New subscriber

Tell us a little about yourself.

Moderators: AMod, iMod

CarlosOliveira

New subscriber

Post by CarlosOliveira »

Hello, I'm a new subscriber.
My name is Carlos Oliveira. The place and date of birth is Benavente, Portugal on December 22, 1949. I'm doctor in Applied Physics and I am co-author of more than one hundred publications in international scientific refereed journals.
I'm retired since 2015.
I'm interested in topics related with (i) the brain, mind and the issues studied by the neuroscience and (ii) the universe, the origin of the universe and (iii) the origin of the life and the evolution of the life on the Earth.
Eodnhoj7

Re: New subscriber

Post by Eodnhoj7 »

CarlosOliveira wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2018 4:35 pm Hello, I'm a new subscriber.
My name is Carlos Oliveira. The place and date of birth is Benavente, Portugal on December 22, 1949. I'm doctor in Applied Physics and I am co-author of more than one hundred publications in international scientific refereed journals.
I'm retired since 2015.
I'm interested in topics related with (i) the brain, mind and the issues studied by the neuroscience and (ii) the universe, the origin of the universe and (iii) the origin of the life and the evolution of the life on the Earth.
Welcome, would appreciate any insight for Ether Theory thread.

viewtopic.php?f=12&t=23291
-1-

Post by -1- »

Eodnhoj7 wrote: Tue Jan 09, 2018 12:50 am

Welcome. Insight re: ether theory, or alternative ether theory. Either ether theory will do. Thanks.

The origin of the universe is easy. Imagine a nut-sized burning eyeball, which implodes into a pin-head, then expands into a massive haystack. Now all we have to do is find the eye of the needle (the inverse of a pin-head) in the haystack.

The above does not make sense? Then it's theoretical physics. :-)

The origin of life is harder. Some swear it's the letter L that life originally began with. Etymology points at this being true.
Eodnhoj7

Post by Eodnhoj7 »

-1- wrote: Tue Jan 09, 2018 10:38 pm
Eodnhoj7 wrote: Tue Jan 09, 2018 12:50 am

Welcome. Insight re: ether theory, or alternative ether theory. Either ether theory will do. Thanks.

The origin of the universe is easy. Imagine a nut-sized burning eyeball, which implodes into a pin-head, then expands into a massive haystack. Now all we have to do is find the eye of the needle (the inverse of a pin-head) in the haystack.

The above does not make sense? Then it's theoretical physics. :-)
I read this and laughed. I am currently working on an ether paper right now and it brought me back to a conversation I had with some physicists. The general nature of the conversation was, if a particulate exists through a circular movement would this movement, as an extension of the geometric circle, be a theoretical observation of an ether considering the circle seems to exist as a binding median to the particulate movement. In simpler terms the movement exists because the geometric circle acts as a spatial binding median.

He then proceeded to throw insults and accused me of a word salad.

I then proceeded to ask them about their understanding of reality and they all disagreed with eachother, I pointed it out and they got angrier. Meanwhile they had threads about consciousness, and I would bring up the metaphysical points about consciousness and they accused me of getting away from physics. Meanwhile the thread on consciousness was on a physics forum.

I was later suspended from the forum for both making similiar arguments and questions. Considering the suspension is over I might return one day and scramble their brains for answers.

Physicists are some of the poorest logicians I have ever met. I hope this man is not, if he even bothers responding.

The origin of life is harder. Some swear it's the letter L that life originally began with. Etymology points at this being true.
-1-

Post by -1- »

Eodnhoj7 wrote: Tue Jan 09, 2018 10:46 pm I read this and laughed.
I read this a long time ago in one of those Murphy's Law books published in the seventies:

Lab Particulars:

If it's green or if it wriggles, it's biology.

If it stinks, it's chemistry.

If it does not work, it's physics.

=============
So far so good. Then someone gave an extension to it:

If it is incomprehensible, then it's economics, math, or psychology.

Then someone else still added the final extensions:

If it aims to excite anger (news items), or if it is completely stupid (diffuses in its own unique way current scientific knowledge), then it's journalism.

If it's about money, and money only, it's politics.

And if it does not serve justice, then it's law.

--------------