Greetings from India

Tell us a little about yourself.

Moderators: AMod, iMod

riddhimanbasu

Greetings from India

Post by riddhimanbasu »

Hi I am Riddhiman from India. I cannot profess to have been formally trained in philosophy. My interest in philosophy springs from life itself.
I remember myself as a 4 year old, glancing at my reflection in a water tub and wondering how I gained my ‘consciousness of myself’? When was the moment, that I became aware of myself as a person and what was I before that? This childish question was the beginning of philosophy for me.
Since then life has put me in situations that make me seek refuge in philosophical theories. It was through one of such experiences that I came cross Albert Camus and his theory of absurdism and embraced it immediately. In this way I have picked up bits and pieces of philosophical thoughts which have induced a passion for pondering on philosophical questions in me. I am in this forum mostly to learn about philosophy and participate in discussions if possible
thedoc

Re: Greetings from India

Post by thedoc »

riddhimanbasu wrote:Hi I am Riddhiman from India. I cannot profess to have been formally trained in philosophy. My interest in philosophy springs from life itself.
I remember myself as a 4 year old, glancing at my reflection in a water tub and wondering how I gained my ‘consciousness of myself’? When was the moment, that I became aware of myself as a person and what was I before that? This childish question was the beginning of philosophy for me.
Since then life has put me in situations that make me seek refuge in philosophical theories. It was through one of such experiences that I came cross Albert Camus and his theory of absurdism and embraced it immediately. In this way I have picked up bits and pieces of philosophical thoughts which have induced a passion for pondering on philosophical questions in me. I am in this forum mostly to learn about philosophy and participate in discussions if possible

Well jump right in, one way to learn is by doing. Welcome.