There is a New Philosophical language

What did you say? And what did you mean by it?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Bill Wiltrack

There is a New Philosophical language

Post by Bill Wiltrack »

...............................................................................................

.........................................................................................................
Ithkuil

Ithkuil is a cross between an a priori philosophical and a logical language designed to express deeper levels of human cognition overtly and clearly, particularly in regard to human categorization, yet briefly.

The language strives to minimize the ambiguities and semantic vagueness found in natural human languages.

The newly revised Ithkuil language has 45 consonants and 13 vowels.

John

Re: There is a New Philosophical language

Post by John »

Here are some of Bill's "words" compared to the Wikipedia article on Ithkuil:
Bill Wiltrack wrote:Ithkuil is a cross between an a priori philosophical and a logical language designed to express deeper levels of human cognition overtly and clearly, particularly in regard to human categorization, yet briefly.
Wikipedia wrote:The language’s author, John Quijada, presents Ithkuil as a cross between an a priori philosophical and a logical language designed to express deeper levels of human cognition overtly and clearly, particularly in regard to human categorization, yet briefly

Hmmm...looks a bit similar.

Bill Wiltrack wrote:The language strives to minimize the ambiguities and semantic vagueness found in natural human languages.

Wikipedia wrote:It also strives to minimize the ambiguities and semantic vagueness found in natural human languages.

Wow...what a coincidence, that looks like it's been lifted as well. Surely not.

Bill Wiltrack wrote:The newly revised Ithkuil language has 45 consonants and 13 vowels.

Wikipedia wrote:The newly revised Ithkuil has 45 consonants and 13 vowels

Oh look...Wikipedia is quoting Bill again.

Bloody hell Bill do you have no interest at all in posting an original thought here?

You shamelessly lift other people's images and ,whilst we all know they're not you're own, you also shamelessly lift other people's words and try to pass them off as your own.

Are you just a content aggregator neglecting to attribute due ownership of other people's work?

Or are you just a plagiarist out of his depth who thinks he can get by by reproducing other people's ideas?
Arising_uk

Post by Arising_uk »

Looks nice and easy to write!
Bill Wiltrack

Post by Bill Wiltrack »

The links are imbedded within the original words of the post.

The links are found by hovering over the lighter blue words of the post then left clicking when the word appears a red color and is self underlined.

I provided three links within my first original post.

I derived my next two sentences from the links that I already provided.

All three of my links were Wikipedia sites.

Do you know how Wikipedia works?

.Image

Thank you for bringing up this important point.

John

Post by John »

Bill Wiltrack wrote:Do you know how Wikipedia works?
Yes, people write things for people like you to copy and pretend to be intelligent. You've done it before anyway with whole articles that you've lifted from elsewhere without attribution and passed off as your own.

But if we look past all this stuff about attributing sources what you've actually done is reproduce some extracts from a Wiki article, a point that you don't deny. it? As you've offered no opinion or proposition to discuss what do you want us to do with it?
Bill Wiltrack

Post by Bill Wiltrack »

........................................................................................................

Actually, as a philosophical site, I am hoping that members and guests that see what I and others have posted are inspired to present their own opinions.

Use of Wikipedia is part of the total onslaught of media, information and non-linear site aspects that I am ingraining within the Philosophy Now Forum web site.

I am acting as a porthole in bringing to-date information and the most recent commonly accepted facts and opinions here.

For me, part of the success of this forum is the fact that I have have been able to infuse the non-linear elements into my posts here.

My use of images, font size, use of structured Bold, Italic, and Underline features, space, framing of posts, links, GIFs, reference to videos, extensive use of Wiki, acknowledgment of current events, use of metaphors, and simplistic or casual mode of speech allows me to stretch or expand our experience here.

I am attempting to use and understand the most accessible mode of philosophical communication for this medium for the greatest number of people.

When you workout with your physical body it is a process that involves tension. If your doing it right your muscles will feel sore-in a good way, for the next day or two. That is the same way here. Intellectually, we are reluctant to step beyond our comfort zone. If we are to expand as philosophers and as members here we need to make the effort. An effort that will initially not feel comfortable but will ultimately make us stronger.

I will continue trying and using even more non-linear avenues whenever possible.

At times I feel it is more important to seek opinions rather than express my own at certain times.

I hope you better understand at what I am doing here in addition to my own development of philosophical concepts and understandings.

.......................................Image
..........................................The Tower of Babel by M. C. Escher (1928).

I LOVE the concept behind the Ithkuil language.

I don't know if it is rather funny or disheartening when I look at some of our conversations here.

It will not dissuade me from laying my own bricks upon this Tower of Babel that we find our selves slaving to build.

.............................................................................................................
............................................................джон кихада John Quijada американский

Today, no one is known to be able to speak the language of Ithkuil fluently; Even the creator of Ithkuil, John Quijada, does not.

Thank you for this opportunity to share an important concept in my participation here at The Philosophy Now Forums.

Arising_uk

Post by Arising_uk »

Bill Wiltrack wrote:...
Today, no one is known to be able to speak the language of Ithkuil fluently; Even the creator of Ithkuil, John Quijada, does not.
:lol:
Arising_uk

Post by Arising_uk »

What do you mean by this "non-linear", you mean adding pictures? Although more than funny that you appear to have to use words when you wish to actually communicate your thoughts, such as they are.

What do you mean by "philosophical communication"?
I will continue trying and using even more non-linear avenues whenever possible.
'God' help us!
At times I feel it is more important to seek opinions rather than express my own at certain times.
Nope, this is pretty much always the case.
I am acting as a porthole in bringing to-date information and the most recent commonly accepted facts and opinions here.
And yet when I point-out to you where you are in factual error when doing this you still continue to do so?

Do you understand what it is to have a philosophy and be a philosopher? I'll tell you, at base its to have an Ethics, an Epistemology, a Metaphysic and an understanding of Logic, you could also add a philosophy of politics, a philosophy of mind and a philosophy of language. All of them should hang together and reinforce each other. Have this and then you can call yourself a philosopher.
Bill Wiltrack

Post by Bill Wiltrack »

Be more mindful of the way you relate to my posts.

One day you will understand that I have helped you immensely.

When you workout with your physical body it is a process that involves tension. If your doing it right your muscles will feel sore-in a good way, for the next day or two. That is the same way here. Intellectually, we are reluctant to step beyond our comfort zone. If we are to expand as philosophers and as members here we need to make the effort. An effort that will initially not feel comfortable but will ultimately make us stronger.

If you are looking for me to have a self.

If you are looking for me to defend a self.

I cannot help you. There is no self for me to defend.

Fear & hate are two sides of the same coin.

You appear frightened...

Your subsequent actions make you appear as if you are swinging into wind.

Be still and know.

...................................................................Image

Like Barbara Brooks, perhaps your actions belay your sincere attempts to improve yourself and fellow philosophers here at this forum.

Perhaps you should work upon your actions, in hope of one day being better able to reflect those of what a true philosopher would reflect.

You look small. I want more out of you.

It's inside of you. You can do this.

Last edited by Bill Wiltrack on Mon Jan 16, 2012 7:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Arising_uk

Post by Arising_uk »

Bill Wiltrack wrote:Be more mindful of the way you relate to my posts.
What is there to be mindful about? What do you mean by 'mind'?
One day you will understand that I have helped you immensely.
You live a delusion.
It also involves understanding what philosophy has been. :roll:
If you are looking for me to have a self.
Nope, I see and am my self.
If you are looking for me to defend a self.

I cannot help you. There is no self for me to defend.
:roll: Then you are not writing this.
Fear & hate are two sides of the same coin.
No, love and hate or fear and bravery are the two sides, what you say is the same side.
You appear frightened...
Pray tell?
Point them out?
Be still and know.
And yet you are the one who wonders who you are? Refers to oneself in the third-person? Gnu I name thee!
Like Barbara Brooks, perhaps your actions belay your sincere attempts to improve yourself and fellow philosophers here at this forum.

Perhaps you should work upon your actions, in hope of one day being better able to reflect those of what a true philosopher would reflect.
What do you think a 'true philosopher' is?
Your view and wants are of little matter to me.
Your opinion even less.
Bill Wiltrack

Post by Bill Wiltrack »

You appear frightened...

Be still and know.

...................................................................Image

Arising_uk

Post by Arising_uk »

!Squawk! Polly wants a cracker!
chaz wyman

Post by chaz wyman »

Bill Wiltrack wrote:.

.............................................................................................

The newly revised Ithkuil language has 45 consonants and 13 vowels.

My first reaction is that it appears far too complex and cumbersome to be any kind of improvement of a natural language, or of any of its writing systems.
I doubt the claim that an artificial language can banish ambiguity, as that can only be the result of more than one person using a language, and only solved from practice, habituation and context. This language has no context and no practice.
The addition of so many vowels seems pedantic in the extreme when you consider that there are so many systems that find them completely unnecessary.

This sort of thing has crashed and burned before. I recall Esperanto for example.
Bill Wiltrack

Post by Bill Wiltrack »

I think you nailed it Chaz.

Thank you for posting.

Arising_uk

Post by Arising_uk »

Who you talking to? Me? If so,

You are delusional.

Shouldn't you be working on that list of questions I gave you? Instead of cut-pasting more repeats that I've already asked you questions about. You know, the ones you asked for and said you'd answer.

Here's an example of one I've asked you regularly, its to do with this oft repeated phrase that you apparently think is deeep...

"Fear & hate are two sides of the same coin.", so what's this make this coin then?