question

What is the basis for reason? And mathematics?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

ForCruxSake

Re: question

Post by ForCruxSake »

Harbal wrote:
thedoc wrote:
It seems to work OK, so it would seem that the timer in a microwave will work either way.
As long as it heats up your American fat burgers what's it matter?
And here it is... The post that makes me want to troll you as much as you seem to troll thedoc.

Very few people like the U.S. right now, and with good reason. The majority of these people don't come across as bigots. You do. If you're a Brit, you put the rest of us to shame and give Americans a good reason to want to kick our arses, along with the rest of the world's... because ultimately you don't attack them with reason of any value, intellectual or otherwise.

You're a waste of space, Harbal, with little to add to a philosophy forum bar passing comment. You posture and fool, saying little of originality or thought that adds scope to a subject. You're no better than people who scrawl graffiti on toilet doors, or walls. Clearly you don't go out much, preferring to scrawl your graffiti on the Philosophy Now forum walls.
ForCruxSake

Post by ForCruxSake »

Harbal wrote:
ForCruxSake wrote:I'm just unsure
Then just bluff your way through it, like I do.
... with little success, it appears.
Harbal

Post by Harbal »

thedoc wrote:
We've noticed.
Good God! It must be really obvious if even you noticed, doc.
thedoc

Post by thedoc »

The timer on my microwave is interesting, if I enter 100, the timer goes directly to 59 seconds, if I enter 99, it will count off 1 minute and 39 seconds.
Harbal

Post by Harbal »

ForCruxSake wrote: And here it is... The post that makes me want to troll you as much as you seem to troll thedoc.
Well I hope it gives you as much pleasure.
Very few people like the U.S. right now, and with good reason. The majority of these people don't come across as bigots. You do. If you're a Brit, you put the rest of us to shame and give Americans a good reason to want to kick our arses, along with the rest of the world's... because ultimately you don't attack them with reason of any value, intellectual or otherwise.

You're a waste of space, Harbal, with little to add to a philosophy forum bar passing comment. You posture and fool, saying little of originality or thought that adds scope to a subject. You're no better than people who scrawl graffiti on toilet doors, or walls. Clearly you don't go out much, preferring to scrawl your graffiti on the Philosophy Now forum walls.
You"ve not got a very high opinion of me, have you, Crux?
ForCruxSake

Post by ForCruxSake »

Harbal wrote:
ForCruxSake wrote: And here it is... The post that makes me want to troll you as much as you seem to troll thedoc.
Well I hope it gives you as much pleasure.

You"ve not got a very high opinion of me, have you, Crux?
The way you express yourself here on the forum, I doubt very many folk have. There's me and the rest of the queue forming behind you, for starters...
thedoc

Post by thedoc »

Harbal wrote: As long as it heats up your American fat burgers what's it matter?
Mixing some fat in with the ground beef makes for better burgers. Actually any kind of moisture makes the burger better. My mother used to work in a grocery store and the owner would cut the meat fresh. Once a year the local firemen would have an "Old Home Week" and they would ask the local butcher shops to submit ground beef for the burgers, my mother's boss got the contract every year because his burgers always were the most moist when cooked. Years after he had died she told me what the secret was that he used to make better burgers. When he mixed the hamburger he would add a lot of extra water, it had 2 effects. It made the burgers more moist when cooked, and it added weight that didn't cost him anything.
Harbal

Post by Harbal »

ForCruxSake wrote: There's me and the rest of the queue forming behind you,
You will always be behind me, Cruxy.
for starters...
I wonder what's to follow.
thedoc

Post by thedoc »

Harbal wrote: As long as it heats up your American fat burgers what's it matter?
FYI, when I eat any kind of meat, I always cut the fattiest parts for myself and almost no-one fights me for them, in fact my wife and daughter will cut the fat off their pieces and give it to me. I totally don't believe the campaign a few years ago to convince everyone that fat was bad for you, that claim was based on bogus research.
Harbal

Post by Harbal »

thedoc wrote: Mixing some fat in with the ground beef makes for better burgers. Actually any kind of moisture makes the burger better. My mother used to work in a grocery store and the owner would cut the meat fresh. Once a year the local firemen would have an "Old Home Week" and they would ask the local butcher shops to submit ground beef for the burgers, my mother's boss got the contract every year because his burgers always were the most moist when cooked. Years after he had died she told me what the secret was that he used to make better burgers. When he mixed the hamburger he would add a lot of extra water, it had 2 effects. It made the burgers more moist when cooked, and it added weight that didn't cost him anything.
Yes, I believe they do that with chicken and bacon and God knows what else. And just for the record, and to shut ForCruxSake up: We have British fat burgers.
Harbal

Post by Harbal »

thedoc wrote: FYI, when I eat any kind of meat, I always cut the fattiest parts for myself and almost no-one fights me for them, in fact my wife and daughter will cut the fat off their pieces and give it to me. I totally don't believe the campaign a few years ago to convince everyone that fat was bad for you, that claim was based on bogus research.
A kind of reversal of the Jack Sprat scenario. You old rebel, doc.
thedoc

Post by thedoc »

Harbal wrote:
thedoc wrote: Mixing some fat in with the ground beef makes for better burgers. Actually any kind of moisture makes the burger better. My mother used to work in a grocery store and the owner would cut the meat fresh. Once a year the local firemen would have an "Old Home Week" and they would ask the local butcher shops to submit ground beef for the burgers, my mother's boss got the contract every year because his burgers always were the most moist when cooked. Years after he had died she told me what the secret was that he used to make better burgers. When he mixed the hamburger he would add a lot of extra water, it had 2 effects. It made the burgers more moist when cooked, and it added weight that didn't cost him anything.
Yes, I believe they do that with chicken and bacon and God knows what else. And just for the record, and to shut ForCruxSake up: We have British fat burgers.
My ex son-in-law is a cook and has worked in several restaurants. Several times we have talked about the effect of moisture on cooking meat and have even contemplated cooking beef submerged in water. Water and fat would have similar effects on cooked meat.
thedoc

Post by thedoc »

Harbal wrote:
thedoc wrote: FYI, when I eat any kind of meat, I always cut the fattiest parts for myself and almost no-one fights me for them, in fact my wife and daughter will cut the fat off their pieces and give it to me. I totally don't believe the campaign a few years ago to convince everyone that fat was bad for you, that claim was based on bogus research.
A kind of reversal of the Jack Sprat scenario. You old rebel, doc.
When I was diagnosed with CHF I underwent several tests, one of them was a Coronary catheterization and the doctor who preformed the procedure reported that my arteries were clear, and I have been eating fatty foods all my life so there was no build up from my diet or anything else.
ForCruxSake

Post by ForCruxSake »

Harbal wrote:
Dream on about my shutting up, because I'm here patting myself on the back for getting you to engage in conversation like a good little boy. Instead of trolling thedoc you actually seem to be engaged in dialogue with him that doesn't seem fatuous. My work here is done. :D
Harbal

Post by Harbal »

ForCruxSake wrote: Dream on about my shutting up, because I'm here patting myself on the back for getting you to engage in conversation like a good little boy. Instead of trolling thedoc you actually seem to be engaged in dialogue with him that doesn't seem fatuous. My work here is done. :D
Yes, I've decided to turn my attention towards you instead. :twisted: