Hi!

Tell us a little about yourself.

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Necromancer

Hi!

Post by Necromancer »

Hi all

I'm Necromancer. Yes, I talk with the dead. (Ehh... no, kidding!)

I've lived for some time as I've reached middle age.

Job is boring so I rather communicate with you!

Cheers!
Dalek Prime

Re: Hi!

Post by Dalek Prime »

That's alright. I champion non-existence. (Ehh... no(t) kidding!)

I've lived too much time, as I've also reached middle age.

Most jobs are boring, hence non-existence is a good thing.

Cheers, and welcome to the forum (another reason non-existence is a good thing).
Necromancer

Post by Necromancer »

Thanks, Dalek Prime

I'll stick with Existentialism for now. There has been a man born by the name Søren Kierkegaard!

Are you familiar with Buddhism and the emptying of the Self or something? Isn't it how one "version" of it conducts meditation?
Dalek Prime

Post by Dalek Prime »

Necromancer wrote:Thanks, Dalek Prime

I'll stick with Existentialism for now. There has been a man born by the name Søren Kierkegaard!

Are you familiar with Buddhism and the emptying of the Self or something? Isn't it how one "version" of it conducts meditation?
No problem. :)

Well, if you follow existentialism to it's logical conclusion, you'll eventually come to my conclusions, if you dig deep enough, and are honest with yourself. But take your time.

Not read Kierkegaard, I should mention. More a Schopenhauer kind of guy. But eventually I found that Schopenhauer, Neitzche, Camus and the Buddha did not follow through on the reasoning, to the conclusion. Very disappointing.

Anyways, feel free to ask any questions you may have, or discuss anything on your mind. And don't make the same mistake others here have done; closing your mind and talking with your ego.

Cheers, and again, welcome.
Hobbes' Choice

Post by Hobbes' Choice »

Necromancer wrote:Hi all

I'm Necromancer. Yes, I talk with the dead. (Ehh... no, kidding!)

I've lived for some time as I've reached middle age.

Job is boring so I rather communicate with you!

Cheers!
In most cases here, you would be better off talking to the dead.
Hobbes' Choice

Post by Hobbes' Choice »

Dalek Prime wrote:

Well, if you follow existentialism to it's logical conclusion, you'll eventually come to my conclusions, if you dig deep enough, and are honest with yourself. But take your time.

Not read Kierkegaard, I should mention. More a Schopenhauer kind of guy. But eventually I found that Schopenhauer, Neitzche, Camus and the Buddha did not follow through on the reasoning, to the conclusion. Very disappointing.

Anyways, feel free to ask any questions you may have, or discuss anything on your mind. And don't make the same mistake others here have done; closing your mind and talking with your ego.

You mean that rejected the idiocy of Victorian spiritual delusions and embraced their angst, leaving behind the god you are still pathetically looking for.
Dalek Prime

Post by Dalek Prime »

Hobbes' Choice wrote:
Dalek Prime wrote:

You mean that rejected the idiocy of Victorian spiritual delusions and embraced their angst, leaving behind the god you are still pathetically looking for.
As a dystheist, my search has ended. You, on the other hand, will spend the rest of your existence snark hunting, and swatting ghosts.

Btw Necromancer, let me take this opportunity to introduce you to a troll. It follows one, and says silly things. And can't get its name right ie. "Hobson's Choice", not Hobbes, whom many fallaciously attribute the said choice to.

And don't be rude and off topic, Hobbes. Say hello to our new member. It's his thread, after all.
Hobbes' Choice

Post by Hobbes' Choice »

Dalek Prime wrote:
Hobbes' Choice wrote:
Dalek Prime wrote: No problem. :)

As a dystheist, my search has ended. You, on the other hand, will spend the rest of your existence snark hunting, and swatting ghosts.

Btw Necromancer, let me take this opportunity to introduce you to a troll. It follows one, and says silly things. And can't get its name right ie. "Hobson's Choice", not Hobbes, whom many fallaciously attribute the said choice to.

And don't be rude and off topic, Hobbes. Say hello to our new member. It's his thread, after all.
You are embarrassingly stupid.
You can be a dystheist and not be a theist too. It's so obvious you are still searching.

I chose "Hobbes' Choice" you fat head! It's not rocket science. I know what Hobson's Choice is, and I also know who Thomas Hobbes is.

You need to run along now because you need to look up the meaning of "Dystheist" and "Troll", because you are proving yourself an arse once again.
Necromancer

Post by Necromancer »

Dalek Prime wrote:Btw Necromancer, let me take this opportunity to introduce you to a troll. It follows one, and says silly things. And can't get its name right ie. "Hobson's Choice", not Hobbes, whom many fallaciously attribute the said choice to.
Thanks again! Warning duly noted. Behaviour is self-evident. :mrgreen:
Skip

Post by Skip »

Hobbes would have to choose between Charles and William, I suppose - which isn't so very different from Hobson's choice.

Me, I have a choice of talking to cats or walls.
I don't have a job anymore; just lots of chores I procrastinate about until it's too dark, too cold, or the garbage truck's gone.
The advantage of being here is: walls and cats don't respond.
The disadvantage of being here is: fuckin morons call you a fucking moron, except they can't spell.
Necromancer

Post by Necromancer »

Skip wrote:Hobbes would have to choose between Charles and William, I suppose - which isn't so very different from Hobson's choice.

Me, I have a choice of talking to cats or walls.
I don't have a job anymore; just lots of chores I procrastinate about until it's too dark, too cold, or the garbage truck's gone.
The advantage of being here is: walls and cats don't respond.
The disadvantage of being here is: fuckin morons call you a fucking moron, except they can't spell.
My sympathies! Be strong, Skip! :!: (And I'll avoid the lewd language too! I mark you "Friend"?)
Skip

Post by Skip »

Sure. Of course, I would never use bad, mad, rude, crude or lewd language. Even my Cockney rhyming slang is rudimentary.
Obvious Leo

Post by Obvious Leo »

Skip wrote: fuckin morons call you a fucking moron, except they can't spell.
It's a great tragedy and possibly the end of the world as we know it when the art of insult is reduced to such a low state.
Skip

Post by Skip »

That's why I used to like some strict sites where out-maneuvering the censor-bot was an art form. (Unfortunately, the human moderators tended to come down hard on sarcasm.)
JohnMcNeil

Post by JohnMcNeil »

Hello, my name is John from Arlington. Nice to meet you