New here.

Tell us a little about yourself.

Moderators: AMod, iMod

thedoc

Re: New here.

Post by thedoc »

Lacewing wrote:
thedoc wrote:
Lacewing wrote:Did you readily admit your guilt and turn yourself in because you are a moral theist... or did they have to catch you? 8)
You have your private messages disabled.
Yes, I do. I prefer to stay above the covers. :) Whatever you have to say, doc... you can say it in front of everyone here. It won't go any further!

I was only asking because of the comment you(?) made elsewhere about theists turning themselves in and admitting their guilt, and that's why there are more of them in prisons?
I have never denied what happened, but the other party lied his ass off when under oath. Given the prospect of the other party going on the stand and lying some more, and the only thing I had was my word and the truth, and given the caliber of the potential jury from the area, I took the deal that was offered. The DA finally made an offer of pleading guilty and no jail time. I took it with only 2 years probation, and that turned to unsupervised at the recommendation of the judge and the probation officer. My defense would have centered on the defense of a third party, my daughter. All this was done with the cooperation of my lawyer. So I am now a convicted felon under the law, that much is public record. If you want more details, it's my word against the other person, and that will be only by PM.
Lacewing

Post by Lacewing »

thedoc wrote:I have never denied what happened...
Sounds intriguing... but I think it's best if I don't know your secrets. (Sounds like you took the right deal.)

Since we're doing true confessions, I can say that I've been arrested once for "causing a disturbance" when I was 18 or 19. :lol: Hard to BELIEVE, I know!! I think I remember being fingerprinted and fined, but I've never been in jail. I was so lucky that cops took it easy on me during some wild years. I couldn't have gotten away with so much now.
bobevenson

Post by bobevenson »

Lacewing wrote:I think I remember being fingerprinted and fined, but I've never been in jail.
I guess that proves the government gets it right 2/3 of the time!
Dalek Prime

Post by Dalek Prime »

Lacewing wrote:
thedoc wrote:
Lacewing wrote:Did you readily admit your guilt and turn yourself in because you are a moral theist... or did they have to catch you? 8)
You have your private messages disabled.
Yes, I do. I prefer to stay above the covers. :) Whatever you have to say, doc... you can say it in front of everyone here. It won't go any further! Lol! You know it'll go much further, here .;)
Dalek Prime

Post by Dalek Prime »

Lacewing wrote:
Sounds intriguing... but I think it's best if I don't know your secrets. (Sounds like you took the right deal.)

Since we're doing true confessions, I can say that I've been arrested once for "causing a disturbance" when I was 18 or 19. :lol: Hard to BELIEVE, I know!! I think I remember being fingerprinted and fined, but I've never been in jail. I was so lucky that cops took it easy on me during some wild years. I couldn't have gotten away with so much now.
Since we're doing true confessions here, this is my announcement that I am a transgender woman. I'm beginning transition shortly. Gonna live the rest of my life free, happy, and on my own terms! :D

A very merry Christmas to you all!

PS. No arrest record here. I'm a good girl lol! :lol:
Lacewing

Post by Lacewing »

Dalek Prime wrote:Since we're doing true confessions here, this is my announcement that I am a transgender woman. I'm beginning transition shortly. Gonna live the rest of my life free, happy, and on my own terms! :D

Congratulations! Are you going to change your name?
Dalek Prime

Post by Dalek Prime »

Lacewing wrote:
Dalek Prime wrote:Since we're doing true confessions here, this is my announcement that I am a transgender woman. I'm beginning transition shortly. Gonna live the rest of my life free, happy, and on my own terms! :D

Congratulations! Are you going to change your name?
Not for the forum, but yes. My middle name in Balinese means 'Goddess', so no point in changing that. But my first name will change to the female variant. I want to keep it as simple as possible. (Thank you.)
Lacewing

Post by Lacewing »

Dalek Prime wrote:
Lacewing wrote: Congratulations! Are you going to change your name?
Not for the forum, but yes. My middle name in Balinese means 'Goddess', so no point in changing that. But my first name will change to the female variant. I want to keep it as simple as possible. (Thank you.)
Have you fully considered what it's like to be a woman in a stupid man's world? :lol: Or do you intend to use your goddess nature and special insights to kick their ass?!
vegetariantaxidermy

Post by vegetariantaxidermy »

Dalek Prime wrote:
Lacewing wrote:

Since we're doing true confessions here, this is my announcement that I am a transgender woman. I'm beginning transition shortly. Gonna live the rest of my life free, happy, and on my own terms! :D

Really?
Dalek Prime

Post by Dalek Prime »

Lacewing wrote:
Dalek Prime wrote:
Lacewing wrote: Congratulations! Are you going to change your name?
Have you fully considered what it's like to be a woman in a stupid man's world? :lol: Or do you intend to use your goddess nature and special insights to kick their ass?!
I have considered it. I've had many discussions on the topic. It will change aspects of my life, but it's still worth it. I can't describe how happy and lighter I feel, just having acknowledged and accepted my true self. I told one young woman that, as an arch-pessimist, it's insane how much my attitudes have changed towards life and people, in a positive manner, since I acknowledged myself. I feel I have more love, joy and strength, both for myself and others. And that's just the tip of how good I feel.
Dalek Prime

Post by Dalek Prime »

vegetariantaxidermy wrote:
Dalek Prime wrote:
Lacewing wrote: Sounds intriguing... but I think it's best if I don't know your secrets. (Sounds like you took the right deal.)

Really?
Really which? That I have no arrest record? Yep......

Oh, you meant the transgender thingy lol! Definitely yes to that, veg.
vegetariantaxidermy

Dalek Prime wrote:
Dalek Prime wrote: Since we're doing true confessions here, this is my announcement that I am a transgender woman. I'm beginning transition shortly. Gonna live the rest of my life free, happy, and on my own terms! :D

Really?
Really which? That I have no arrest record? Yep......

Oh, you meant the transgender thingy lol! Definitely yes to that, veg.
Yes. I meant that. Silly to ask I suppose. There's no way of knowing if anything anyone says on the internet is true.
thedoc

Post by thedoc »

vegetariantaxidermy wrote: There's no way of knowing if anything anyone says on the internet is true.
So take a post at face value and don't read other things into it.
vegetariantaxidermy

thedoc wrote:
vegetariantaxidermy wrote: There's no way of knowing if anything anyone says on the internet is true.
Not in my nature. I question everything. :)
Dalek Prime

Post by Dalek Prime »

thedoc wrote:
Not in my nature. I question everything. :)
No no. All true. (Thanks doc.)