Hi

Tell us a little about yourself.

Moderators: AMod, iMod

TSBU

Hi

Post by TSBU »

This is the final forum I try.

I'm from Spain. Spanish philosophy forums is the name for Spanish people on drugs forums, so I tried english forums. My English is bad though.
Well, some forums are dying, other forums have a very bad moderation... in the end, I don't like them, or they don'tlike me. I'm tired of trying new sites and introduce myself, this is the last chance XD. You'd know me seeing my posts if you want.

Have a nice day.
Dalek Prime

Re: Hi

Post by Dalek Prime »

Yeah. Bad choice for a last ditch attempt at enjoying a forum.
thedoc

Post by thedoc »

TSBU wrote:This is the final forum I try.

I'm from Spain. Spanish philosophy forums is the name for Spanish people on drugs forums, so I tried english forums. My English is bad though.
Well, some forums are dying, other forums have a very bad moderation... in the end, I don't like them, or they don'tlike me. I'm tired of trying new sites and introduce myself, this is the last chance XD. You'd know me seeing my posts if you want.

Have a nice day.
Sounds like you have very high expectations, and low results. Perhaps you should lower your expectations, that way you won't be so disappointed when a forum doesn't measure up to your expectations
vegetariantaxidermy

Post by vegetariantaxidermy »

There are some thoughtful and intelligent posters on here like Greta, Lacewing, Spheres of Balance and Arising UK (hit and miss), and Hobbes Choice scrubs up quite nicely sometimes. Then there are the resident loons like Bill and Bob. Harbal is the resident clown (in a nice way).
TSBU

Post by TSBU »

I've tried philosophyforums, thePhilosophyforum, onlinephilosophyforums, and now, philosophynow.

The first one is dying, no admin, no moderators, plenty of bugs, but I like it because it was great when it was alive, and his death body is good for some posts (no moderation allows more freedom), and some people are still arround there.

The second one, I was banned, because of my English... at least that was the excuse. I didn't like the structure, or the topics there, but it has a lot of activity.

About the third one, I like the structure, but I have some problems with moderation there, it is very slow to approve posts and users when you are new, and it has low activity (I had to wait nearly one month to see one of my post approved), ... I think Greta is an admin there.

Well, all of them are better than Spanish forums anyway...

And now this, looks like there are some "not completely crap" posts, it has activity (you guys are even saying hello to me!), and moderation seems the way I like it , everybody can do what they want, unless they are evident trolls.

I don't dream anymore with a forum with the people I want but this looks like a good place to search for some kind of people ^^ ey, but, if you know a better place, please tell me, I'm afraid I'll keep my high expectations till I'm death.
Bill Wiltrack

Post by Bill Wiltrack »

Welcome to the English people on drugs forum!

GREAT first post title.

Exactly how Hi are you?

Lacewing

Post by Lacewing »

Bill Wiltrack wrote:Welcome to the English people on drugs forum!
Hey Bill, whatever new drug/dosage you're taking lately is really an improvement. Your last few posts (including the ones where you taunted Bob) have been rather "plugged in"... as compared to your usual unplugged, manic and delusional state. So I just wanted to acknowledge that. :D
TSBU

Post by TSBU »

By the way... can anyone explain why is this guy still arround here? why isn't he banned?
Bill Wiltrack

Post by Bill Wiltrack »

Wait -what?

Sooooo, let me get this straight...You just joined the PhilosophyNow Forums & you are wondering why I am still here?

Sound like a lurker that has been on this forum prancing around as another member.

Ahhh, the beauty of not posting under your legal, god given name. It just keeps giving!

What a waste...

Just to remind everyone...not that it actually matters here but philosophy is the love of wisdom, the search for truth.

What a joke. People?

Sad.

Oh, & BTW, yeah, I keep experimenting. Might have found a good one. Thanks for noticing.

Lacewing

Post by Lacewing »

Bill Wiltrack wrote:yeah, I keep experimenting. Might have found a good one. Thanks for noticing.
Excellent! :D
Beauty

Post by Beauty »

Welcome and just take the forums lightly, let not them be hard on you. It's not like you are getting paid for the labour you put out there. So just enjoy posting and reading.