Is Science Going To End?

Discussion of articles that appear in the magazine.

Moderators: AMod, iMod

seeds

Re: Is Science Going To End?

Post by seeds »

Eodnhoj7 wrote: Sat Oct 21, 2017 6:11 pm They will keep having to make bigger and bigger colliders in the form of a "circle" until they realize that the physical universe is the only "real" collider.
This reminds me of the tentative suggestion based on quantum theory itself that “consciousness creates reality.”

I say that because this building of larger and more powerful colliders is simply a situation where physicists (consciousness) are attempting to grasp the infinitely malleable essence from which the fabric of reality is woven and then shaping it into the reality they “wish” to see (collisions of particles at extreme velocities).

Whereas according to certain interpretations of quantum theory, at the deepest levels of the quantum, there are no particles with any specific locations or attributes, and it is the very nature of our measuring devices (like colliders) that assign the attributes we are looking for - to that of reality’s nebulous underpinning.
Eodnhoj7 wrote: Sat Oct 21, 2017 6:11 pm At the end of the day modern science wants to "enframe" the universe, not understand it. It is strictly a power play based on ignorance. It is like the middle ages except where man "reached out" of himself in search of God by exclaiming a higher power modern man uses metal tables as altar's of sacrifice towards his own ego.

They say the sacrificial system is dead but both systems modern and old:

1) Still practice ritual: Ancient in forms of mediation and prayer, Modern in the form of the scientific method.

2) Both practiced animal sacrifice in attempts to gain knowledge and alleviate suffering.

3) Both build idols as extension of the natural world: Ancient in the form of "statues", Modern in the form of Social media technology. Both are rooted in stone and metal.

4) Both are systems of measurement with which to understand the nature of the world.

5) Both pray and contemplate towards altars: Ancient with a table of metal and stone, Modern with a table of metal and stone as "social media" technology.

6) Both seek to control the natural world: Ancient within the will of [the] God[s], Modern within the will of Man as God.

7) Both have hierarchies rarely question.

8) Both are systems of belief as their is no "full evidence" that either system entirely "works". This is considering that both contain as foundations the "axiom" as self-evidence. In this respect both are extensions of man's will. The ancients sought to work with or appease [the] God[s], the moderns seek to overcome [the] God[s].

9) The ancient's viewed everything as a Mystery. The Modern view everything as a Problem.

10) The ancient's valued circular reasoning as a form of self-reflection through which we are not only better able to understand ourselves and the world around us but maintain a median with it. The modern's value linear reason as a form of continual self-projection without self reflection. In this respect they divided both themselves and the environment around them as the "line" exists as a form of "deficiency" or "subtraction/division".

And I can go further, but I have come to learn people hate long posts.
I don’t think it is so much that people hate long posts, they just prefer them to contain interesting and insightful ideas, such as those in your well stated, 10 point list above.

Nicely done, Eodnhoj7.
_______
Eodnhoj7

Re: Is Science Going To End?

Post by Eodnhoj7 »

"This reminds me of the tentative suggestion based on quantum theory itself that “consciousness creates reality.”

I say that because this building of larger and more powerful colliders is simply a situation where physicists (consciousness) are attempting to grasp the infinitely malleable essence from which the fabric of reality is woven and then shaping it into the reality they “wish” to see (collisions of particles at extreme velocities).

Whereas according to certain interpretations of quantum theory, at the deepest levels of the quantum, there are no particles with any specific locations or attributes, and it is the very nature of our measuring devices (like colliders) that assign the attributes we are looking for - to that of reality’s nebulous underpinning."

Bingo! The thread can end now.