New philosopher here, Ask me anything.

Tell us a little about yourself.

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Harbal

Re: New philosopher here, Ask me anything.

Post by Harbal »

HexHammer wrote: Harbal can't help being a troll,
That's offensive, HexHammer, I've got a good mind to report you for that.
thephilosopher wrote: I feel like an idiot because I didn't say anything when I needed to. Waiting was definitely idiotic.
Do you think you would have been able to talk her out of being beaten up?
Hobbes' Choice

Post by Hobbes' Choice »

thephilosopher wrote:
Hobbes' Choice wrote:Is the set of everything in the set of itself?
Thanks for this question. There is more than one everything. There is the every thing and everything as every thing and every process. Every member of a set may be considered a subset, however, if a member of a set contains as a subset other identical members, it is redundant and unnecessary. So, the set of everything can be in the set of ifself if it is written that way. I wouldn't write the set that way.

But all that said, we know nothing until we know everything.
There is more than one everything.
NO.
There obviously is not as it would not be everything.
Hobbes' Choice

Post by Hobbes' Choice »

thephilosopher wrote:
Hobbes' Choice wrote:
thephilosopher wrote: 1. I envision myself as a top player and want an easy way to distribute my work for the benefit of people in general rather than people in specific.
This arrogance is going to go very badly for you here.
People are usually top players at their favorite games. That game is fun for me to play. I'll play it a lot. So, why would it be a bad thing to be a top player? .
Because you only think you are a top player.
TSBU

Post by TSBU »

thephilosopher wrote:Thanks for pointing out that post. Black & White is the only game I can remember where you can be God, I didn't know there were others. What is your favorite genre?

While I'm playing computer games, I want to be doing something useful... I want people to learn philosophy. So, I'm designing a game around that. Its one of the game threads. Each thread starts with a motive. You cannot question a motive except to the degree you can literally read one's mind, or alternatively to the degree they state their motive.
Uf, there are hundreds of them, some of them better, and more complex. I really don't like that kind of games. But there is one... I don't remember the title, but it was programed to look for your name in your computer and saying it with a low voice in some parts of the game, fun history XD. I usually like long games where you have to take choices, with good argument etc. Many genres, but usually rol and strategy games, nut I like every genre I guess.
I don't understand what are you saying, probably cause I don't talk English very well.
Lacewing

Post by Lacewing »

How many fingers am I holding up?
thephilosopher

Post by thephilosopher »

*double post* oops
Last edited by thephilosopher on Sun Nov 13, 2016 8:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
thephilosopher

Post by thephilosopher »

Hobbes' Choice wrote:
thephilosopher wrote:
Hobbes' Choice wrote:
This arrogance is going to go very badly for you here.
People are usually top players at their favorite games. That game is fun for me to play. I'll play it a lot. So, why would it be a bad thing to be a top player? .
Isn't that overconfidence instead of arrogance? Or delusional instead of arrogant? I would say arrogance means I would belittle the other players, but they are all valuable, and I'm happy they are there. Are games also delusions by definition?
thephilosopher

Post by thephilosopher »

TSBU wrote:
thephilosopher wrote:Thanks for pointing out that post. Black & White is the only game I can remember where you can be God, I didn't know there were others. What is your favorite genre?

While I'm playing computer games, I want to be doing something useful... I want people to learn philosophy. So, I'm designing a game around that. Its one of the game threads. Each thread starts with a motive. You cannot question a motive except to the degree you can literally read one's mind, or alternatively to the degree they state their motive.
Uf, there are hundreds of them, some of them better, and more complex. I really don't like that kind of games. But there is one... I don't remember the title, but it was programed to look for your name in your computer and saying it with a low voice in some parts of the game, fun history XD. I usually like long games where you have to take choices, with good argument etc. Many genres, but usually rol and strategy games, nut I like every genre I guess.
I don't understand what are you saying, probably cause I don't talk English very well.
Wow, that is a wild game that presses the limit of legality. I guess that genre of game would be a thriller. I suppose it would be also considered an augmented reality game. Certainly it is a mind game. The was a movie called "The Game" that I do like. I'll have to watch that one again because it has been a very long time since I watched it.
Philosophy Explorer

Post by Philosophy Explorer »

Lacewing wrote:How many fingers am I holding up?
Six :lol:

PhilX
Hobbes' Choice

Post by Hobbes' Choice »

thephilosopher wrote:
Hobbes' Choice wrote:
thephilosopher wrote:People are usually top players at their favorite games. That game is fun for me to play. I'll play it a lot. So, why would it be a bad thing to be a top player? .
Isn't that overconfidence instead of arrogance? Or delusional instead of arrogant? I would say arrogance means I would belittle the other players, but they are all valuable, and I'm happy they are there. Are games also delusions by definition?

If you prefer me to call you delusional then so be it.
Impenitent

Post by Impenitent »

top player...

dreidel dreidel dreidel...

-Imp
thephilosopher

Post by thephilosopher »

Wow, tough one! I'll say the answer is zero?
thephilosopher

Post by thephilosopher »

Impenitent wrote:top player...

dreidel dreidel dreidel...

-Imp
I love your reply! What is your favorite genre of game?
thephilosopher

Post by thephilosopher »

Hobbes' Choice wrote:
thephilosopher wrote:
Hobbes' Choice wrote:

If you prefer me to call you delusional then so be it.
I prefer you'd call me whoever you believe I am. But that avoids the question: are games delusions by definition?
Lacewing

Post by Lacewing »

thephilosopher wrote:
Wow, tough one! I'll say the answer is zero?
Are we going with what I saw in my mind or what I did physically?