What Is The Meaning Of Life?

Discussion of articles that appear in the magazine.

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Dontaskme
Posts: 3074
Joined: Sat Mar 12, 2016 2:07 pm

Re: What Is The Meaning Of Life?

Post by Dontaskme » Sat Oct 07, 2017 9:13 am

ken wrote:
Sat Oct 07, 2017 5:01 am
Mind does NOT have filters. Thoughts are the actual filters, which can distort what the Mind sees. 'I' am the Mind.


Ken, your preaching to the already converted. Please stop following me by trying to lead me home, I arrived a long time ago.

I have no desire to express myself better as you seem to want to do. We each share different view points along the path to the same destination...get over it, I'm just not interested in how you see your version of the truth, so you are not going to get any clarifications from me...You can show me your version of truth if you like, but you can't expect me to buy into it.. as being the way I see it too...I've already bought into my own version that is true for me, just like you have bought into yours...but thanks for the offer.

The quote above to me is not how I see it either...you say THOUGHTS are the filters, but I say the MIND is the filter, and the reason is ..is because the MIND has to be in first place in order for a thought to ever appear and be recognised and filtered. There has to be a container of thought for thought to be placed. That container is the MIND and the THOUGHT is the contents...

The MIND is not even aware of itself until a thought comes into view ...that thought is what gives rise to there being a mind in the first place...so even the mind is just a thought. Thoughts can't do anything, they are known by the MIND which lies hidden behind every thought and knows each thought as and when it arises in Awareness...Awareness and Mind are interchangeable concepts of the same No-thing thing-in.

So basically, all we are doing is saying the same thing differently, in our own unique styles of thinking.

AND... THERE IS NO ONE WAY OF EXPRESSING THIS IN WORDS....THERE IS ONLY KNOWING THIS.


.

.

Belinda
Posts: 1555
Joined: Fri Aug 26, 2016 10:13 am

Re: What Is The Meaning Of Life?

Post by Belinda » Sat Oct 07, 2017 10:17 am

Dontaskme wrote;
ken wrote: ↑Sat Oct 07, 2017 5:01 am
Mind does NOT have filters. Thoughts are the actual filters, which can distort what the Mind sees. 'I' am the Mind.
I have not copied the whole of what Ken wrote, so I cannot comment on the above which, taken as copied, is false.



Dontaskme wrote:
I have no desire to express myself better as you seem to want to do. We each share different view points along the path to the same destination...get over it, I'm just not interested in how you see your version of the truth, so you are not going to get any clarifications from me...You can show me your version of truth if you like, but you can't expect me to buy into it.. as being the way I see it too...I've already bought into my own version that is true for me, just like you have bought into yours...but thanks for the offer.
But why post at all , unless you want to compare and contrast ideas?

(DAM)
The quote above to me is not how I see it either...you say THOUGHTS are the filters, but I say the MIND is the filter, and the reason is ..is because the MIND has to be in first place in order for a thought to ever appear and be recognised and filtered. There has to be a container of thought for thought to be placed. That container is the MIND and the THOUGHT is the contents...
But the mind is not a physical thing like a container and its contents is a physical thing. Mind is the subjective aspect of brain.

(DAM)
The MIND is not even aware of itself until a thought comes into view ...that thought is what gives rise to there being a mind in the first place...so even the mind is just a thought. Thoughts can't do anything, they are known by the MIND which lies hidden behind every thought and knows each thought as and when it arises in Awareness...Awareness and Mind are interchangeable concepts of the same No-thing thing-in.
(Google)
In philosophy, idealism is the group of philosophies which assert that reality, or reality as we can know it, is fundamentally mental, mentally constructed, or otherwise immaterial.
The above, from Google, is fair enough albeit lacking in discussion or details. Dontaskme has throughout her presence on this forum (insofar as I understand her), shown herself to be an idealist. Personally I feel that it would be nice if she could understand alternative theories of existence.

ken
Posts: 2032
Joined: Mon May 09, 2016 4:14 am

Re: What Is The Meaning Of Life?

Post by ken » Sat Oct 07, 2017 1:04 pm

Dontaskme wrote:
Sat Oct 07, 2017 9:13 am
ken wrote:
Sat Oct 07, 2017 5:01 am
Mind does NOT have filters. Thoughts are the actual filters, which can distort what the Mind sees. 'I' am the Mind.


Ken, your preaching to the already converted. Please stop following me by trying to lead me home, I arrived a long time ago.

I have no desire to express myself better as you seem to want to do. We each share different view points along the path to the same destination...get over it, I'm just not interested in how you see your version of the truth, so you are not going to get any clarifications from me...You can show me your version of truth if you like, but you can't expect me to buy into it.. as being the way I see it too...I've already bought into my own version that is true for me, just like you have bought into yours...but thanks for the offer.

The quote above to me is not how I see it either...you say THOUGHTS are the filters, but I say the MIND is the filter, and the reason is ..is because the MIND has to be in first place in order for a thought to ever appear and be recognised and filtered. There has to be a container of thought for thought to be placed. That container is the MIND and the THOUGHT is the contents...

The MIND is not even aware of itself until a thought comes into view ...that thought is what gives rise to there being a mind in the first place...so even the mind is just a thought. Thoughts can't do anything, they are known by the MIND which lies hidden behind every thought and knows each thought as and when it arises in Awareness...Awareness and Mind are interchangeable concepts of the same No-thing thing-in.

So basically, all we are doing is saying the same thing differently, in our own unique styles of thinking.

AND... THERE IS NO ONE WAY OF EXPRESSING THIS IN WORDS....THERE IS ONLY KNOWING THIS.
To Me there is a way of saying this so that every one can fully comprehend and understand this, whereas, you believe that explaining this is impossible. To you one simply cannot teach another the Non-dual truth using words, but you yourself keep attempting to do this even though you know and say that it is completely futile to keep doing so.

Dontaskme
Posts: 3074
Joined: Sat Mar 12, 2016 2:07 pm

Re: What Is The Meaning Of Life?

Post by Dontaskme » Sat Oct 07, 2017 5:10 pm

ken wrote:
Sat Oct 07, 2017 1:04 pm
To Me there is a way of saying this so that every one can fully comprehend and understand this,
Great, just don't involve me in any more of your expressions, I'm sick of tail chasing with you.

ken wrote:
Sat Oct 07, 2017 1:04 pm
whereas, you believe that explaining this is impossible. To you one simply cannot teach another the Non-dual truth using words, but you yourself keep attempting to do this even though you know and say that it is completely futile to keep doing so.
Absolutely not true, I'm not attempting to do anything of the sort.
I say words can be used as pointers, pointing one back to original source, but very difficult to do using concepts since that defeats the object. The final 'ah ha' moment is purely within an internal realisation of the mind remembering itself with the help of the conceptual pointers.
The words alone don't cut it, there's got to be a deliberate intention to follow the pointers to what they are actually pointing to and not pointing to, and it is life only that wills that intention in a particular person, but not in everyone..some will read the words and just think 'meh!'..or 'what the fuck!' and leave it well alone.

But for the more serious hard core seeker, there is a relentless not giving-up and a strong will to search through many interpretations as they possibly can.The words alone are like pieces of a very large jigsaw puzzle, and not until every single piece of that puzzle is set in place in the mind, the picture will not emerge. And even then just as we think the picture is complete, there is then another discovery to make which is of an even higher understanding. More information starts to come in. Evolution is a never ending story, it's infinite for eternity.

Once we've walked through one door, there is another door up ahead, each being the entrance into higher and higher dimensions of reality that have not been revealed to us yet due to the brain not being ripe enough to take in the new conditioning/programming. Lets remember, the brain is a copy of the original big bang moment when the self conceived it's whole self all at once. It seems we only use 10% of it currently. But the brain can only reveal what it is ready to reveal. New information comes streaming into my brain everyday almost, it's like I've become a channel because my mind is so open and is ascending right now.

However, I don't always discuss that information on this forum. On this forum, I tend to stick to the level of understanding the readers can comprehend and not push it too far beyond their scope to grasp what's being said.The brain has to take in a new information that is completely alien to what it has been conditioned and programmed.

So therefore, I don't go with the idea that it can be put into words in the way you think it can, words are fragmented, it takes years and years and years of reading Nondual literature, and many more years listening to different and uniquely individual Nondual masters.

If Ken says it can be put into words, then in a sense that maybe true, but what I'm saying is that not everyone is going to understand it, especially if it's coming from just one author / source only. I don't believe awakening and reconnecting to source is as simple as you make it out to be, but that is just my opinion.

.

.

Dontaskme
Posts: 3074
Joined: Sat Mar 12, 2016 2:07 pm

Re: What Is The Meaning Of Life?

Post by Dontaskme » Sat Oct 07, 2017 7:46 pm

Belinda wrote:
Sat Oct 07, 2017 10:17 am

But why post at all , unless you want to compare and contrast ideas?
That's exactly what I'm doing, showing a contrasting idea.

However..I have made the decision not to interact with Ken for my own personal reasons, which is, I don't want to get tangled up with his need for better expression by clarifying points over and over again...I don't see it as beneficial for me personally, but for others it maybe very beneficial, so I'm not denying him that experience on the forum if that's what he wants to do, but for me personally I don't want to get involved with a dialog of that nature.

.

Dontaskme
Posts: 3074
Joined: Sat Mar 12, 2016 2:07 pm

Re: What Is The Meaning Of Life?

Post by Dontaskme » Sat Oct 07, 2017 8:16 pm

Belinda wrote:
Sat Oct 07, 2017 10:17 am

But the mind is not a physical thing like a container and its contents is a physical thing. Mind is the subjective aspect of brain.
I was using the word container as a metaphor for emptiness.

____

Consciousness or Mind is an infinite field of Awareness.

Consciousness Mind and Awareness are interchangeable words used to describe the same field.

Consciousness is the field of Pure Subjectivity or Pure Awareness and Subject and Object are aspects of One Unified Field.

If there is a desire to understand the interchangeability of the words Awareness Consciousness and Mind ...and how to reach Turiya state of unbounded Awareness...I recommend reading this book...


https://www.amazon.co.uk/Big-Fish-Consc ... +and+Space


.

ken
Posts: 2032
Joined: Mon May 09, 2016 4:14 am

Re: What Is The Meaning Of Life?

Post by ken » Sun Oct 08, 2017 6:53 am

Dontaskme wrote:
Sat Oct 07, 2017 5:10 pm
ken wrote:
Sat Oct 07, 2017 1:04 pm
To Me there is a way of saying this so that every one can fully comprehend and understand this,
Great, just don't involve me in any more of your expressions, I'm sick of tail chasing with you.
How do I involve you? Am I forcing you to become involved?

The only way I am involving you is by asking you to elaborate and explain more about what you are trying to say, or I ask you to clarify some of the things you are saying. Unfortunately though you do none of this but instead get involved in your own way, which is to say that some things are impossible, without proof, and also try to express some things as absolutely true, also without proof nor evidence.

When, and if, you discover the reason WHY you are tail chasing, then you will be able to stop doing that. The reason you are chasing your own tail is very obvious. I am NOT tail chasing with you at all, as I am learning much more about how to express better when I discuss with you and every other person in this forum.
Dontaskme wrote:
Sat Oct 07, 2017 5:10 pm
ken wrote:
Sat Oct 07, 2017 1:04 pm
whereas, you believe that explaining this is impossible. To you one simply cannot teach another the Non-dual truth using words, but you yourself keep attempting to do this even though you know and say that it is completely futile to keep doing so.
Absolutely not true, I'm not attempting to do anything of the sort.
You are not attempting to do anything of what, exactly?
Dontaskme wrote:
Sat Oct 07, 2017 5:10 pm
I say words can be used as pointers, pointing one back to original source, but very difficult to do using concepts since that defeats the object. The final 'ah ha' moment is purely within an internal realisation of the mind remembering itself with the help of the conceptual pointers.
Is this 'mind' that you allude to here the same mind as the one when you use the term 'my mind'?

If not, then what is the difference exactly?
Dontaskme wrote:
Sat Oct 07, 2017 5:10 pm
The words alone don't cut it, there's got to be a deliberate intention to follow the pointers to what they are actually pointing to and not pointing to, and it is life only that wills that intention in a particular person, but not in everyone..some will read the words and just think 'meh!'..or 'what the fuck!' and leave it well alone.
Are you suggesting that life only wills that intention in some but not in others? If so, WHY would life be doing that?

If that is not what you are suggesting, then WHY did I read to that pointing in what you said here?
Dontaskme wrote:
Sat Oct 07, 2017 5:10 pm
But for the more serious hard core seeker, there is a relentless not giving-up and a strong will to search through many interpretations as they possibly can.
But you, if I have this right, have said it is only life that wills that intention in a particular person, so if as you call 'the more serious hard core seeker' has absolutely no control over how much or how little they seek because life is controlling this, then just maybe that person has seen the big picture of Life already, because Life, Itself, has already willed that to happen.

To explain this using your terminology the reason you are still seeking is because Life has only willed the intention of being a seeker in you. That is why you are still a seeker. For some of us, however, Life has already shown the big and true picture. For us the jigsaw puzzle has already been put together, fitted perfectly, which is producing a crystal clear picture. The reason why some of us have had this fully revealed to already is because of, one word, honesty.
Dontaskme wrote:
Sat Oct 07, 2017 5:10 pm
The words alone are like pieces of a very large jigsaw puzzle, and not until every single piece of that puzzle is set in place in the mind, the picture will not emerge.
If as you suggest 'mind' is an infinite field of Awareness, then the full and complete jigsaw puzzle is already set in place. Always has been in fact.
Dontaskme wrote:
Sat Oct 07, 2017 5:10 pm
And even then just as we think the picture is complete, there is then another discovery to make which is of an even higher understanding. More information starts to come in. Evolution is a never ending story, it's infinite for eternity.
If that is what is happening for you, then I suggest if you want to speed the process up somewhat being more honest and be more willing to accept that you need to change, for the better, will help you to put that puzzle together so that you can see things much more clearer.
Dontaskme wrote:
Sat Oct 07, 2017 5:10 pm
Once we've walked through one door, there is another door up ahead, each being the entrance into higher and higher dimensions of reality that have not been revealed to us yet due to the brain not being ripe enough to take in the new conditioning/programming.
The brain is already ripe enough, which will be proven. The key to opening up all the doors much quicker is honesty, itself, and when you have the key and thus are able to open up, all those doors, just about instantly, then understanding how to get through all doors at once has already been experienced, and thus the HOW of being able to do this is also already known.
Dontaskme wrote:
Sat Oct 07, 2017 5:10 pm
Lets remember, the brain is a copy of the original big bang moment when the self conceived it's whole self all at once.
But who states that the big bang moment was when the whole self was conceived all at once? In infinite wisdom the big bang was NOT the
conception of "its" whole self, all at once. The big bang was just a part of and just a moment in the whole Self, that is the Universe, Itself.

To Me, the brain receives information, from all or any of the five senses of the body, and then expresses that information as thoughts. The brain also instructs the body how to behave, or misbehave, which may some times just be the case.
Dontaskme wrote:
Sat Oct 07, 2017 5:10 pm
It seems we only use 10% of it currently. But the brain can only reveal what it is ready to reveal.
Or, the brain can only reveal what has already been revealed to it. The best way to have all the meaningful answers revealed to you is by being fully and completely open. The best, quickest and simplest way to be fully and completely open is to be truly honest and NOT have any beliefs at all. Disbelieving has just as strong disability effect as believing does. Through assuming, believing, and disbelieving thoughts, coming from the brain, can very easily disable the ability to learn, understand, and reason.
Dontaskme wrote:
Sat Oct 07, 2017 5:10 pm
New information comes streaming into my brain everyday almost,
I can assure you that new information is streaming into that brain EVERY day. How open you are to it, is another matter.
Dontaskme wrote:
Sat Oct 07, 2017 5:10 pm
it's like I've become a channel because my mind is so open and is ascending right now.
What do you mean by 'my' and by 'mind'? Where is this and what is this 'my mind'?
Dontaskme wrote:
Sat Oct 07, 2017 5:10 pm
However, I don't always discuss that information on this forum. On this forum, I tend to stick to the level of understanding the readers can comprehend and not push it too far beyond their scope to grasp what's being said.
But a lot of what you say can come across extremely contradictory and very confusingly. To Me, what you are trying to say is very easily understood already, but if you can not clarify nor elaborate and explain further what you actually do say, then the actual level of understanding is being shown or not shown, which just may be the case.
Dontaskme wrote:
Sat Oct 07, 2017 5:10 pm
The brain has to take in a new information that is completely alien to what it has been conditioned and programmed.
So what? This has been happening since human beings came into being.
Dontaskme wrote:
Sat Oct 07, 2017 5:10 pm
So therefore, I don't go with the idea that it can be put into words in the way you think it can, words are fragmented, it takes years and years and years of reading Nondual literature, and many more years listening to different and uniquely individual Nondual masters.
But, obviously, nondual litterature and nondual "masters" do NOT yet have the answers.

WHY study some thing that does NOT have the answers anyway? Especially considering ALL the answers are within the truly OPEN person already. You only need to learn how to become completely open in order to discover that the answers are already here within you.
Dontaskme wrote:
Sat Oct 07, 2017 5:10 pm
If Ken says it can be put into words, then in a sense that maybe true, but what I'm saying is that not everyone is going to understand it, especially if it's coming from just one author / source only.
What if that One author/source IS the pure One?

Remember to Me the 'pure One' is the united and collective of EVERY one as One, anyway. Surely this author/source already has ALL the answers?

Learning HOW to become fully open so that ALL the answers can be revealed to you is all it takes.
Dontaskme wrote:
Sat Oct 07, 2017 5:10 pm
I don't believe awakening and reconnecting to source is as simple as you make it out to be, but that is just my opinion.

.

.
Until you are shown exactly HOW simple and easy it really is, then you have absolutely NO idea. Not believing that awakening and reconnecting the source is as simple as I say it is, then that means you are NOT open to that even being possible. Until you are OPEN, you are unable to learn and understand this at all. In fact until you are open, then you unable to learn much more than what you already think, assume, and believe is true right now.

ken
Posts: 2032
Joined: Mon May 09, 2016 4:14 am

Re: What Is The Meaning Of Life?

Post by ken » Sun Oct 08, 2017 7:01 am

Dontaskme wrote:
Sat Oct 07, 2017 7:46 pm
Belinda wrote:
Sat Oct 07, 2017 10:17 am

But why post at all , unless you want to compare and contrast ideas?
That's exactly what I'm doing, showing a contrasting idea.

However..I have made the decision not to interact with Ken for my own personal reasons, which is, I don't want to get tangled up with his need for better expression by clarifying points over and over again...
But HOW could you be clarifying points over and over again, if you NEVER answer the actual clarifying question in the first place?

You need to clarify a point at least time before you could even begin to do it over and over again. Also, what you might be clarifying, to yourself, which only supports an already view that you have, does NOT mean that is logically clarified for others. Your continual refusal to look further at what you are actually saying might be one reason WHY you do not like to get to involved?
Dontaskme wrote:
Sat Oct 07, 2017 7:46 pm
I don't see it as beneficial for me personally, but for others it maybe very beneficial, so I'm not denying him that experience on the forum if that's what he wants to do, but for me personally I don't want to get involved with a dialog of that nature.

.
If a person makes absolute and/or truth statements, I see that encouraging that person to elaborate on that statement or explain better that point and/or answer clarifying questions in regards to their point of view, so that they are given the chance to support their position to the full extent is the very nature of logical reasoning dialog, especially in a philosophy forum. If you do NOT want to get involved in that, then that is all right, but some people might wonder WHY you do not want to be fully open and express to your full capability what your actual point of view IS.

Dontaskme
Posts: 3074
Joined: Sat Mar 12, 2016 2:07 pm

Re: What Is The Meaning Of Life?

Post by Dontaskme » Sun Oct 08, 2017 8:59 am

ken wrote:
Sun Oct 08, 2017 7:01 am

If a person makes absolute and/or truth statements,
But I've never claimed I am making absolute truth statements - that's your assumption only, which is why I'm sick of interacting with you, you make too many false assumptions about my motive for being here.
I'm simply sharing ideas, not absolute truths, how can that which is only a relative idea know anything about the absolute? that is why I post with the user name dontaskme...I'm simply telling a story using concepts, ...the story is all there is...remember, if humans had never learnt the art of conversation or language, what would be known about anything at all regarding existence ? .. what does a cat or a dog or a fish know about the universe or about being open to receive absolute truths about their existence...? Please get off your condescending soap-box and drop the megaphone already.

ken wrote:
Sun Oct 08, 2017 7:01 am
But, obviously, nondual litterature and nondual "masters" do NOT yet have the answers.
There are no answers, only one question to all our answers...it's the divine paradox.

Relative ideas about the absolute is absurd, now go away, I don't want to hear your voice any more.

.

Belinda
Posts: 1555
Joined: Fri Aug 26, 2016 10:13 am

Re: What Is The Meaning Of Life?

Post by Belinda » Sun Oct 08, 2017 9:54 am

Dontaskmewrote:
Belinda wrote: ↑Sat Oct 07, 2017 10:17 am

But the mind is not a physical thing like a container and its contents is a physical thing. Mind is the subjective aspect of brain.
I was using the word container as a metaphor for emptiness.
I know it's a metaphor.

But there is no more need for mind to have its own special container than there is for body to have its own special container. To use your metaphor, what 'contains' both mind and body is nature.

You continually talk about the non dual theory. In western philosophy the non dual theory of existence is called the monist theory of existence. The monist theory of existence 'contains' three main monist theories.

1. Idealism

2. Materialism (physicalism in the US)

3. Neutral monism ; i.e. one is not the cause of the other.

Western philosophical lexicon really does simplify ideas, and if you used it instead of the Mystic Meg jargon we could all understand you better.

Dontaskme
Posts: 3074
Joined: Sat Mar 12, 2016 2:07 pm

Re: What Is The Meaning Of Life?

Post by Dontaskme » Sun Oct 08, 2017 10:50 am

Belinda wrote:
Sun Oct 08, 2017 9:54 am
Dontaskmewrote:
Belinda wrote: ↑Sat Oct 07, 2017 10:17 am

But the mind is not a physical thing like a container and its contents is a physical thing. Mind is the subjective aspect of brain.
I was using the word container as a metaphor for emptiness.
I know it's a metaphor.

But there is no more need for mind to have its own special container than there is for body to have its own special container. To use your metaphor, what 'contains' both mind and body is nature.

You continually talk about the non dual theory. In western philosophy the non dual theory of existence is called the monist theory of existence. The monist theory of existence 'contains' three main monist theories.

1. Idealism

2. Materialism (physicalism in the US)

3. Neutral monism ; i.e. one is not the cause of the other.

Western philosophical lexicon really does simplify ideas, and if you used it instead of the Mystic Meg jargon we could all understand you better.
Non-duality is not a theory. It's that which does away with all theories. And probably why I'm not understood.

Also, a rose by any other name is still a rose...< Metaphor for the nameless one.

Take what's of value and leave the rest. You cannot con a con.

.

.

Dontaskme
Posts: 3074
Joined: Sat Mar 12, 2016 2:07 pm

Re: What Is The Meaning Of Life?

Post by Dontaskme » Sun Oct 08, 2017 11:01 am

Belinda wrote:
Sun Oct 08, 2017 9:54 am

Western philosophical lexicon really does simplify ideas, and if you used it instead of the Mystic Meg jargon we could all understand you better.
Understanding comes straight from the source of being, from the heart of knowing, not from the intellect.

This is what understanding looks like >

Re: Is silence language?

Dontaskme wrote: ↑Wed Oct 04, 2017 9:22 am
Q: Is silence language?

A: No, and Yes.

Yes, as a form of silent body language often found in some other areas of nature.

But for the human consciousness, language is a fictional re-presentation of this ever present presentation ( silence)

Without silence there is no language. It is silence that speaks, reads and hears language.

Language is an appearance of silence. Silence is the permanent unchanging essence in which language appears in this conception as conceived by silence conceiving itself.

_________
Response Post by Viveka » Wed Oct 04, 2017 7:54 pm

I love this. :)

.
Stop trying to understand what doesn't need to be understood, then you will understand there is nothing to understand.

.

And just so you know, this is a different programming for the brain that it is not familiar with...just sharing some new programming.

.

Construction can also contain deconstruction.

.

Also, stop making yourself look clever by putting other people down...lift them do not deflate them.

.

I understand that the ego loves to take centre stage, but I also know that it doesn't have to show up to it's own show.


.

Dontaskme
Posts: 3074
Joined: Sat Mar 12, 2016 2:07 pm

Re: What Is The Meaning Of Life?

Post by Dontaskme » Sun Oct 08, 2017 11:24 am

Belinda wrote:
Sun Oct 08, 2017 9:54 am

Western philosophical lexicon really does simplify ideas, and if you used it instead of the Mystic Meg jargon we could all understand you better.
Bye the way, I happen to believe that what appears to be very simple can be very complicated, and that which appears to be complicated can indeed be very simple.

Each to their own.

.

Nick_A
Posts: 2123
Joined: Sat Jul 07, 2012 1:23 am

Re: What Is The Meaning Of Life?

Post by Nick_A » Sun Oct 08, 2017 4:36 pm

Science is the path of outer empiricism. It concerns itself with facts proven through dualism. The search to experience objective human meaning and discriminate between reality and fantasy requires inner empiricism. Inner empiricism requires the third dimension of thought. Where science only requires dualism, meaning requires the unity of three forces to be experienced. Science is learned and meaning is remembered. They can coexist but it seems our species is doing the best it can to prevent it for the majority as long as possible.

Belinda
Posts: 1555
Joined: Fri Aug 26, 2016 10:13 am

Re: What Is The Meaning Of Life?

Post by Belinda » Sun Oct 08, 2017 7:09 pm

Dontaskme wrote:
Non-duality is not a theory. It's that which does away with all theories. And probably why I'm not understood.
But you told Ken that you did want to compare ideas .You cannot compare ideas if you claim that your idea is the ultimate truth.

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 2 guests