Postcards:

Tell us a little about yourself.

Moderators: AMod, iMod

d63

Postcards:

Post by d63 » Sat Apr 05, 2014 10:52 pm

I tend to think of what I do on these boards as as kind of postcard or travelogue from a process (which is like a journey. And I'm straddling several boards in order to facilitate that process. The only point is to offer up what I have experienced in the hope that it will have philosophical relevance, even if it is not directly related to the discourses I might find myself in here. The only point is to open up opportunities for discourse.

d63

Re: Postcards:

Post by d63 » Tue Apr 15, 2014 3:59 am

Love what I'm doing

(and love u 4 being here w/ me....

d63

Post by d63 » Tue Apr 15, 2014 4:23 am

Love ya, man!

d63

Post by d63 » Sun Dec 24, 2017 9:32 pm

Having been temporarily relieved of the day to day responses to either something I read that day or an inspirational point made by a respected peer, or a rebuke to some troll, I’d like to address something inspired by Raymond Tallis in a recent Philosophy Now article. He brought up the issue of how materialist accounts of consciousness fail to explain how it is the pings, grunts, and silences in the meat of the brain translate into what we experience as consciousness.

And I would humbly submit my theory. Once again, I would argue that it lies in the evolutionary feedback loop between body, brain, and environment. In this sense, the brain acts as ambassador for the body to the environment it is always working to negotiate.

Now granted, from the logic of a reasonable phenomenological perspective, everything that seems to be happening out there is happening in the brain. At the same time, I would argue (based on a conditional realism (that what we experience as consciousness may be the result of brain language being pulled out of itself resulting in a kind of ethereal interface (that which results from the non-linear feedback loop between body, brain, and environment( between the environment and the brain. In other words, we might look at what we experience as consciousness as actually “out there” as compared to “in the brain”.

-1-

Post by -1- » Sun Dec 24, 2017 10:30 pm

Self love is important. As is self hate.

Just remember: "You can't truly hate anyone else until you first learn how to truly hate yourself."