Just joined

Tell us a little about yourself.

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Greta

Re: Just joined

Post by Greta »

Walker wrote: Sun Dec 10, 2017 6:32 am
Greta wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2017 9:45 pm EOTH appears to be one of the great windbags - endless naive and biased blabbering on about nothing. Always feigning depth but when you scratch the surface there is precious little real substance; nothing is quite grounded. Break down all the words and his worldview is simply this:

Bad: women's rights, gays, transgenders, Muslims, liberals, media that is not Fox or Breitbart.
Good: Christians, guns, Fox, Breitbart, conservatives, subjugated women; queers, Muslims and liberals fought and destroyed.

The final upshot of each self-entitled dull soliloquy is that EOTH knows all, and all who disagree are foolish. Forums of course need not embrace such egotistical, self-entitled postmodernism. Each forum has a right to run as it chooses, not as some obsessive nitwit convinces himself.
You do write a lot of crap.
Thank you for your feedback, Walker. I return the compliment.
Walker

Post by Walker »

You’re welcome, Greta.

You have much more in common with Donald Trump than you realize.

Crap talk, aka trash talk, is a common tactic in folks’ “hyper-social and hyper-competitive worlds,” of sports, business, politics and for some, philosophy.

Muhammad Ali may have started the trend in the modern era.

In one fight he trash-talked Floyd Patterson bad enough (effectively enough) to give him psychologically-induced back spasms.

A sincere Merry Christ mas.

:)
Arising_uk

Post by Arising_uk »

EchoesOfTheHorizon wrote:...
One example, in the news, the British are butthurt because Trump tweeted a story about Islamic violence in the UK, as a example for Americans to consider politically ..
No he didn't, he re-tweeted a video by a spokeswomen of far-right wing UK hate group who are trying to stir-up trouble here, a group whose propaganda appears to have led one madman to kill his local female MP. He re-tweeted a clip of a supposed Dutch Muslim attacking a boy on crutches when it appears it was just a fight between dutch kids. None of the tweets were about Islamic violence here in the UK.
I used to really hope that the Trumpette was an evil genius hiding his light but it's quite apparent that he is just another immature interweeble and a bully with an incredibly fragile ego to boot.
Last edited by Arising_uk on Mon Dec 11, 2017 11:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Arising_uk

Post by Arising_uk »

EchoesOfTheHorizon wrote:.... In the U.K., they are a repressive theocracy, not allowed to talk about it. ...
No we aren't, we are a Parliamentary Democracy and as such are way more of a representative democracy than the States.

You also might want to note that religion plays pretty much no part in our politics whereas we can never listen to a Yank politican without the word 'God' coming into it somewhere.
surreptitious57

Post by surreptitious57 »

The Queen is apolitical and has absolutely no influence in how the country is run. The executive and legislature and judiciary are
entirely independent of monarchy whose power ceased to be absolute after the execution of Charles I. That represented the real
birth of parliamentary democracy in this country. Monarchy is maintained for reasons of tradition and popularity and nothing else
and no king or queen since Charles I has been allowed to set foot in the House Of Commons as it is regarded as sovereign territory
gaffo

Post by gaffo »

surreptitious57 wrote: Sun Dec 10, 2017 5:12 am Individual posts or entire threads can be deleted by the two mods here without explanation
The default position is to simply accept it and not complain about it as it serves no purpose
The mods here do not engage with the members less they really have to so just let them be
Hi Sirup (the less common spelling of - lol).

thanks for advice - it as apt and accurate.

I cut my teeth on the Usenet - most news groups was without mods (hence my love of liberty and hate of censorship(mods - both in principle and action - though not at war with honourable mods that censor.) i.e i know this place is not the free net and a website that pays bills and so must have "cops".

so though in principle as a Liberal Libertarian oppose the concept of the "mod" (mods - 2 here - so I've been told (by you Sir - thanks for knowledge! - I value learning), I do accept any/all Mods as "nececissary evils"................as long as they act within thier role in humility and wisdom and do not abuse thier powers (given and assumed)

BTW - thanks for reply to me, and your points are apt. and I agree "power is as power does" (your point - "mods do as they will").

I'm not a Black/white guy, I'm all Gray as Hell......................I did (still the fk DONT like my Wiki/Jan Fancis thread being REMOVED........not word to me was to why or by whom (AMod? was it you? - if so why not give me a private message about it in my inbox (do I have an box via this website? - if not you got my email addy - could have sent me a email about it as a common courtesy).................................back to point Sirup, "AMod" (the ivisible mod showed himself to me on another thread here (yes I was crying about the same thing - removed threads/censorship - without civil explaination......................"AMod" showed him?(her?)humanself to me..................and though he/she/it denies it is Host and I'm the Guest Here in His house, the fact that he BOTHERED to SHOW/Converse Himself (that other "philosophical forum - after my 2 memberships lacked the Balls/Ovum to converse with either of my "gaffos" - just played the pussy mod/s and removed both my accounts with not conversation as to why either was removed.

and so though meager - AMod (though we dissagree on that I think he is my Host (this place is his home - he being either leaser or owner) and I'm his guest...................at least he does me the honour to show himself and reply to his guest (me).

If this place becomes as petty as the other and the mod/s no longer show/reply to me then common civility mandates.............or when they become simple dictators (as it looks like the case for the mods in t he other "philosophy place"..................then I'll have no need for this place and be gone!

thanks for reply.

---------

in principle, not happy about mods, but willing to stay if the mods value virtue and act as the hosts to the many guests that stumble upon this place during their travails.
gaffo

Post by gaffo »

Arising_uk wrote: Mon Dec 11, 2017 9:30 pm
EchoesOfTheHorizon wrote:.... In the U.K., they are a repressive theocracy, not allowed to talk about it. ...
No we aren't, we are a Parliamentary Democracy and as such are way more of a representative democracy than the States.

You also might want to note that religion plays pretty much no part in our politics whereas we can never listen to a Yank politican without the word 'God' coming into it somewhere.
I'm not an ignorant dipshit and so know that England is no longer a Monarchy - which ended formally when???????????? 150 yrs ago?

As a person and loves knowledge and just by accident of birth was born in America, if you know or can give a URL, respecting your Nation (England - United Kingdom (these differ - today how do they differ - surely NZ, Australia, Canada - though (or is Canada no longer a part? if not why/when?).............are not England but part of the UK..................though at the same time NZ is not Australia - both indepentant Nations - one does not do the bidding of the other - but both do the bidding for England? - lol (in legal theory - per present legalisizms?).

I'm small minded American southern white trash in okiahoma, like to have a bigger mind and so understand more about the whole UK vs England and where the the member states of the UK reside.............per inter membership and with regard to their own nationality (i.e sovereignty).

...............WRT where does South Africa sit in WRT to the UK these days?

per you post in particular I'd appreciate you giving me an URL about your "england is a parliamentary democracy".

I DO VALUE learning.
Arising_uk

Post by Arising_uk »

gaffo wrote:I'm not an ignorant dipshit and so know that England is no longer a Monarchy - which ended formally when???????????? 150 yrs ago? ...
Not quite, the UK is a parliamentary democracy under a constitutional monarchy. It's the kind of fudge that the British love.
As a person and loves knowledge and just by accident of birth was born in America, if you know or can give a URL, respecting your Nation (England - United Kingdom (these differ - today how do they differ - surely NZ, Australia, Canada - though (or is Canada no longer a part? if not why/when?).............are not England but part of the UK..................though at the same time NZ is not Australia - both indepentant Nations - one does not do the bidding of the other - but both do the bidding for England? - lol (in legal theory - per present legalisizms?).
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Politics_ ... ed_Kingdom
http://thecommonwealth.org/
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Australia_Act_1986
I'm small minded American southern white trash in okiahoma, like to have a bigger mind and so understand more about the whole UK vs England and where the the member states of the UK reside.............per inter membership and with regard to their own nationality (i.e sovereignty).
Currently there is no independent nationalities in the UK, we are all British and that is the only officially recognised nationality. However, if you wish to be British then you call yourself English, Welsh, Scottish or Northern Irish when talking to each other and British when chatting to johnny foreigner. :)
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Status_of ... _Act,_1934
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/South_Africa
per you post in particular I'd appreciate you giving me an URL about your "england is a parliamentary democracy".

I DO VALUE learning.
See above.
Last edited by Arising_uk on Tue Dec 19, 2017 4:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
Greta

Post by Greta »

Walker wrote: Sun Dec 10, 2017 1:13 pmYou have much more in common with Donald Trump than you realize.
I know how much you love Trump so it's rather surprising to see you effectively declare such great admiration for me, Mr Walker.

Personally, I think Trump is setting the US up for a fossil fuel bubble that will inevitably lead to an almighty crash. The terms of trade around the rest of the world will be increasingly based on renewable energy, reducing demand for "dirty" US products, quite possibly through punitive tariffs or even sanctions in the further future if tensions rise sufficiently.

So, post-Trump, the US will have to play catchup with R&D investment, or pay top dollar to nations that have developed the technology.

The beauty of renewable energy is that, once you get the system right, it's renewable! You basically get the energy for free. The Chinese, who have long been keen bargain hunters (and IP thieves) can spot the freebie and is progressing rapidly. The chance of US competing with modern renewable energy with clunky, expensive and dirty fossil fuels is zero. One can only hope that US's responsible states that have been moving forward despite the regressive fed, can carry the nation through. Otherwise, if they fall into another deep recession, they will take my country with them.
gaffo

Post by gaffo »

Arising_uk wrote: Tue Dec 19, 2017 1:41 am
gaffo wrote:I'm not an ignorant dipshit and so know that England is no longer a Monarchy - which ended formally when???????????? 150 yrs ago? ...
Not quite, the UK is a parliamentary democracy under a constitutional monarchy. It's the kind of fudge that the British love.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Politics_ ... ed_Kingdom
http://thecommonwealth.org/
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Australia_Act_1986
Currently there is no independent nationalities in the UK, we are all British and that is the only officially recognised nationality. However, if you wish to be British then you call yourself English, Welsh, Scottish or Northern Irish when talking to each other and British when chatting to johnny foreigner. :)
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Status_of ... _Act,_1934
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/South_Africa

I DO VALUE learning.
See above.
wow - thanks. I did not read all of the links you provided, but did the more brief ones.

so in conculsion South Africa has been an Soviern nation - and not subject to the English Crown/Empire/Governance - since 1934. This is suspected - timeline wise, but did not know legalize/affirmative history wise.

thanks!

Australia! - so per your wiki link the "1986 act" - which was not rulled upon by some "bigwig Ausies" until 1999!!!!!!!! (would be interesting to get into the nitty gritty of why they rulled upon this act 13 yrs later) ------ all but One - affirmed that Australia is not a colony of Britain.

------its kind of funny (but sad too - since War takes lives, but also cuts ties (US/1783?) - while no lives were lost in the independance of Australia from Britian (only independant for 19 yrs now according to the Judges of the 86 act................ask any Ausie and I suspect "Australia has been indepentant since around 1920 - per the thoughts of the "joe ave" Aussie on the street

just like with Canada - when Canadians assumed (via the Real World (rather than legalize rule of law statues) they were Soveriegn and then when WW1 broke out Canada's Governor General (who is Canada's Head of State - not her Prime Minister as most folks beleive) started drafting Canadians to fight in Britain's war with Germany. Left a sour taste in the mouth of Canadians (-----they were like "what? we are not soveriegn? though we were since around 1880's" - nope not soveriegn per legalize rule of law..................which of course only served to piss off Canadians and to cut the Brit cord (why they did not removed the post of "governor General" - suprised they did not to be honest - no idea) and excellarate the full removal of Canada from British rule.

my understanding is that -per legalize Canada became independant in 1965, but like with Australian, per Real World (will you fight and bleed for us - i.e. when we tell you to die for us in our war?) both nations have been willing to tell thier mother country to pound sand since 1880/1920 respectively.

where does the history/sovrenty(sp) of New Zealand fit in?

--------never forgot Anzac Day!...................Gallipoly(sp)..............he colonial pleabs died for their masters - for nothin, Turks won regardless.

it was their land anyway (Turks).
Arising_uk

Post by Arising_uk »

gaffo wrote:...
--------never forgot Anzac Day!...................Gallipoly(sp)..............he colonial pleabs died for their masters - ...
Along with all the Brits and it's "plebs".
for nothin, Turks won regardless. ...
Only battle they did and they lost their empire.
We didn't invade them because we wanted their land, they allied themselves with the Germans so we became at war with them, we wanted them to remain neutral.
gaffo

Post by gaffo »

Arising_uk wrote: Sun Jan 21, 2018 8:14 pm
gaffo wrote:...
--------never forgot Anzac Day!...................Gallipoly(sp)..............he colonial pleabs died for their masters - ...
Along with all the Brits and it's "plebs".

Indeed so Sir! I mean no dissparagement to the Brit pleads that also died on the ill concieved battle.

I did not mention them in this particular battle becuase it was my understanding that most partaking were Ausies and NZlanders..............do you know the percentages? I don't would welcome the numbers if you know.

for nothin, Turks won regardless. ...
Only battle they did and they lost their empire.

yep, and thier lose was thier gain per Attaturk (great man) - but as we know he is modern mentality is now being removed by Eirdowan (and his Turkish "red necks" (my Trumpsters, your Brexers).

sadly.

We didn't invade them because we wanted their land, they allied themselves with the Germans so we became at war with them, we wanted them to remain neutral.
thanks for the schooling, but i do know some about history and yes you are correct in this.

I have (had) much respect and even love for you Brits (we American's own our legal system and culture to you guys - we inherited it). I am a Globalist and one that values Enlightenment ideas/ideals - Locke/etc...............that means I'm a "libul elitist" and "enemy of the State" here in my own State of Oklahoma - which is made up of braindead Trumpists (75-pecent).

2 yrs ago - I'd say my respect/love of Nations would be: American (I'm American), Britian, Canadia, Australia, NZ, and Germany (post ww2 Germans are fab - as is their nation - Gen Marshall removed all racism from them (ya I know they are now coming out of the woodword over there even now ;-().

today - my respect and love for nations (and the people thereof) - is Canada, Ausitralia, NZ and Germany...........sadly I must leave out my own Nation - which looks like Germany 1933 with Trump election) - and your nation via the Brexit vote.

I have no love for Nationalist Fasism.

now as to NZ and when she became an independant nation - i assume you MAY know more the me - since they were (are?) a commonwealth nation.............and can school me.

ya I know I can wiki it and school myself, but in truth I'm lazy, and also welcome conversation with a fellow with a mind - which you clearly have.

peace to ya, and may Britain weather the Brexit insanity.......................please pray for my nation WRT to Cheeto Benito if you may ;-/.
gaffo

Post by gaffo »

got the editing messed up above - not smart enough to fix it. you can figure our my replies from your quotes if you squint.

sorry - went back to try to edit and only got lost in the header-quotes and gave up ;-/.

carry on..............
gaffo

Post by gaffo »

like your avatar BTW - Foghorn Leghorn.

my avator in that other forum was Crusader Rabbit (first - 1948 - TV cartoon founded by ??? (guy's name i foregt, and Jay Ward (Rocky/Bullwinke -
15 yrs prior to these characters.(bible-discussion - founded by an agnostic brit and very open minded with Christian themes (I like the history and theology of all naions - so though an athiest like that forum for its open minded bent toward discussion................which is not gone (not enough $$ to support it - died last October after 18? yrs - i was there for 9 -- i do blain "Social media" myself Facefk/twits/etc are killing old school forums ;-/). I never nor will ever sign up for any Social media membership and will just remove myself from the net when it becomes another idiotic AOL monstrosity.

I personally identified with Crusader Rabbit as he having my character - i have the DVD of that work and CR's character is like mine - hopless indealist, fighting unwinnable battles, etc. had my YT channel with old 60's/70's UK shows i never know about until finding them on YT year ago (found them when YT was not so corporate (anal) WRT to copyriech............Callan, Gideon's Way, Colditz, Sandbaggers, Danger UXB, the Defenders, Human Jungle.............10+ more............now all removed from YT. (I'm thankful I disscovered them to then appreciate after viewing to then buy the DVDs of (yes PAL not NTSC (an extra roadblock over and above the artificial region codes) - thanks lawyers(region code) - thank you CHINA and FabDVD - so can REMOVE region code of DVDs I OWN.......and than the cheap DVD player makers for selling DVD players that PLAYBACK PAL here in America (that leaves all the mainline name brand assholes like Sony/etc............) and finally thank you "element" TV maker! - for like the asshole DVD players, today - since about 5 yrs ago name brand TV makers - HIGH DEF! tvs - are making TV that refuse to playback PAL DVD's (which are not Hi-def!) on them!................Element to date does not play this shit lawyer game of balkinization.

also I know if Crusader Rabbit were a real entity - per his character he like me would run a pirate radion station -to offer forgotten/neglicted "art" to the masses.

for me the last 20 yrs Oldtime Radiodramas - unlike you fellas, we Americans lost that artform in the 1960's.
Jameslof

Im new here

Post by Jameslof »

There are many ways to go about this. Many many wrong ways. Hahaha