Hi;

Tell us a little about yourself.

Moderators: AMod, iMod

cladking

Hi;

Post by cladking »

I've been interested in thought since a very young age. I've become a self trained generalist and stumbled on a rather remarkable fact several years ago. The pyramids were built by pulling stones up one step at a time using the weight of water that was delivered by geysers and this process is implied by the only corpus that survives from before 2000 BC when the language became confused.

This has had surprisingly little effect on my "beliefs". The only real surprise is that people are much more set in their ways than I ever imagined. Ancient people had a highly developed science based on observation and logic and language was its metaphysics. The ancient language is similar to computer code so is widely misunderstood.

It's this same misunderstanding that has prevailed since the ancient language failed and is dimly remembered as the story of the Tower of Babel as well as a Sumerian version of the same thing.

My interests are in science, epistemology, metaphysics (ancient and modern), philosophy, and systems. My wheelhouse is in reverse engineering and deconstruction of meaning.
Gee

Re: Hi;

Post by Gee »

Cladking;

Welcome to the forum. Got tired of dealing with all of those scientists, who think they are philosophers? That is what got to me. Every time someone started a thread on consciousness in the philosophy forum, one of the moderators would move it to speculations in the science forum. I'm not sure what they were trying to say, whether they thought that considering consciousness is speculation, or if scientists speculate on whether or not they are conscious. :D

The only thing that I am really interested in is consciousness, and the few questions that I needed answered by science were not getting answers, so I left the science forum. My thread on the Supernatural is still getting hits and being reviewed. It has well over 8,000 hits now; I check on it occasionally.

Anyway, it is nice to see you here. If you want to get the most out of this forum, you should probably subscribe to Philosophy Now, but it is not necessary. We have a small regular group here, some are nice, others not so much; some are very bright, others not so much, but there is a great deal to read. I hope you can find something of interest.

G
cladking

Re: Hi;

Post by cladking »

Gee wrote:
Welcome to the forum. Got tired of dealing with all of those scientists, who think they are philosophers? That is what got to me. Every time someone started a thread on consciousness in the philosophy forum, one of the moderators would move it to speculations in the science forum. I'm not sure what they were trying to say, whether they thought that considering consciousness is speculation, or if scientists speculate on whether or not they are conscious. :D

The only thing that I am really interested in is consciousness, and the few questions that I needed answered by science were not getting answers, so I left the science forum. My thread on the Supernatural is still getting hits and being reviewed. It has well over 8,000 hits now; I check on it occasionally.

Anyway, it is nice to see you here. If you want to get the most out of this forum, you should probably subscribe to Philosophy Now, but it is not necessary. We have a small regular group here, some are nice, others not so much; some are very bright, others not so much, but there is a great deal to read. I hope you can find something of interest.
Thank you.

The consciousness thread has had some impact on me as well. There were a few insights I had not previously encountered. My view of consciousness got a little tweaking.

I've hardly given up on the science forums but I have found their limitations. My primary interest in being on any of these sites is to get feedback and data that can affect my theory that the pyramids were built with the weight of water. I've had a long standing interest in cognition, language, and consciousness so science and philosophy forums are very much natural for me. However, I simply don't have the time nor the ability to type extensively to follow every thread and each post. My theory rewrites almost all aspects of science so it is applicable to nearly every single thread. Unfortunately people consider this "hijacking" or "derailing" so I must hold my tongue in many instances even when it's highly relevant. The science forums are extremely sensitive to what they consider off topic so it becomes even more difficult to state a point of view even when that point preceded my work with pyramids and their builders. They do have some real expertise in all branches of science so in some ways they are as valuable as google to me.

It's ironic that your interest in consciousness and my interest in the pyramid builders overlap to the degree they do. It's interesting that our views of consciousness are as similar as they are.

I suspect I won't be able to post extensively on this forum either but I won't pre-judge and will follow all topics relevant to cognition, language, or anything that might relate to pyramid building. Most of my posts will be to support my theory whether it's specifically stated as such or not.

I think this will bwe fun. We'll see how much.

It's great to see a familiar face.