Truth in our work will always get to the other

What did you say? And what did you mean by it?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Beauty

Truth in our work will always get to the other

Post by Beauty »

What we write, how we say, what we say, when we say, how much we say, why we say, whatever we say and so on and so forth, reflects absolutely what is in our heart/mind. When readers read, they are in effect reading our heart/mind. So if I bring some picture in my work and am thinking how good I am going to look sitting with that pic (not of me of course but of something), then it will get to the reader/onlooker that that was my objective primarily regarding the use of that pic. If I write some words to make me look big, the reader will know that that was my objective primarily regarding the use of those words. Truth in our work will always get to the other, no matter what. Therefore, we must be completely open and honest about our work and must get our intentions right for it is also our intention that will get to the reader, and so that is also what the reader will glimpse. Another example is: Seeing beautiful poetry or brilliant philosophy, instantly many are jealous/envious and will utter a snide remark or comment or could even be downright mean, not to mention being obtuse, vague etcetera. We know right away, the poem is beautiful or the philosophy is brilliant, for no matter what the comment may be, but our heart tells us what the work is. :D What do you think?
Hobbes' Choice

Re: Truth in our work will always get to the other

Post by Hobbes' Choice »

Beauty wrote:What we write, how we say, what we say, when we say, how much we say, why we say, whatever we say and so on and so forth, reflects absolutely what is in our heart/mind. When readers read, they are in effect reading our heart/mind. So if I bring some picture in my work and am thinking how good I am going to look sitting with that pic (not of me of course but of something), then it will get to the reader/onlooker that that was my objective primarily regarding the use of that pic. If I write some words to make me look big, the reader will know that that was my objective primarily regarding the use of those words. Truth in our work will always get to the other, no matter what. Therefore, we must be completely open and honest about our work and must get our intentions right for it is also our intention that will get to the reader, and so that is also what the reader will glimpse. Another example is: Seeing beautiful poetry or brilliant philosophy, instantly many are jealous/envious and will utter a snide remark or comment or could even be downright mean, not to mention being obtuse, vague etcetera. We know right away, the poem is beautiful or the philosophy is brilliant, for no matter what the comment may be, but our heart tells us what the work is. :D What do you think?
SO, let's see a picture!
Beauty

Post by Beauty »

I cannot give you an example of a pic to make me sit looking big with it because at present I have no such intention. However, I can do a kind of simulation and bring some pics up that will help understand as to sitting with those pics how it affects human psyche and we can look big sitting with magnificence. Not that that is wrong, 'cause that is just how things work, psyche works, but if our intention is to actually make ourselves look bigger than we are by sitting with those pics, then that is wrong. Anyways, enjoy the nature pics. They are two in all.
Attachments
2.png
2.png (162.05 KiB) Viewed 2714 times
1.png
1.png (122.04 KiB) Viewed 2714 times
ken

Post by ken »

Beauty wrote:I cannot give you an example of a pic to make me sit looking big with it because at present I have no such intention. However, I can do a kind of simulation and bring some pics up that will help understand as to sitting with those pics how it affects human psyche and we can look big sitting with magnificence. Not that that is wrong, 'cause that is just how things work, psyche works, but if our intention is to actually make ourselves look bigger than we are by sitting with those pics, then that is wrong. Anyways, enjoy the nature pics. They are two in all.
What do you mean by " to actually make ourselves look bigger"?
Beauty

Post by Beauty »

Example: Haven't you seen pics posted on forums, and the immediate impression is that person thought oh! he's going to look so good with that, that is trying to look bigger than we are.
ken

Post by ken »

Beauty wrote:Example: Haven't you seen pics posted on forums, and the immediate impression is that person thought oh! he's going to look so good with that, that is trying to look bigger than we are.
No. I have never imagined nor ever thought like that. I certainly have never thought of anyone as being "bigger" than another.

I am still unsure of what you mean exactly by 'bigger'?

I just think people put pics for reactions.
Terrapin Station

Post by Terrapin Station »

In my experience, people rather often interpret things in ways that have little to do with an author's, artist's, etc. intentions.

I don't buy that it's anywhere near the transparent process you make it out to be.

In fact, what seems to happen more often is that people basically project themselves onto the work at hand. Or at least they project "what would have to be the case with me to produce this work?"

That also often happens with things like juries. People make judgments based on a type of psychological projection, which is why defense attorneys think a lot about their client's appearance, their apparent demeanor, etc. in courtrooms.
Beauty

Post by Beauty »

All I can say is, let's agree to disagree.