Who Or What Am I?

Discussion of articles that appear in the magazine.

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Philosophy Now

Who Or What Am I?

Post by Philosophy Now »

The following answers to the question of the self each win a random book.

http://philosophynow.org/issues/84/Who_Or_What_Am_I
RickLewis

Re: Who Or What Am I?

Post by RickLewis »

Just to explain: this article consists of the published answers to our last Question of the Month competition.
Ale Martínez

Post by Ale Martínez »

The best answer to this question it´s declared in the Bible, when saying that we have been Created to "image and likeness of GOD".
This statement gives us a fairly superior representation of what We Are. Explain that we Are Beings having the capacities that set man apart from the other animals—ways in which humans resemble God, such as in the characteristics of reason, morality, language, a capacity for relationships governed by love and commitment, and creativity in all forms of art. We are a Whole and unique "Soul", meaning this, we are Being-god-likeness.
All these insights can be put together by observing that the resemblances (man is like God in a series of ways) allow mankind to represent God in ruling, and to establish worthy relationships with God, with one another, and with the rest of the creation.
Bill Wiltrack

Post by Bill Wiltrack »

So with that in mind Ale, I guess that this guy will be asking WTF am I?:

Pope’s Pedophilia Adviser’s Priest Arrested For Pedophilia
by Wonkette Jr.
11:20 am May 27, 2011
167 Comments 5889 Views

Has the Pope stamped out the organizational problem of pedophilia, yet? Umm … check back in a few years, maybe, when all these creepy hundred-year-old child diddlers have died and gone to heaven?

GENOA – The latest sex-abuse case to rock the Catholic Church is unfolding in the archdiocese of an influential Italian Cardinal who has been working with Pope Benedict XVI on reforms to respond to prior scandals of pedophile priests.

Father Riccardo Seppia, a 51-year-old parish priest in the village of Sastri Ponente, near Genoa, was arrested last Friday, May 13, on pedophilia and drug charges. Investigators say that in tapped mobile-phone conversations, Seppia asked a Moroccan drug dealer to arrange sexual encounters with young and vulnerable boys. “I do not want 16-year-old boys but younger. Fourteen-year-olds are O.K. Look for needy boys who have family issues.”

http://www.time.com/time/world/article/ ... =rss-world

.................................Image

......................................Welcome to the forum Ale Martínez!