Hello from David

Tell us a little about yourself.

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Darkstar

Hello from David

Post by Darkstar »

Hi
I am a student at the Open University studying for a BA(Hons) Arts & Humanities. I am interested in the relationship between physics, metaphysics and esoteric (rejected) knowledge. Separately I am studying epistemology, knowledge, hermeneutics, causation and human evolution of the mind.
Your magazine looks ideal for my studies.
kind regards
David
haribol acharya

Re: Hello from David

Post by haribol acharya »

Welcome David! It is interesting to see you on this wonderful forum. I am also new here. The topics you are referring to sound interesting. In fact most of us are torn between physics and metaphysics. Metaphysics has come first in our lives and physics has come much later. Most of us end up in the grave before understanding physics. Metaphysics is discussed in every walk of life and no matter whether we are learned or unlearned, professors or peasants the topic of metaphysics always gets a precedence. We can be skeptical about it but we cannot ignore metaphysics. For science is for the known or mostly for knowable but metaphysics for unknown or unknowable.
TSBU

Post by TSBU »

Here, take it, you are going to need it.
Dalek Prime

Post by Dalek Prime »

Darkstar wrote:Hi
I am a student at the Open University studying for a BA(Hons) Arts & Humanities. I am interested in the relationship between physics, metaphysics and esoteric (rejected) knowledge. Separately I am studying epistemology, knowledge, hermeneutics, causation and human evolution of the mind.
Your magazine looks ideal for my studies.
kind regards
David
You mean 'evolution of the human "brain"'. A mind is one consciousness, and is a complete point in the progression. To find the point where we developed a higher selfawareness will be impossible, as the higher consciousness understandably predates history, and thus records.
Dalek Prime

Post by Dalek Prime »

haribol acharya wrote:Welcome David! It is interesting to see you on this wonderful forum. I am also new here. The topics you are referring to sound interesting. In fact most of us are torn between physics and metaphysics. Metaphysics has come first in our lives and physics has come much later. Most of us end up in the grave before understanding physics. Metaphysics is discussed in every walk of life and no matter whether we are learned or unlearned, professors or peasants the topic of metaphysics always gets a precedence. We can be skeptical about it but we cannot ignore metaphysics. For science is for the known or mostly for knowable but metaphysics for unknown or unknowable.
Fuck physics. It tells me nothing of the consciousness arising from the brain muck, and no one would be discussing or even caring about these topics if the consciousness didn't take priority.

I was thinking to myself just the other day how to explain this in simpler terms, and here's my first shot at an existential microcosm:

So, someone makes a film. We don't know who or what, but there's this film. And it's never been seen before. So, is the film great? Or is it worthless without the viewer? Personally, I couldn't give a shit about the film unless I see it, and then I'll make a decision on it. But until then, I won't give a crap. I feel the same about the universe; no viewer (me), the universe (ie. film) is worthless. (Not solipsism, btw. I accept external reality.) But worth itself is a mental concept. No mind, no worth.
RogerFarinha

Post by RogerFarinha »

Welcome. Why are you studying your subjects? To enhance your personal horizons or for professional purposes or both?

Roger