Zhuangzi and the guy who forgot the words

What did you say? And what did you mean by it?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Jaded Sage

Zhuangzi and the guy who forgot the words

Post by Jaded Sage »

The fish trap exists because of the fish. Once you've gotten the fish you can forget the trap. The rabbit snare exists because of the rabbit. Once you've gotten the rabbit, you can forget the snare. Words exist because of meaning. Once you've gotten the meaning, you can forget the words. Where can I find a man who has forgotten words so I can talk with him?
What do you think I guy like this would be like?
Impenitent

Re: Zhuangzi and the guy who forgot the words

Post by Impenitent »

he'd hum

-Imp
HexHammer

Post by HexHammer »

Jaded Sage wrote:
The fish trap exists because of the fish. Once you've gotten the fish you can forget the trap. The rabbit snare exists because of the rabbit. Once you've gotten the rabbit, you can forget the snare. Words exist because of meaning. Once you've gotten the meaning, you can forget the words. Where can I find a man who has forgotten words so I can talk with him?
Not very bright, nor are you very bright in wasting time on this.

Fish traps doesn't exist because of fish, fish existed long before man, and then there existed no fish traps, fish traps only exist because of man's hunger, and only a complete retard would discard the fish trap after use, because it can be reused. The same goes for the rabbit and snare.

1 reason to seek a person with brain damage so that he can't speak, is never to be told that one is wrong, it's a waste of time.
Dalek Prime

Post by Dalek Prime »

HexHammer wrote:
Jaded Sage wrote:
Not very bright, nor are you very bright in wasting time on this.

Fish traps doesn't exist because of fish, fish existed long before man, and then there existed no fish traps, fish traps only exist because of man's hunger, and only a complete retard would discard the fish trap after use, because it can be reused. The same goes for the rabbit and snare.

1 reason to seek a person with brain damage so that he can't speak, is never to be told that one is wrong, it's a waste of time.
Jesus, Hex. I wish you'd learn English.
Walker

Post by Walker »

Jaded Sage wrote:
Maybe he had something to do with this.

http://blog.oxforddictionaries.com/2015 ... 015-emoji/
Jaded Sage

Post by Jaded Sage »

Makes sense that it's an ideogram, like in Chinese. This appears to be shorthand. Zhuangzi I think mean somebody more like who is depicted in this: The worst thing an artist can do is go to art school. The best thing an artist can do is go to art school for seven years, then completely abstain from art for seven years, and then practice art.