The group that you are forming may be better left unformed? May be better reflective as just the complete embodiment of existence in the real world.

We live in a muti-dimensional continuum. If white exists then so must it's opposite - black...and ALL shades of grey in-between.

Be here now.