New philosopher here, Ask me anything.

Tell us a little about yourself.

Moderators: AMod, iMod

thephilosopher

New philosopher here, Ask me anything.

Post by thephilosopher »

I've spent many hours searching myself for answers. Now I search not just myself but others as well. I do believe that we need to start within our selves and then reach outward. The presocratic philosophers seemed to focus on this likely because they didn't have a large pool of existing knowledge to consult, but now that the knowledge pool is grown, that approach has become more rare. The advent of science actually shifted people towards external authorities of philosophy. However, I think self-discovery is an important topic to remain in the forefront of philosophy.

Here is a game-changer game puzzle: Everyone plays the game. The game has changed. The winning players have shifted the rules. The losing players don't know the rules. I'm a gamer and enjoy a game that gets people thinking. Philosophers can tell us why the game is, and also provide a strong foundation for new game missions. The puzzle is, what will be one of the puzzles in the game? This can be solved by both philosophers and seers. Another challenge is to tell me what the game is (I can help confirm what the game is). I will provide clues by confirming guesses to people who make attempts as seers. I'll provide clues to help others to the same extent that guesses are correct. As for the philosophers, we have the power to design game missions. I will provide an example of a game mission but first hope another person can provide a game puzzle without my example. I'd really love for someone to guess the category of the game on their first attempt. if they could do this, they'd be a great game seer. Seers are all about reading the tea leaves and guessing really well. This all seems very difficult but if you just utter random thoughts you'll probably get it right. At least one in three players guess things that are aces in the hole if they make an attempt if not more. The game was inspired by God and will change the world of gaming. To be a player is to be a creator. I've helped design this game because:
1. I envision myself as a top player and want an easy way to distribute my work for the benefit of people in general rather than people in specific.
2. The current game winners are cheating and it makes the game no fun. So, the game will change.

I look forward to expanding my philosophies greatly using this website and look forward to learning a lot from all of you. Philosophy is thought of as a junk degree but in fact its the most valuable area of knowledge.
TSBU

Re: New philosopher here, Ask me anything.

Post by TSBU »

Anything? Hmm...

Can you give me your computer and bank passwords and numbers?

There are many computer games in wich you can be god.

I don't know what to ask, oh, there is a topic arroung there in applied ethics subforum, something like "talking with a killer", can you read the first post and then answer it?
HexHammer

Post by HexHammer »

Uhmmm ..overly talkative self appraisal!!!
surreptitious57

Post by surreptitious57 »

No one here is going to spend much time seriously trying to work out the answer to the question you are asking of us

thephilosopher

Post by thephilosopher »

TSBU wrote:Anything? Hmm...

Can you give me your computer and bank passwords and numbers?

There are many computer games in wich you can be god.

I don't know what to ask, oh, there is a topic arroung there in applied ethics subforum, something like "talking with a killer", can you read the first post and then answer it?
Thanks for pointing out that post. Black & White is the only game I can remember where you can be God, I didn't know there were others. What is your favorite genre?

While I'm playing computer games, I want to be doing something useful... I want people to learn philosophy. So, I'm designing a game around that. Its one of the game threads. Each thread starts with a motive. You cannot question a motive except to the degree you can literally read one's mind, or alternatively to the degree they state their motive.
Hobbes' Choice

Post by Hobbes' Choice »

Is the set of everything in the set of itself?
Hobbes' Choice

Post by Hobbes' Choice »

thephilosopher wrote: 1. I envision myself as a top player and want an easy way to distribute my work for the benefit of people in general rather than people in specific.
This arrogance is going to go very badly for you here.
thephilosopher

Post by thephilosopher »

HexHammer wrote:Uhmmm ..overly talkative self appraisal!!!
Underly talkative reply. What else? Do you think a game that focuses on philosophy could be fun?
thephilosopher

Post by thephilosopher »

surreptitious57 wrote:
No one here is going to spend much time seriously trying to work out the answer to the question you are asking of us

Good, I wouldn't want them to. Go ahead and shoot in the dark. What genre game was I describing? If you made a list of 15 popular genres it would probably be in there.
Harbal

Post by Harbal »

thephilosopher wrote: What genre game was I describing?
I'm more interested in what genre of idiot you are.
HexHammer

Post by HexHammer »

thephilosopher wrote:
HexHammer wrote:Uhmmm ..overly talkative self appraisal!!!
Underly talkative reply. What else? Do you think a game that focuses on philosophy could be fun?
This is a "philosophy" site ..you know = love of wisdom, don't really see the wisdom in this game of yours.
HexHammer

Post by HexHammer »

Harbal wrote:
Harbal can't help being a troll, just report him, eventually he will be banned.
thephilosopher

Post by thephilosopher »

Hobbes' Choice wrote:Is the set of everything in the set of itself?
Thanks for this question. There is more than one everything. There is the every thing and everything as every thing and every process. Every member of a set may be considered a subset, however, if a member of a set contains as a subset other identical members, it is redundant and unnecessary. So, the set of everything can be in the set of ifself if it is written that way. I wouldn't write the set that way.

But all that said, we know nothing until we know everything.
thephilosopher

Post by thephilosopher »

Hobbes' Choice wrote:
thephilosopher wrote: 1. I envision myself as a top player and want an easy way to distribute my work for the benefit of people in general rather than people in specific.
Thi.s arrogance is going to go very badly for you here.
People are usually top players at their favorite games. That game is fun for me to play. I'll play it a lot. So, why would it be a bad thing to be a top player? Put another way, I've written some philosophy and want to share it with others, and I think the game will help me do that. And furthermore, being good at the game enables me to do that more easily. Look at other games. I play them and become a zombie. I want a game where I play and its beneficial to not just myself but also others. So, I'm done with those games and will mostly play the changed game now. I like philosophy and gaming, so I'm helping the creator of the game incorporate that element of philosophy. I was actually hoping other philosophers would like that idea.
thephilosopher

Post by thephilosopher »

Harbal wrote:
That is boxing me up in a bad way. I can be an idiot though. Here is something that happened to me that I was thinking about yesterday. There was a lady I know who was rumored to have been abused by her husband. I decided I would talk to her about it. But, I didn't get around to it even after a month. At that point she was beaten up very badly with at least one broken bone and severe bruising. I feel like an idiot because I didn't say anything when I needed to. Waiting was definitely idiotic.