What Is The Meaning Of Life?

Discussion of articles that appear in the magazine.

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Belinda
Posts: 1555
Joined: Fri Aug 26, 2016 10:13 am

Re: What Is The Meaning Of Life?

Post by Belinda » Sun Oct 08, 2017 7:11 pm

Nick_A wrote:
Sun Oct 08, 2017 4:36 pm
Science is the path of outer empiricism. It concerns itself with facts proven through dualism. The search to experience objective human meaning and discriminate between reality and fantasy requires inner empiricism. Inner empiricism requires the third dimension of thought. Where science only requires dualism, meaning requires the unity of three forces to be experienced. Science is learned and meaning is remembered. They can coexist but it seems our species is doing the best it can to prevent it for the majority as long as possible.
The rhythm of the sentences, and the use of subordinate clauses,are good but the lexicon is mostly Nick's own.

ken
Posts: 2032
Joined: Mon May 09, 2016 4:14 am

Re: What Is The Meaning Of Life?

Post by ken » Sun Oct 08, 2017 9:36 pm

Dontaskme wrote:
Sun Oct 08, 2017 8:59 am
ken wrote:
Sun Oct 08, 2017 7:01 am

If a person makes absolute and/or truth statements,
But I've never claimed I am making absolute truth statements -
I NEVER said you claimed you make absolute truth statements.

I said, IF a person makes absolute and/or truth statements, ...

I really wish you would read what I DO write. If you do NOT make absolute and/or truth statements, then that is fine, BUT if and when you do, then expect to be challenged. By the way, saying that some certain things are impossible or that people can NOT know certain things are absolute statements. So, if you continue doing that, then you will be challenged. If you do not want to compare ideas and/or do not respond, then you are just showing how much support you have for your ideas.
Dontaskme wrote:
Sun Oct 08, 2017 8:59 am
that's your assumption only, which is why I'm sick of interacting with you, you make too many false assumptions about my motive for being here.
If I have made one assumption just point it out and let's discuss it to see if it really was an assumption let alone a false one. If you do not want to do that, then just saying I make false assumption could well be a totally false claim to begin with.

I NEVER said what you said I wrote so who is making a false assumption or claim now?
Dontaskme wrote:
Sun Oct 08, 2017 8:59 am
I'm simply sharing ideas, not absolute truths, how can that which is only a relative idea know anything about the absolute?
But you said you do not want to share ideas with Me. WHY is that? Do I ask you to clarify what you can not? Do I ask you to elaborate on that what you can not?
Dontaskme wrote:
Sun Oct 08, 2017 8:59 am
that is why I post with the user name dontaskme...I'm simply telling a story using concepts, ...the story is all there is...remember, if humans had never learnt the art of conversation or language, what would be known about anything at all regarding existence ? .. what does a cat or a dog or a fish know about the universe or about being open to receive absolute truths about their existence...? Please get off your condescending soap-box and drop the megaphone already.
What has dogs, cats, or fish for to do with any thing? I am talking with human beings. Human beings are not dogs, cats, not fish.

Dontaskme wrote:
Sun Oct 08, 2017 8:59 am
ken wrote:
Sun Oct 08, 2017 7:01 am
But, obviously, nondual litterature and nondual "masters" do NOT yet have the answers.
There are no answers, only one question to all our answers...it's the divine paradox.
And, what is that one question that you propose is to all our answers?
Dontaskme wrote:
Sun Oct 08, 2017 8:59 am
Relative ideas about the absolute is absurd, now go away, I don't want to hear your voice any more.

.
One or some human beings relative idea about the absolute may be totally absurd, BUT by definition ALL human beings united, collective agreed upon and accepted relative idea about the absolute is the closest we will ever come. Coming together peacefully to discuss, share and compare ideas is HOW we discover and find relatively the absolute truths.

Unfortunately, though, some people do not want to come together in peace and harmony like this. The reason for that is understandable though. People have been "programmed" to think certain ways and the way they do, and some unfortunately believe that discovering and thus knowing truths and that coming together peacefully in harmony is impossible. Learning how to express, by showing, just HOW simple and easy it really is just takes some time. But just getting people to stop fearing and just open up more so that they can elaborate and explain their ideas much more honestly seems to be harder than just learning how to express better.

ken
Posts: 2032
Joined: Mon May 09, 2016 4:14 am

Re: What Is The Meaning Of Life?

Post by ken » Sun Oct 08, 2017 9:42 pm

Belinda wrote:
Sat Oct 07, 2017 10:17 am
Dontaskme wrote;
ken wrote: ↑Sat Oct 07, 2017 5:01 am
Mind does NOT have filters. Thoughts are the actual filters, which can distort what the Mind sees. 'I' am the Mind.
I have not copied the whole of what Ken wrote, so I cannot comment on the above which, taken as copied, is false.
Would you like to explain what exactly is false, and, what the actual truth is then?

Nick_A
Posts: 2122
Joined: Sat Jul 07, 2012 1:23 am

Re: What Is The Meaning Of Life?

Post by Nick_A » Sun Oct 08, 2017 10:50 pm

Ken
Unfortunately, though, some people do not want to come together in peace and harmony like this. The reason for that is understandable though. People have been "programmed" to think certain ways and the way they do, and some unfortunately believe that discovering and thus knowing truths and that coming together peacefully in harmony is impossible. Learning how to express, by showing, just HOW simple and easy it really is just takes some time. But just getting people to stop fearing and just open up more so that they can elaborate and explain their ideas much more honestly seems to be harder than just learning how to express better.
It doesn't work that way Ken. Take the Einstein thread for example. His ideas cannot be discussed because they are not wanted. They disturb the peace of secularism and its belief in peaceful cave life. You will never find those defending life in Plato's cave open to what questions its programmed belief in collective conscious supremacy.

Nick_A
Posts: 2122
Joined: Sat Jul 07, 2012 1:23 am

Re: What Is The Meaning Of Life?

Post by Nick_A » Sun Oct 08, 2017 11:36 pm

DaM, just to let you know I initiated a thread for the Metaphysics board called "The Great unknown....." You may find it easier to express your ideas in the context of the thread questioning what we ARE.

Dontaskme
Posts: 3074
Joined: Sat Mar 12, 2016 2:07 pm

Re: What Is The Meaning Of Life?

Post by Dontaskme » Mon Oct 09, 2017 6:48 am

Belinda wrote:
Sun Oct 08, 2017 7:09 pm
Dontaskme wrote:
Non-duality is not a theory. It's that which does away with all theories. And probably why I'm not understood.
But you told Ken that you did want to compare ideas .You cannot compare ideas if you claim that your idea is the ultimate truth.
I said he can show me his ideas if he wants, but cannot expect them to be responded to which he appears to insist on, which I'm not keen on. I don't operate like that in my world, I believe we all 'know ourselves' quite well enough when we dig deep enough into our own knowing nature, especially if we are a keen seeker of truth..we only turn to others when we think and believe we ourselves are lacking in something...in truth if we are a serious seeker we don't need to seek that knowing externally from someone else as if we haven't got it and they have,and that only they can give it to us, especially when that external source of knowledge is not resonating or in tune with our own frequency. We can listen to others but not expect them to tell us this is how you do it..like Ken does on a regular basis ...when he talks about having to be open all the time. If I ever hear him repeat that ridiculous mantra about ''BEING OPEN'' one more time I think I'm going to vomit all over this forum.

And if you read my latest response to Ken I said I have never claimed that my ideas are the ultimate truth, I may have claimed they are the ultimate truth for me personally at this stage of my understanding, but I would never claim anything I know to be absolute truth, which is what Ken seems to think I'm doing, and that is why I can't discuss with him any more...simply because he is a master art at putting words into other peoples mouths and I find that very off putting and quite frankly rude and arrogant. In fact talking with Ken is actually not very pleasant at all, it's become a really big ordeal for me, and so I'm choosing not to go down that slippery path any more. If he insists in using other people on this forum as to a way of practice makes perfect in learning how to better himself at expressing himself, then I think he should find someone else, some other one who has more to learn from it, and leave me alone. There is nothing Ken can tell me that I don't already know, so I'm not about to get into long laborious time wasting rounds of endless clarifications over and over again with him. It's not how I want to spend the precious time I have left on this earth.



.

Dontaskme
Posts: 3074
Joined: Sat Mar 12, 2016 2:07 pm

Re: What Is The Meaning Of Life?

Post by Dontaskme » Mon Oct 09, 2017 6:56 am

Nick_A wrote:
Sun Oct 08, 2017 11:36 pm
DaM, just to let you know I initiated a thread for the Metaphysics board called "The Great unknown....." You may find it easier to express your ideas in the context of the thread questioning what we ARE.
Great, and you are right of course..I'll be over there soon, so thanks for starting the thread. I'm so done here.

.

Belinda
Posts: 1555
Joined: Fri Aug 26, 2016 10:13 am

Re: What Is The Meaning Of Life?

Post by Belinda » Mon Oct 09, 2017 7:31 am

Dontaskme wrote:

.
we only turn to others when we think and believe we ourselves are lacking in something...in truth if we are a serious seeker we don't need to seek that knowing externally from someone else as if we haven't got it and they have,and that only they can give it to us, especially when that external source of knowledge is not resonating or in tune with our own frequency.
I can't understand a grown woman , which I suppose you are, who believes that she lacks nothing of knowledge or wisdom. Do you actually feel that you know all you need to know?

"Not resonating in tune with our own frequency" I do understand . True , Ken nor anybody else can make you reply if you don't want to.

I believe that you are mistaken in your belief that "we don't need to seek that knowing externally from somebody else". You would not want someone else to do all of your thinking for you. But I can't see any possibility that others' ideas are irrelevant to you . After all, little Dontsaskme the tiny newborn did not arrive as a believer in non dualism. Somebody must have written the books,or given the talks ,or otherwise communicated the idea to you at some time.

Dontaskme
Posts: 3074
Joined: Sat Mar 12, 2016 2:07 pm

Re: What Is The Meaning Of Life?

Post by Dontaskme » Mon Oct 09, 2017 8:21 am

Belinda wrote:
Mon Oct 09, 2017 7:31 am

I can't understand a grown woman , which I suppose you are, who believes that she lacks nothing of knowledge or wisdom. Do you actually feel that you know all you need to know?
You have misinterpreted me what I meant. But no problem it seems to be the insanity that is the human mind...I meant there is nothing another person can give to us in the form of knowledge of our ''own self'' that we don't already know within ourselves.

And no I never implied I know all I needed to know, I said I know crucially that the first step toward wisdom is to ''know thyself''...that's all I meant...and that once that ''knowing thy real self'' is well and truly established, all else will be added unto thee...so to speak.
Belinda wrote:
Mon Oct 09, 2017 7:31 am
"Not resonating in tune with our own frequency" I do understand . True , Ken nor anybody else can make you reply if you don't want to.

I believe that you are mistaken in your belief that "we don't need to seek that knowing externally from somebody else". You would not want someone else to do all of your thinking for you. But I can't see any possibility that others' ideas are irrelevant to you . After all, little Dontsaskme the tiny newborn did not arrive as a believer in non dualism. Somebody must have written the books,or given the talks ,or otherwise communicated the idea to you at some time.
And just who the heck do you think that ''SOMEBODY'' is? ...this is not something to be known by a ''Someone''
....You already are the ''Knowing Self'' which is the ''SAME KNOWING SELF WITHIN ALL OF US...it's not external to us. Please keep your ignorance to yourself, and stop projecting it as if I was the ignorant one.

I'm simply saying Nondual reality exists throughout all stages of human growth from conception of sperm and egg, to babyhood right through to old age...in essence, what we are essentially has never even left the place where sperm and egg combined ...do you see that?

...therefore, Nondual reality does not have to be taught, it is reality already, it is what you are. There is no one to believe in being to be being, there is only being. That's what this speaking is pointing to..it's pointing one back to the place they never left.

Stop projecting your own beliefs onto me, that are not mine....I've already explained why there is no external teaching separate from your own teacher within...toward self realising 'thy own self'...

So what I'm talking about here,is how I have made repeated requests to Ken to stop responding to my posts, but he doesn't honor those requests because in my opinion he is a psychopathic troll. He constantly tells me ''this is how you do it'' and then denies he's saying that to me when he knows full well he is saying it to me...he repeatedly points out to me that if you don't see it this way..''you will never learn anything''

Seriously, telling other people ''how to do something'' when they can't is totally disrespectful, and that just about sums it up really.

.

Belinda
Posts: 1555
Joined: Fri Aug 26, 2016 10:13 am

Re: What Is The Meaning Of Life?

Post by Belinda » Mon Oct 09, 2017 8:50 am

ken wrote:
Sun Oct 08, 2017 9:42 pm
Belinda wrote:
Sat Oct 07, 2017 10:17 am
Dontaskme wrote;
ken wrote: ↑Sat Oct 07, 2017 5:01 am
Mind does NOT have filters. Thoughts are the actual filters, which can distort what the Mind sees. 'I' am the Mind.
I have not copied the whole of what Ken wrote, so I cannot comment on the above which, taken as copied, is false.
Would you like to explain what exactly is false, and, what the actual truth is then?
What I said was false is what I wrote, above which you copied verbatim.

The " actual truth" of what? The mind? You want to learn theories of mind? I can direct you to better sources of information than I.

ken
Posts: 2032
Joined: Mon May 09, 2016 4:14 am

Re: What Is The Meaning Of Life?

Post by ken » Tue Oct 10, 2017 10:34 am

Belinda wrote:
Mon Oct 09, 2017 8:50 am
ken wrote:
Sun Oct 08, 2017 9:42 pm
Belinda wrote:
Sat Oct 07, 2017 10:17 am
Dontaskme wrote;



I have not copied the whole of what Ken wrote, so I cannot comment on the above which, taken as copied, is false.
Would you like to explain what exactly is false, and, what the actual truth is then?
What I said was false is what I wrote, above which you copied verbatim.
I misinterpreted what you said and so thought you were saying that what I wrote was false. My apologies.

I am totally unclear about what you are saying, even after what you wrote here, but I will leave it alone, if you want to also.
Belinda wrote:
Mon Oct 09, 2017 8:50 am
The " actual truth" of what? The mind? You want to learn theories of mind? I can direct you to better sources of information than I.
This part of My question was in relation to the other part but seeing as I totally misinterpreted what you said this question is defunct.

ken
Posts: 2032
Joined: Mon May 09, 2016 4:14 am

Re: What Is The Meaning Of Life?

Post by ken » Tue Oct 10, 2017 10:56 am

Nick_A wrote:
Sun Oct 08, 2017 10:50 pm
Ken
Unfortunately, though, some people do not want to come together in peace and harmony like this. The reason for that is understandable though. People have been "programmed" to think certain ways and the way they do, and some unfortunately believe that discovering and thus knowing truths and that coming together peacefully in harmony is impossible. Learning how to express, by showing, just HOW simple and easy it really is just takes some time. But just getting people to stop fearing and just open up more so that they can elaborate and explain their ideas much more honestly seems to be harder than just learning how to express better.
It doesn't work that way Ken.
WHAT does not work?

And WHAT way?
Nick_A wrote:
Sun Oct 08, 2017 10:50 pm
Take the Einstein thread for example.
Which Einstein thread, and do you want Me to read it all?
Nick_A wrote:
Sun Oct 08, 2017 10:50 pm
His ideas cannot be discussed because they are not wanted.
What ideas, and who does not "want" those ideas?

And, what do you mean by "want"?
Nick_A wrote:
Sun Oct 08, 2017 10:50 pm
They disturb the peace of secularism and its belief in peaceful cave life. You will never find those defending life in Plato's cave open to what questions its programmed belief in collective conscious supremacy.
I have absolutely no idea of what you are saying here.

ken
Posts: 2032
Joined: Mon May 09, 2016 4:14 am

Re: What Is The Meaning Of Life?

Post by ken » Tue Oct 10, 2017 11:40 am

Dontaskme wrote:
Mon Oct 09, 2017 6:48 am
Belinda wrote:
Sun Oct 08, 2017 7:09 pm
Dontaskme wrote:
Non-duality is not a theory. It's that which does away with all theories. And probably why I'm not understood.
But you told Ken that you did want to compare ideas .You cannot compare ideas if you claim that your idea is the ultimate truth.
I said he can show me his ideas if he wants, but cannot expect them to be responded to which he appears to insist on, which I'm not keen on.

Why the fascination with ken? I did not see belinda saying about ken other than the reply you made to ken. i NEVER expect you to respond to my ideas and so also NEVER insist on you responding to them. I, however, will always ask for clarification, evidence, proof, support, elaboration and/or for more explanation of your ideas. If you can or can not provide that, then so be it. I do NOT insist on any thing, especially in regards to what I observe.

How I read, what was posed to you, was, because you claim non-duality does away with all theories, therefore, to you, non-duality is the ultimate truth.

So, in other words, you are literally unable to compare any other (person's) ideas whatsoever because you ultimately believe that your idea of non-duality is the ultimate truth.

The evidence for this can be better seen in your following words, specifically;
Dontaskme wrote:
Mon Oct 09, 2017 6:48 am
I don't operate like that in my world, I believe we all 'know ourselves' quite well enough when we dig deep enough into our own knowing nature, especially if we are a keen seeker of truth..we only turn to others when we think and believe we ourselves are lacking in something...in truth if we are a serious seeker we don't need to seek that knowing externally from someone else as if we haven't got it and they have,and that only they can give it to us, especially when that external source of knowledge is not resonating or in tune with our own frequency. We can listen to others but not expect them to tell us this is how you do it..like Ken does on a regular basis ...when he talks about having to be open all the time. If I ever hear him repeat that ridiculous mantra about ''BEING OPEN'' one more time I think I'm going to vomit all over this forum.

And if you read my latest response to Ken I said I have never claimed that my ideas are the ultimate truth, I may have claimed they are the ultimate truth for me personally at this stage of my understanding, but I would never claim anything I know to be absolute truth, which is what Ken seems to think I'm doing, and that is why I can't discuss with him any more...simply because he is a master art at putting words into other peoples mouths and I find that very off putting and quite frankly rude and arrogant. In fact talking with Ken is actually not very pleasant at all, it's become a really big ordeal for me, and so I'm choosing not to go down that slippery path any more. If he insists in using other people on this forum as to a way of practice makes perfect in learning how to better himself at expressing himself, then I think he should find someone else, some other one who has more to learn from it, and leave me alone. There is nothing Ken can tell me that I don't already know, so I'm not about to get into long laborious time wasting rounds of endless clarifications over and over again with him. It's not how I want to spend the precious time I have left on this earth.



.

ken
Posts: 2032
Joined: Mon May 09, 2016 4:14 am

Re: What Is The Meaning Of Life?

Post by ken » Tue Oct 10, 2017 12:38 pm

Dontaskme wrote:
Mon Oct 09, 2017 8:21 am
Belinda wrote:
Mon Oct 09, 2017 7:31 am

I can't understand a grown woman , which I suppose you are, who believes that she lacks nothing of knowledge or wisdom. Do you actually feel that you know all you need to know?
You have misinterpreted me what I meant. But no problem it seems to be the insanity that is the human mind...I meant there is nothing another person can give to us in the form of knowledge of our ''own self'' that we don't already know within ourselves.

And no I never implied I know all I needed to know, I said I know crucially that the first step toward wisdom is to ''know thyself''...that's all I meant...and that once that ''knowing thy real self'' is well and truly established, all else will be added unto thee...so to speak.
Belinda wrote:
Mon Oct 09, 2017 7:31 am
"Not resonating in tune with our own frequency" I do understand . True , Ken nor anybody else can make you reply if you don't want to.

I believe that you are mistaken in your belief that "we don't need to seek that knowing externally from somebody else". You would not want someone else to do all of your thinking for you. But I can't see any possibility that others' ideas are irrelevant to you . After all, little Dontsaskme the tiny newborn did not arrive as a believer in non dualism. Somebody must have written the books,or given the talks ,or otherwise communicated the idea to you at some time.
And just who the heck do you think that ''SOMEBODY'' is? ...this is not something to be known by a ''Someone''
....You already are the ''Knowing Self'' which is the ''SAME KNOWING SELF WITHIN ALL OF US...it's not external to us. Please keep your ignorance to yourself, and stop projecting it as if I was the ignorant one.

I'm simply saying Nondual reality exists throughout all stages of human growth from conception of sperm and egg, to babyhood right through to old age...in essence, what we are essentially has never even left the place where sperm and egg combined ...do you see that?

...therefore, Nondual reality does not have to be taught, it is reality already, it is what you are. There is no one to believe in being to be being, there is only being. That's what this speaking is pointing to..it's pointing one back to the place they never left.

Stop projecting your own beliefs onto me, that are not mine....
WHY the disrespectful responses, especially when there are obvious truths being pointed out to you?

WHY do you NOT want to look at what is being said to you? Instead you appear to just ignore that and turn it into some thing else?

Also, I do NOT observe any projecting of others onto you here.
Dontaskme wrote:
Mon Oct 09, 2017 8:21 am
I've already explained why there is no external teaching separate from your own teacher within...toward self realising 'thy own self'...
Do you (dontaskme) know 'thy own self'?

If so, then who or what is it?
Dontaskme wrote:
Mon Oct 09, 2017 8:21 am
So what I'm talking about here,is how I have made repeated requests to Ken to stop responding to my posts, but he doesn't honor those requests because in my opinion he is a psychopathic troll.
Or, maybe I just want you to explain yourself further.
Dontaskme wrote:
Mon Oct 09, 2017 8:21 am
He constantly tells me ''this is how you do it'' and then denies he's saying that to me when he knows full well he is saying it to me...
I have NEVER denied telling every person that being OPEN is the best, simplest and easiest way to discover thee real and true Self, and ALL the other really meaningful answers in Life, in fact.
Dontaskme wrote:
Mon Oct 09, 2017 8:21 am
he repeatedly points out to me that if you don't see it this way..''you will never learn anything''
I have NEVER said that "if you don't see it this way, then you will never learn". You obviously have NOT being reading and seeing what I have been writing and saying. There are two completely different messages here. Just look at the difference between what you (dontaskme) says I have been saying and what I have actually been saying, which I have reiterated in My immediate response before this quote.

Also, it is in fact you (dontaskme) who says things like "if you do not see it my (donaskme's non-duality) way, then you are WRONG". It is from those obvious thoughts, within that head, which are about how non-duality is the ultimate truth, as non-duality does away with all theories, that you are the one who thinks and talks that way.

Your own writings point to this fact, as I have just shown. Whereas, can you show in My writings where I speak like the way you say I do. What i think will be found is that your assumptions are leading you astray, once again. Unless of course you can back up what you say with some support?
Dontaskme wrote:
Mon Oct 09, 2017 8:21 am
Seriously, telling other people ''how to do something'' when they can't is totally disrespectful, and that just about sums it up really.

.
Are you able to clarify what "Sums it up really", means?

And, are you able to clarify, what is it exactly that I tell people how to do, which you say is IMPOSSIBLE to do?

Alluding to some thing, which you then do not clarify, I find very disrespectful.

Telling others what they can NOT do, when it may after all actually be not just possible but in fact a really simple and easy thing to, I also find very disrespectful.

I KNOW what is possible because I HAVE ALREADY DONE IT. If you have not done it nor yet even learned how to do it, then it is better for you if you stopped presuming that you and others can not do it nor learn how to do it. In fact what is better is you REMAIN OPEN so that you CAN discover the truth.

If you continue to claim that you know then truth, then it would be better for you and help you a great deal if you could at least back back up your claim with some sort of evidence and support.

Belinda
Posts: 1555
Joined: Fri Aug 26, 2016 10:13 am

Re: What Is The Meaning Of Life?

Post by Belinda » Tue Oct 10, 2017 1:10 pm

Dontaskme wrote:
Nondual reality does not have to be taught, it is reality already, it is what you are. There is no one to believe in being to be being, there is only being.
But you cannot know the whole of reality. Nobody knows the whole of reality. You may know your own mind, although I doubt this, however Dontaskme's mind is a very small part of reality.

It is not true that there is only being; there are also beings.

Dam wrote:
You already are the ''Knowing Self'' which is the ''SAME KNOWING SELF WITHIN ALL OF US
I am in part a knowing self whose knowledge is incomplete and faulty. I am not the knowing self which would be God if anybody---certainly the knowing self is not Dontaskme.

The same knowing self is not within all of us. You do not know a lot of stuff that I know, and I don't know a lot of stuff that you know.

There are some creatures such as ants , bees, and fungi that approach the status of colony as self.

I don't think that you mean to sound as arrogant as you do. You are struggling to express an eastern, Hindu type of philosophy in the language of a popular guru. You have set yourself a very difficult task, especially since you refuse to learn the language of western philosophy.

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 6 guests