Hello, I'm a theist and atheist at the same time

Tell us a little about yourself.

Moderators: AMod, iMod

oranssi

Hello, I'm a theist and atheist at the same time

Post by oranssi »

Yes, that is how I define myself. I'm both at the same time, therefore I could as well be none.

I don't believe in believe. That being said, I believe that we are all transparent to Nature which we humans make part of. All things known and unknown are plenty as they are, so much so that everyone is biased to conserve their own identity that is the manifestation of that which is stranger than we can suppose.

But one thing I know for sure!
I am an animal, I have the same necessities as other beings and there is the unfathomable mystery.

And at this constant contradition lies the conservation of infinity.

Besides that all is poetry, and I like poetry because knowledge without emotion (hence biased) is sterile and has no use.
Walker

Re: Hello, I'm a theist and atheist at the same time

Post by Walker »

Maybe so, but if you also think you’re progressive and sane, think again. Today some nut echoing progressive, anti-Republican political hysteria lost the boundary between thought and physical action.
haribol acharya

Post by haribol acharya »

Maybe you are agnostic, unsure whether there is a deity or no deity. Yes many are unsure about theism and atheism since there is no proof about it
Dalek Prime

Post by Dalek Prime »

Why not believe and then ignore it anyways? Works for me.

Why people feel they have to do something other than carry on with their lives after accepting some deity is beyond me. You can love your God, hate your God, fear your God, or just ignore him. What you do with it is up to you. I'm not going to worship anything because I'm afraid to make a misstep the deity doesn't like. Or go worship it every week. I'm busy sleeping on the weekend, damn it.
surreptitious57

Post by surreptitious57 »

You cannot hold two mutually incompatible positions at the same time because it violates the Law Of Non
Contradiction which is the foundation of all logic though how you choose to describe yourself is up to you
Dalek Prime

Post by Dalek Prime »

I think being an atheist and ranting about imaginary friends takes more effort than accepting an imaginary friend as real, and ignoring it. I take the path of least resistance.
Hobbes' Choice

Post by Hobbes' Choice »

oranssi wrote: Wed Jun 14, 2017 7:48 pm Yes, that is how I define myself. I'm both at the same time, therefore I could as well be none.

I don't believe in believe. That being said, I believe that we are all transparent to Nature which we humans make part of. All things known and unknown are plenty as they are, so much so that everyone is biased to conserve their own identity that is the manifestation of that which is stranger than we can suppose.

But one thing I know for sure!
I am an animal, I have the same necessities as other beings and there is the unfathomable mystery.

And at this constant contradition lies the conservation of infinity.

Besides that all is poetry, and I like poetry because knowledge without emotion (hence biased) is sterile and has no use.

I'm a theist and atheist at the same time

No you are not.