Tell us a little about yourself.

Moderators: AMod, iMod

vegetariantaxidermy

Re: New here.

Post by vegetariantaxidermy »

thedoc wrote:
vegetariantaxidermy wrote:
thedoc wrote:
You don't know that, She could be a woman in a mans body who just decided to become physically who she really is inside.
Then why the reaction to Lacewing, who was being supportive?
Yes she seemed to be supportive, but then she took your side and you were anything but supportive, you were questioning his motives and then started attacking him. Lacewing's support could have been in jest, and when she took your side, it seemed to conform that she was jesting and making fun of his comments. Her initial support could have been in jest, and when she supported you, her support for Dalek didn't seem sincere.
Why shouldn't she agree with me if something I said made sense? Dalek didn't exactly counter anything I said, he just got abusive and insulting. But I suppose that's ok.
vegetariantaxidermy

thedoc wrote:
thedoc wrote:
Perhaps, but VT has a track record of being hostile and abusive, so when you both stated your mutual admiration for each other, that just put you in her camp, and earned any criticism that would be directed against her to yourself as well.
Is that right? I thought that was you. And if Dalek is enamoured of you then that says it all.
If Dalek is enamored of me, then it is because I took his posts at face value, and didn't attack him for some imagined position, that was not clearly stated, in fact was not even part of his posts. You, on the other hand, have repeatedly attack members for something that was not in their posts, but that you imagined they meant to say, but didn't, for some equally unrealistic reason.
No doubt you don't have any evidence for your assertions (as usual).
Greta

Post by Greta »

A visual representation of the posting approach in this thread ...

thedoc

Post by thedoc »

Lacewing wrote:
thedoc wrote:
Lacewing wrote: I think Dalek needs to take some responsibility for overreacting and misunderstanding... because I NEVER was against his statement or decision... and I made repeated efforts to assure him of that, which he totally dismissed.
Perhaps, but VT has a track record of being hostile and abusive, so when you both stated your mutual admiration for each other, that just put you in her camp, and earned any criticism that would be directed against her to yourself as well.
I see. So my crime was showing any appreciation at all for VT. And that somehow justified all sorts of false accusations to be levied against me... and for anything I said to be dismissed as a lie. And you support this. You are willing to be that shallow and reactive?
It seems that on a forum, you are either on one side or the other, it is very difficult, if not impossible, to take a stance in the middle. I have tried and ended up being attacked from both sides. I often get pushed to one side whether I want to or not, but this time it was clear, I wasn't welcome on VT's side, but I was welcomed by the others. So I went with the like minded people on the forum, and was attacked by the other side. "To have a friend, you must be a friend". By taking VT's stance, you have justified any accusation leveled against you.
Lacewing

Post by Lacewing »

thedoc wrote:By taking VT's stance, you have justified any accusation leveled against you.
I did NOT take VT's stance. When are you going to stop making up shit?
thedoc

Post by thedoc »

Lacewing wrote:
thedoc wrote:By taking VT's stance, you have justified any accusation leveled against you.
Then what did you mean by this?

Postby vegetariantaxidermy » Fri Dec 16, 2016 9:35 pm

Lacewing wrote:
Lacewing wrote:
I don't know, let's ask all of the people who do it here, what the purpose is!

Love how your mind works. :)

I've come to love yours too! :lol:

You know what they say about great minds recognising each other. :D
vegetariantaxidermy

thedoc wrote:
Lacewing wrote:

Postby vegetariantaxidermy » Fri Dec 16, 2016 9:35 pm

Lacewing wrote:
Lacewing wrote:
I don't know, let's ask all of the people who do it here, what the purpose is!

Love how your mind works. :)

I've come to love yours too! :lol:

You know what they say about great minds recognising each other. :D
So what? Does that mean that we agree with everything each other says? I do like how she thinks. She's an intelligent person. I often agreed with Dalek too. I sometimes even agree with you. I'm not like you. I don't feel the need to be a member of a 'clique', that stands together no matter what. I stand alone.
Last edited by vegetariantaxidermy on Sat Dec 17, 2016 7:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
Greta

Post by Greta »

After all this Interjectivist will surely be most eager to continue participating at the forum.

Thrills! Spills! Violence! Excitement! Religion! Politics! Intrigue! - it's all here! Pretty well everything but philosophy :lol:
Lacewing

Post by Lacewing »

thedoc wrote:
Lacewing wrote:
LW: I don't know, let's ask all of the people who do it here, what the purpose is!
VT: Love how your mind works. :)
LW: I've come to love yours too! :lol:
VT: You know what they say about great minds recognising each other. :D
As I explained several posts ago to you, this exchange was in response to VT not being sure if Dalek was being sincere or joking (a normal response), so Dalek said to VT, "I have many other things I could be doing than telling random falsehoods on an anonymous forum. What purpose would that serve?" I chimed in and said, "I don't know, let's ask all of the people who do it here, what the purpose is!" It was a joke about all the people who tell random falsehoods on this anonymous forum!!! A JOKE... get it??? VT liked it. And I responded that I like some of her humor. SO WHAT???

The point is, doc, that even if there was ANY reason for confusion about this little innocent exchange, it should have been cleared up by the follow-up reassurances. But it was refused in psycho fashion... and even now, you continue blowing it out of proportion so that you can claim that I deserve being wrongly accused and attacked over and over. Seriously, what is wrong with you?
Lacewing

Post by Lacewing »

Greta wrote:After all this Interjectivist will surely be most eager to continue participating at the forum.

Thrills! Spills! Violence! Excitement! Religion! Politics! Intrigue! - it's all here! Pretty well everything but philosophy :lol:
:lol: :lol:

I know... it's quite the entertaining soap opera! What will Dalek reveal next? Are VT and Lacewing secret friends? Will Doc foolishly take sides? Coming to a computer screen near you!!!
vegetariantaxidermy

Well, if dalek identifies with IC than I couldnt' give a flying fuck what he thinks about anything.
Lacewing

Post by Lacewing »

vegetariantaxidermy wrote:...flying fuck...
That sounds like fun!
Greta

Post by Greta »

Lacewing wrote:
Greta wrote:After all this Interjectivist will surely be most eager to continue participating at the forum.

I know... it's quite the entertaining soap opera! What will Dalek reveal next? Are VT and Lacewing secret friends? Will Doc foolishly take sides? Coming to a computer screen near you!!!
Like Veggie, I am not loyal on these forums, and I side with doc on this one - you really should cut Dalek some slack.

It should not be up to someone in such an extreme situation to be "the big one" and back off. She told you two something HUGE and, understandably, neither of you really knew what to do with the situation. It's weirdly difficult to recontextualise someone you know (cyberly). I'm still trying to make the mental adjustment too.

Anyway, you and Veg digressed into banter - again, understandably. However, I can also understand how the new Ms Prime might feel you were being dismissive of what is a massively momentous and personal thing she had just shared with you - and lashed out. Note that this changeover wouldn't be a recent idea but the result of many years of internal stress.

In others words, stress and misunderstandings were heaped on a general insecurity to create this dog's breakfast of an interaction. Stuff happens.
vegetariantaxidermy

Greta wrote:
Lacewing wrote:

Like Veggie, I am not loyal on these forums, and I side with doc on this one - you really should cut Dalek some slack.

It should not be up to someone in such an extreme situation to be "the big one" and back off. She told you two something HUGE and, understandably, neither of you really knew what to do with the situation. It's weirdly difficult to recontextualise someone you know (cyberly). I'm still trying to make the mental adjustment too.

Anyway, you and Veg digressed into banter - again, understandably. However, I can also understand how the new Ms Prime might feel you were being dismissive of what is a massively momentous and personal thing she had just shared with you - and lashed out. Note that this changeover wouldn't be a recent idea but the result of many years of internal stress.

In others words, stress and misunderstandings were heaped on a general insecurity to create this dog's breakfast of an interaction. Stuff happens.
I just looked back and no one has done anything to him. Dalek always was a hyper-sensitive poster. Always taking offence where none was intended. I don't see that there is any 'slack' to 'give'.
Greta

Post by Greta »

vegetariantaxidermy wrote:I just looked back and no one has done anything to him. Dalek always was a hyper-sensitive poster. Always taking offence where none was intended. I don't see that there is any 'slack' to 'give'.
As I said, it looked like a general misunderstanding to me. Maybe we are now seeing some of the stresses that brought on that sensitivity in the first place?