It was only a matter of Time before I made an appearance

Tell us a little about yourself.

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Obvious Leo

Re: It was only a matter of Time before I made an appearance

Post by Obvious Leo »

The Aussie version of the golden rule is:

Do unto others as they would do unto you but always make sure you get in first.
henry quirk

Post by henry quirk »

HA!

That reminds of a Hebrew saying I'm fond of...

'If you know someone is coming to kill you, get up early in the morning and go kill them first'.
henry quirk

Post by henry quirk »

G,

In your first post you mention that you gave man free will.

In this forum are a number of folks who deny free will (hell, they deny 'choice').

Please, explain the nature of free will.
Dalek Prime

Post by Dalek Prime »

I prefer the Fred Flintstone version of the Golden rule: Do unto others as you would have them yabba dabba do unto you.
Arising_uk

Post by Arising_uk »

Dalek Prime wrote:... And now it's stuck with it, whether it likes it or not. ...
Only until it gets to the stage where it can decide not to be.
Dalek Prime

Post by Dalek Prime »

Arising_uk wrote:
Dalek Prime wrote:... And now it's stuck with it, whether it likes it or not. ...
Only until it gets to the stage where it can decide not to be.
It's illegal. It's difficult. And if they survive, they WILL be worse off, perhaps physically, and basically losing their freedom until the medical establishment deems them 'fit', ie. no longer a risk to reattempt. Don't give me the "free disposal" bullshit argument again. It's bogus and you know it.
Arising_uk

Post by Arising_uk »

Dalek Prime wrote:It's illegal. ...
:lol: And legality is the foremost of issues upon the mind of the suicidal.
It's difficult. ...
Not if you live near an underground, tall building, bridge, high cliff, own a car, live in a country with lax gun-laws, etc.
And if they survive, they WILL be worse off, perhaps physically, and basically losing their freedom until the medical establishment deems them 'fit', ie. no longer a risk to reattempt. ...
if they survive then I think them not serious in the first place.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JOP5Ko2nz20
Don't give me the "free disposal" bullshit argument again. It's bogus and you know it.
No I don't. You don't just like the fact that the existent actually like their existence more than non-existence.
Hobbes' Choice

Post by Hobbes' Choice »

God wrote:
Hobbes' Choice wrote:
God wrote: I am Everywhere... but will you be quiet, I'm trying to watch a TV show of My own...
So you are everywhere but cannot concentrate on more than one thing.
Not much of a god are you?

You seem to have the powers of an inattentive and not very intelligent human. Odd that!
I can do, see, be, Anything... I can take endless distraction, and My attention extends to Everything ... but Game of Thrones is always better without the distraction of fools.
So God is an insulting little Pr1ck Sucker. At last we are getting to the crux.

So you can do anything, yet you can't multitask. And whilst you watch TV, an average of 100 babies have died for lack of clean water, for each episode. You do nothing.
What might we infer from this about your character?
Dalek Prime

Post by Dalek Prime »

Arising_uk wrote:
Dalek Prime wrote:It's illegal. ...
:lol: And legality is the foremost of issues upon the mind of the suicidal. Yes. Hence fear of being caught out and institutionalized causes it to be done secretively.
It's difficult. ...
Not if you live near an underground, tall building, bridge, high cliff, own a car, live in a country with lax gun-laws, etc. Physical integrity fears preclude most attempts.
And if they survive, they WILL be worse off, perhaps physically, and basically losing their freedom until the medical establishment deems them 'fit', ie. no longer a risk to reattempt. ...
if they survive then I think them not serious in the first place. Who cares what you think. Certainly they don't. But you're welcome to your opinion..

Don't give me the "free disposal" bullshit argument again. It's bogus and you know it.
No I don't. You don't just like the fact that the existent actually like their existence more than non-existence. That's not an answer. That's a poor attempt at mind reading. Now piss off. I will not waste my time again responding to your ignorance on the subject, on any thread.
Arising_uk

Post by Arising_uk »

Dalek Prime wrote:Yes. Hence fear of being caught out and institutionalized causes it to be done secretively.
Really? Jumping in front of a train is secretive?

Are you talking about those who have a terminal illness?
Physical integrity fears preclude most attempts.
:lol: Are you saying they're bothered about how they'll look? If so then try the car and carbon-monoxide, easy, efficient and pretty much unstopable.
Who cares what you think. Certainly they don't. But you're welcome to your opinion..
If they are serious then they won't be around. Since so many appear to be then the conclusion is fairly sound that they weren't serious and were seeking help and/or medical attention rather than truly wishing to end their existence.

That's not an answer. That's a poor attempt at mind reading. Now piss off. I will not waste my time again responding to your ignorance on the subject, on any thread.
Yes that is an answer to your position that existence is an unnecessary burden to place upon others. As if it is then at a certain stage in their lives they are perfectly free to remove themselves from it and the fact that so many don't appears to belie your statement about the horror and sufferring of existence.
Hobbes' Choice

Post by Hobbes' Choice »

Obvious Leo wrote:The Aussie version of the golden rule is:

Do unto others as they would do unto you but always make sure you get in first.
The problem is knowing for sure what they actually do to you.
Pre-emptive strikes make you look like a twat.
artisticsolution

Re: Re:

Post by artisticsolution »

God wrote:
Death is just a process that frees your spirit from Life. How it occurs is down to how you live. At its simplest it's just a decay of the physical body to release the potent energy that is the 'soul'. What you term suffering is part of living. How and why you suffer is determined by you and what you do. That I allow suffering is part of the package that allowed you. I 'suffer' too but I suffer gladly.
You can't be God and be an idiot...it's a sure give a way. Everyone dies.....it has little to do with how you lived. Newborns die, the righteous die, and sometimes people who are mean and/or abused thier bodies all thier lives live long happy lives and die peacefully...there is no rhyme or reason! To act as if there is , is not only mean...unbecoming of a God who seeks love an admiration, it is shallow and naive. Death is in everyone's future. There is simply no reason to make it painful in anyway.

You would do better with the answer, " but it is painless, my dear. You will see." OR something like that...because it would be more in keeping with a benign godlike personality. You need to do a little more research, if you want to play God, that is.