"Project Logic" #1

What is the basis for reason? And mathematics?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Piltdownbrain

Re: "Project Logic" #1

Post by Piltdownbrain »

wleg wrote:Piltdownbrain,
"Without language, time and space do not exist' be a semantic copout or a serious attempt at understanding the foundations of cognitive relativity?"
Would time and space not exist without language or would the condition of time and space still exist, we just would not have words that symbolize the two conditions?
True, language could be called a code which symbolizes reality, but the symbols are still a subjective interpretation, thus language is flawed as a conveyor of truth, however, sometimes, by some poetic juxtaposition of random words, we sometimes glimpse an abstract idea, but mostly it is narrative which recounts past events or attempts to predict futures, but it is always obsessed with time. Even such a cosmic element as light has had its speed calculated, whereas I would much prefer to know only about sunrise and sunset, knowledge of a mathematical nature bores me, I prefer the growth of organic beings and their span of life. I'm going to approach this not from a reptilian but rather from the next most advanced mammalian perspective, it is logical to find one's closest cousin to interrogate the nature of awareness and knowledge. The primates, or even the more advanced dolphin/marine mammalian class with their massive brains and language, as Dr Lilly discovered to his surprise, disturbingly have murderous members amongst themselves, and it makes one wonder that possibly pursuing a retrogressive anti-knowledge path could be our species only way to salvation. But entropy makes everything vanity in the end.
Airsome

Post by Airsome »

Do U accept a final universal proposition? If you charge for me posting it, I won't tell U.
Airsome

Post by Airsome »

I have a proposition for U
Tesla

Post by Tesla »

wleg wrote:Project Logic will pay ten US dollars for each propositional sentence submitted that enhances philosophical knowledge. The Project will buy one thousand sentences which create the knowledge foundation for logical philosophical thinking. Ten thousand dollars will be divided (after one thousand sentences are collected) according to the number of propositional sentences each person sells.

The Project is looking for Propositional Sentences supported by a logical argument.

WARNING!! Propositional sentences posted that can not be supported by logical argument and obviously are not intended to enhance philosophical knowledge will result in dollars being deducted from any future earnings.

Project Logic is now activated to buy submitted propositional sentences it believes form a foundation for logical philosophical knowledge.

Wayne Leggette Sr.

Small print: Project Logic may or may not be hypothetical or it might be a test to determine if what it seeks to accomplish is possible.
"Because of what 'is'--at its core--being energy; it can only have come from energy, therefore, Existence is a real thing: the sum of all energy."
SpheresOfBalance

Post by SpheresOfBalance »

wleg wrote:Project Logic will pay ten US dollars for each propositional sentence submitted that enhances philosophical knowledge. The Project will buy one thousand sentences which create the knowledge foundation for logical philosophical thinking. Ten thousand dollars will be divided (after one thousand sentences are collected) according to the number of propositional sentences each person sells.

The Project is looking for Propositional Sentences supported by a logical argument.

WARNING!! Propositional sentences posted that can not be supported by logical argument and obviously are not intended to enhance philosophical knowledge will result in dollars being deducted from any future earnings.

Project Logic is now activated to buy submitted propositional sentences it believes form a foundation for logical philosophical knowledge.

Wayne Leggette Sr.

Small print: Project Logic may or may not be hypothetical or it might be a test to determine if what it seeks to accomplish is possible.
How I took this, is to mean that, Wayne Leggette Sr. wants to see an end to users fighting for it's own sake (ego), and rather discussion with the common goal in mind, to further philosophical knowledge. He uses the phrase "...those who have the same goal and the desire to collaborate." That while he wish's this to be the case, he has doubts that anyone currently here can achieve, that which he believes was here all those years ago. Which is why he speaks of the potential hypothetical nature of Project Logic, juxtaposed with a test to determine if the promise of money can tame the need of ego boosting of self, for the more on topic, worthwhile cause, of furthering philosophical knowledge.

If correct, I actually agree with his mission, but see that the troll of all trolls, that knows not what the words collaborate/cooperate means, quickly attacked him, in his all to signature method of, nastiness. One can disagree and be civil about it, it just requires patience, and conscientious wording.
Airsome

Post by Airsome »

Absolute true intention that, as I assume, had a major component hidden as it might be ridiculed for its noncompetitive nature but inclusiveness.
I propose U: half a is b