Statements are true or false?

What is the basis for reason? And mathematics?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

osgart

Re: Statements are true or false?

Post by osgart »

maybe every solidly wrong answer leads to a right whole new world yet discovered.
osgart

Post by osgart »

a fact can be conditional. What is true reflects not only coherency but function.
Terrapin Station

Post by Terrapin Station »

osgart wrote:a fact can be conditional. What is true reflects not only coherency but function.
You'd need to flesh that out a bit more, because I'm not sure what either sentence is saying, exactly. So I don't know if I'd agree or not.
osgart

Post by osgart »

all i am saying is if an equation or formula produces a wrong result in the actual world it could be because of a missing concept yet defined. Or perhaps it is because the operators themselves need more accurate number values representative of actuality. Say 2 x 4 is 8 isnt actually whats going on and that the x symbol should have an exact measured multiplication value of magnitude 8, instead of a one time value of 4. So it would be 2 x 4 eight times. Where the 2 and the 4 are measured values, perhaps the multiplier symbol itself can also be a measurable value; magnitude 8, where it means something more and their is actually a magnitude or oppositely a fragnitude that of the straight up multiplication 2 x 4 depending on what is the multiplication force.
To me each symbol in math is a concept; subject or verb, of something that actually happens in nature. To me math is a world of things in action.