Greetings from Cyprus

Tell us a little about yourself.

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Andrew V

Greetings from Cyprus

Post by Andrew V »

Hey All,

I'm a Londoner actually and already I feel more at home here with the thinkers!

Before I yap on I'd like to take the opportunity to ask you something. Several days ago I sent Admin an email asking if I could present a philosophical article I've written to the community here, strictly for some philosophical feedback. No reply yet so I thought I'd ask, are there any mods about who might be able to help me with this? If I get a green light you can get to know me a whole lot easier.

I'll check back for any replies daily and I hope to get more involved here shortly.

Cheers,
Andrew
Dalek Prime

Re: Greetings from Cyprus

Post by Dalek Prime »

Andrew V wrote:Hey All,

I'm a Londoner actually and already I feel more at home here with the thinkers!

Before I yap on I'd like to take the opportunity to ask you something. Several days ago I sent Admin an email asking if I could present a philosophical article I've written to the community here, strictly for some philosophical feedback. No reply yet so I thought I'd ask, are there any mods about who might be able to help me with this? If I get a green light you can get to know me a whole lot easier.

I'll check back for any replies daily and I hope to get more involved here shortly.

Cheers,
Andrew
You wrote it, so go ahead and put it up. How long is it? War and Peace size? Link to it then if it is, and is available to be linked to.
Andrew V

Post by Andrew V »

Hi there, thank you for the prompt reply and the go ahead. It's your average student essay affair---not many more than 2500 words---so I guess a copy 'n' paste would be preferable (please correct if wrong). I'll get around to it in the next day or two. Thanks again. A
Dalek Prime

Post by Dalek Prime »

Andrew V wrote:Hi there, thank you for the prompt reply and the go ahead. It's your average student essay affair---not many more than 2500 words---so I guess a copy 'n' paste would be preferable (please correct if wrong). I'll get around to it in the next day or two. Thanks again. A
No problem, Andrew. Don't be shy about putting your work up. Just put it in its own thread, under the appropriate sub forum, splitting it between posts if need be. Welcome to the forum, btw.
Andrew V

Post by Andrew V »

Cheers for the welcome. (You're putting me in a tough spot with your screen name! Must help with keeping the peace though hehe.)

My hesitancy owes to the fact that the article is also a personal blog post---world-weary onlookers might suspect ulterior motives. But life is too damn short, surely... The thread is now up for all to judge anyhow.

This is a nice-looking forum---no small credit to the mods, I'm sure.

And I'll see the rest of you on the other side.

Andrew