Proud to be a member.

Tell us a little about yourself.

Moderators: AMod, iMod

pljamesone@att.net

Proud to be a member.

Post by pljamesone@att.net »

:D Thank you for allowing me to become a member. I have loved Philosophy for at least fifty years. I am convinced and persuaded without a doubt that philosophy is ones opinion of what they think wisdom is. Philosophy does not judge any personal wisdom from it's creators, but allows each philosopher to opinionate the thoughts to others without judging others. Thoughts please. Paul
Last edited by pljamesone@att.net on Tue Oct 21, 2014 2:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
Blaggard

Re: Proud to be a member.

Post by Blaggard »

Welcome to the members, pride well anyone can join. Not for much longer some members have their way, but have fun while it lasts, and the members are not just dicks, I made a dick pun. Hold onto your member, it won't last if you don't... :)
mickthinks

Post by mickthinks »

Welcome! Ignore Blaggard's flippant incoherence - most of us do.
Blaggard

Post by Blaggard »

mickthinks wrote:Welcome! Ignore Blaggard's flippant incoherence - most of us do.
If only people would ignore yours, your mum's chastisement would of succeeded at last.

Welcome to the clown house James, some people imagine they are big and clever, some people have a lot to learn amongst the 7 billion people on Earth. Let's hope.
pljamesone@att.net

It has take me at least twenty years after soul searching to find one word that would or could relate to Philosophy and the statement "the love of wisdom". That one word is {opinion). Everyone has "their own interpretion of what they interpret what the word philosophy means and "the love of wisdom". Your wisdom might not be my wisdom and vice versa. They say a bug has many eyes and sees multiple pictures of what they are looking at. So are philosophers. Thoughts? Paul
WanderingLands

Post by WanderingLands »

pljamesone@att.net wrote:It has take me at least twenty years after soul searching to find one word that would or could relate to Philosophy and the statement "the love of wisdom". That one word is {opinion). Everyone has "their own interpretion of what they interpret what the word philosophy means and "the love of wisdom". Your wisdom might not be my wisdom and vice versa. They say a bug has many eyes and sees multiple pictures of what they are looking at. So are philosophers. Thoughts? Paul
I do actually agree, for the most part, that many of the different philosopher's ideas are true, in that they can be either similar to each other, or even complimentary to each other despite being a bit divergent (one example would be that of the rational and empirical division). Life is infinite and complex, and so ideas should be treated as such as they are picked apart from this Universal Object that we all observe.
pljamesone@att.net

Excellent post. What do you think about mind technology? With ones mind now one can manipulate objects from their mind like drones. Curious, what about channel changing on the t.v? Paul
WanderingLands

Post by WanderingLands »

pljamesone@att.net wrote:Excellent post. What do you think about mind technology? With ones mind now one can manipulate objects from their mind like drones. Curious, what about channel changing on the t.v? Paul
What I do know about those right off the bat is that they probably are related to mind control and research on consciousness. It would be cool actually to change the channel from the TV with your mind, but then again we do have to think of the possible negative consequences (such as government and other nefarious people getting control over it). My view is that everything has a good side and a bad side to it; it's all about intent.