A Conversation With Simone Weil

Discussion of articles that appear in the magazine.

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Nick_A

Re: A Conversation With Simone Weil

Post by Nick_A »

vegetariantaxidermy wrote:
Nick_A wrote:Notice how easily the clique descends into misogyny. The clique lacks the intellect and emotional intelligence to discuss rationally. it must descend into mindless misogyny in the case of a woman.

Now let's see if they have the nerve to call Rick Lewis ugly. He is a man so they will lack the nerve.

https://www.google.com/search?q=rick+le ... SRCI6hWCWM:

The clique gets its courage from the mutual support of their ignorance. In this case their ignorance reveals itself in their misogyny. If they deny it, let's see them call Rick Lewis ugly.
Funny you should say that. I was just a minute ago discussing the fact that you are completely devoid of even a hint of a sense of humour. I don't suppose you are American are you? They take everything literally. It's quite bizarre.
Oh, and I see you were defending the 'right' of some thugs to torture a turtle. I don't suppose you were being ironic? Is that too much to hope for?
It fits though. The sadistic psychopath shedding crocodile tears over the tyranny of misogyny. :roll:
Hmm, I remember you now. The pompous, self-important, pseudo-intellectual twat who is obsessed with Simone Weill.

You have sunk so deeply into misogyny that you even call me a twat when you should be calling me a p****. A twat is more repulsive for you than a p**** because of your anti-women bigotry. I’m still waiting for you to call Rick Lewis an ugly twat. Why not? This thread is about his editorial and I’ve posted how Simone Weil elaborated on the idea of rights. If she is ugly and I am a twat, why isn’t Rick Lewis an ugly twat in the spirit of equality since this thread deals with his editorial? Your bigotry makes it impossible for you to accept the equality of twats and pricks but insist on expressing only misogyny. It is sad and it doesn’t appear the clique will ever change. Its glorified bigotry will always remain dominant.
vegetariantaxidermy

Post by vegetariantaxidermy »

Nick_A wrote:
Nick_A wrote:Notice how easily the clique descends into misogyny. The clique lacks the intellect and emotional intelligence to discuss rationally. it must descend into mindless misogyny in the case of a woman.

Now let's see if they have the nerve to call Rick Lewis ugly. He is a man so they will lack the nerve.

The clique gets its courage from the mutual support of their ignorance. In this case their ignorance reveals itself in their misogyny. If they deny it, let's see them call Rick Lewis ugly.
Funny you should say that. I was just a minute ago discussing the fact that you are completely devoid of even a hint of a sense of humour. I don't suppose you are American are you? They take everything literally. It's quite bizarre.
Oh, and I see you were defending the 'right' of some thugs to torture a turtle. I don't suppose you were being ironic? Is that too much to hope for?
It fits though. The sadistic psychopath shedding crocodile tears over the tyranny of misogyny. :roll:
Hmm, I remember you now. The pompous, self-important, pseudo-intellectual twat who is obsessed with Simone Weill.

You have sunk so deeply into misogyny that you even call me a twat when you should be calling me a p****. A twat is more repulsive for you than a p**** because of your anti-women bigotry. I’m still waiting for you to call Rick Lewis an ugly twat. Why not? This thread is about his editorial and I’ve posted how Simone Weil elaborated on the idea of rights. If she is ugly and I am a twat, why isn’t Rick Lewis an ugly twat in the spirit of equality since this thread deals with his editorial? Your bigotry makes it impossible for you to accept the equality of twats and pricks but insist on expressing only misogyny. It is sad and it doesn’t appear the clique will ever change. Its glorified bigotry will always remain dominant.
You are a creepy, sadistic fuck. How's that?

Twat:
a person regarded as stupid or obnoxious.

I can't help it if you have a dirty mind.
Wyman

Post by Wyman »

Now that's the pot calling the kettle black - you are to humor what a bucket of ice water is to an erection.
vegetariantaxidermy

Wyman wrote:

Now that's the pot calling the kettle black - you are to humor what a bucket of ice water is to an erection.
I suppose that's an example of sledge-hammer American 'humour'. Hilarious. :|
Nick_A

Post by Nick_A »

Nick_A wrote:
vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Funny you should say that. I was just a minute ago discussing the fact that you are completely devoid of even a hint of a sense of humour. I don't suppose you are American are you? They take everything literally. It's quite bizarre.

Twat:

twät/
noun
vulgar slang
1.a woman's genitals.

2.a person regarded as stupid or obnoxious.
Because of your misogyny and since I am neither stupid or obnoxious you obviously refer to female genitals.
Excellent! It is typical example of the self absorbed clique mindset of which you are a part. Once Philosophy Now officially changes its name to “Stupidity Now” you will become its chief representative.
Wyman

Post by Wyman »

Wyman wrote:
vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Funny you should say that. I was just a minute ago discussing the fact that you are completely devoid of even a hint of a sense of humour. I don't suppose you are American are you? They take everything literally. It's quite bizarre.
No, I wasn't trying to be humorous so much as to use metaphors and not be too 'literal.'
vegetariantaxidermy

Wyman wrote:
Wyman wrote:
No, I wasn't trying to be humorous so much as to use metaphors and not be too 'literal.'
Oh right. Of course. :|
Nick_A

Post by Nick_A »

Wyman wrote:
vegetariantaxidermy wrote: I suppose that's an example of sledge-hammer American 'humour'. Hilarious. :|
Vege defines humor as the ability to make an arse out of oneself. He does it well.
vegetariantaxidermy

Nick_A wrote:

Twat:

''Twat is also used in the United States as vulgar slang for the vulva.''
I'm not a yank. I have no interest in using yank slang, and I don't care what yanks think it means. It does not mean any such thing where I come from. So you see? The 'misogynist' is you. Would you prefer it if I called you a penis?
Nick_A

Post by Nick_A »

vege, you have proven what you are. You are content to attack women for their appearance yet afraid to do the same with a man even though he is the philosopher that is responsible for the site. This is both misogyny and cowardice. You still believe a woman's value must be determined by her appearance while a man's value is determined by his actions. This is typical of the clique mentality that has come to dominate this site. The clique lives by the joys of mindless condemnation celebrated by its members. Albert Camus called Simone Weil the only great mind of the times. When will someone say this about you? And you have the nerve to practice misogyny as though it represented some sort of superiority. Give it a rest!
vegetariantaxidermy

Nick_A wrote:vege, you have proven what you are. You are content to attack women for their appearance yet afraid to do the same with a man even though he is the philosopher that is responsible for the site. This is both misogyny and cowardice. You still believe a woman's value must be determined by her appearance while a man's value is determined by his actions. This is typical of the clique mentality that has come to dominate this site. The clique lives by the joys of mindless condemnation celebrated by its members. Albert Camus called Simone Weil the only great mind of the times. When will someone say this about you? And you have the nerve to practice misogyny as though it represented some sort of superiority. Give it a rest!
If you say so. It's your fantasy. :|
Harbal

Post by Harbal »

Nick_A wrote: Now let's see if they have the nerve to call Rick Lewis ugly. He is a man so they will lack the nerve.
He looks okay to me, Nick, why do you think he's ugly?
vegetariantaxidermy

Harbal wrote:
Nick_A wrote: Now let's see if they have the nerve to call Rick Lewis ugly. He is a man so they will lack the nerve.
Didn't I say Weil would scrub up quite well with a bit of effort? What's his problem?
Wyman

Post by Wyman »

Nick_A wrote:
Wyman wrote:
Vege defines humor as the ability to make an arse out of oneself. He does it well.
I was under the impression that vege is a 'she.'
Nick_A

Post by Nick_A »

Harbal wrote:
You have proven yourself a mindless mysogynist by introducing appearance into a philosophical theme. It is a typical mindless clique technique for the destruction of objective value. Proving you are not a misogynist requires you to take a stand on Rick Lewis' appearance since his efforts initiated the posting of the article.

You have already posted your subjective impressions of Simone Weil's appearance with the implication that it has something to do with the merits of the article. The same must be true for Rick Lewis. Is your subjective impression of Rick Lewis as that of an ugly man or a handsome man? After that you must explain what it has to do with the article. You cannot say that it doesn't have anything to do with the article because then it would be off topic and since Simone's appearance is on topic, so must Rick Lewis. You have to clarify. In your eyes is Rick Lewis an attractive man or an ugly man? I want to know and perhaps Rick may want to know by now.