Prospective PhD Student

Tell us a little about yourself.

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Walker

Re: Prospective PhD Student

Post by Walker »

Belinda wrote:it's not often that I endorse The Doc. Walker's post with its insane optimism about climate change makes me feel fearful.
Anthropogenic global warming is a scam.

Government’s wasteful spending includes $385G duck penis study

• $10 million for National Guard advertising tie-ins with the “Soldier of Steel” movie, despite budget cuts reducing the Guard’s strength by 8,000 soldiers.
• $7 billion for the Pentagon to destroy vehicles and other military equipment used in wars in the Middle East rather than sell or ship the items home.
• $17.5 million for special tax exemptions for Nevada brothels, including tax deductions for groceries, wages for prostitutes, rent and utilities.
• Nearly $1 million since 2010 for the National Endowment of Humanities “Popular Romance Project,” which studies romance novels, films, comics and Internet fan fiction.
• $630,000 spent by the State Department to buy followers on its Facebook and Twitter accounts.
• $325,525 for a National Institutes of Health study that found wives would be happier if they could calm down faster during arguments with their husbands.
• $150,000 to support the Puppets Take Long Island festival in Sag Harbor.

http://nypost.com/2013/12/17/duck-penis ... uestioned/
Walker

Post by Walker »

thedoc wrote:
Walker wrote: That sounds like one those multi-million dollar, frivolous, tax-funded research projects that keeps the voting block of academia monolithically Democrat.

Don’t need no study to know that people pay more attention to what’s important in their lives, thus memories of the trivial don’t tend to stick in memory.
I spend some time driving a car so knowing what a Yield sign looks like is important to me. I don't work for the government and never have, but it sounds like you have a burr up your butt about government research. Perhaps you should research what everyday items that everyone uses, has come out of this frivolous research that the government is wasting money on.

It sounds like you believe that we should stop all research and forget about advancing knowledge and science, just give you some money that you haven't earned so that you can live on easy street.
Obviously, people read the signs.
Illiterates may find significance in the color.
And since you want to make it personal rather than philosophical with the pronouns, doc, sounds like you're thinking butt, so sniff up your own.
thedoc

Post by thedoc »

Walker wrote: Illiterates may find significance in the color.
Which is probably why the color was changed to red, since they are both stop signs.