Does the internet lead to better Ameican language?

What did you say? And what did you mean by it?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Philosophy Explorer

Does the internet lead to better Ameican language?

Post by Philosophy Explorer »

(My apologies to other cultures as I only know American English).

I don't know if it's a cause or just concurrent. It seems that the decline of good English seems to run parallel with the internet (a positive, e.g., are online dictionaries, but how many people use them?)

PhilX
artisticsolution

Re: Does the internet lead to better Ameican language?

Post by artisticsolution »

Well, I would use a spell check if I had one...as this is a forum based in the uk....I think it would be the polite thing to do.

Unfortunately, I my phone types American English and I am a bad speller to begin with anyway.
vegetariantaxidermy

Post by vegetariantaxidermy »

Are you a troll? Yanklish is just bad english, and because Microsoft is trying to brainwash the whole planet to speak 'yanklish' then you are cocking up the whole language.
Philosophy Explorer

vegetariantaxidermy wrote:Are you a troll? Yanklish is just bad english, and because Microsoft is trying to brainwash the whole planet to speak 'yanklish' then you are cocking up the whole language.
But that's your opinion. And I could say that British is bad German (and any other language it derives from).

PhilX
vegetariantaxidermy

Philosophy Explorer wrote:
vegetariantaxidermy wrote:Are you a troll? Yanklish is just bad english, and because Microsoft is trying to brainwash the whole planet to speak 'yanklish' then you are cocking up the whole language.
But that's your opinion. And I could say that British is bad German (and any other language it derives from).

PhilX
That's because you are a stupid yank. Yanklish is taking all the beauty, history and subtlety out of the language, to match the people. There is a subtle difference between 'burned' and 'burnt', which yanklish refuses to acknowledge, so it only ever uses 'burned' for everything. There are countless other examples. 'Practise' 'practice'--two different meanings, actually three, but yanklish refuses to acknowledge the fact. 'Licence' or license'. English uses both for different purposes. Again, yanklish is too shallow and stupid to understand this. The very harsh and ugly 'organize' instead of organise, yet they still use 'wise'--not 'wize'. It's not even consistent in its butchering. There are countless other examples.
Philosophy Explorer

vegetariantaxidermy wrote:

PhilX
That's because you are a stupid yank. Yanklish is taking all the beauty, history and subtlety out of the language, to match the people. There is a subtle difference between 'burned' and 'burnt', which yanklish refuses to acknowledge, so it only ever uses 'burned' for everything. There are countless other examples. 'Practise' 'practice'--two different meanings, actually three, but yanklish refuses to acknowledge the fact. 'Licence' or license'. English uses both for different purposes. Again, yanklish is too shallow and stupid to understand this. The very harsh and ugly 'organize' instead of organise, yet they still use 'wise'--not 'wize'. It's not even consistent in its butchering. There are countless other examples.
We "stupid yanks" saved your hides during both World Wars, you dumb ninny. And British is just corrupted German. T. Roosevelt was wise to Americanize certain British words, you rear end of a horse.

PhilX
vegetariantaxidermy

Fuckin moron. English uses much German; that's hardly the same as the American deliberate dumbing down of an existing language. You are morons. End of.
Philosophy Explorer

vegetariantaxidermy wrote:Fuckin moron. English uses much German; that's hardly the same as the American deliberate dumbing down of an existing language. You are morons. End of.
Dumb end of a jackass. Stupid troll. Nothing will change the fact that English is corrupted German. We were wise to Americanize.

PhilX
attofishpi

Post by attofishpi »

Philosophy Explorer wrote:We "stupid yanks" saved your hides during both World Wars, you dumb ninny. And British is just corrupted German. T. Roosevelt was wise to Americanize certain British words, you rear end of a horse.
PhilX
Britain was never saved by the US, but of course that is what the simpletons would like you to think. The US assisted Britain in defeating Nazism. The Great War? The US didn't bother joining in until 75% of the work had been done!

Have some Al Murray!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=35PvpQgMvfI
Last edited by attofishpi on Sat Jul 04, 2015 8:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
Philosophy Explorer

attofishpi wrote:
Philosophy Explorer wrote:We "stupid yanks" saved your hides during both World Wars, you dumb ninny. And British is just corrupted German. T. Roosevelt was wise to Americanize certain British words, you rear end of a horse.
PhilX
Britain was never saved by the US, but of course that is what the simpletons would like you to think. The US assisted Britain in defeating Nazism. The Great War? The US didn't bother joining in until 75% of the work had been done!
I think you're overlooking Lend-Lease:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lend-Lease

PhilX
attofishpi

Post by attofishpi »

attofishpi wrote:
PhilX

PhilX
Sure good job we set you up as a colony in the first place.
Philosophy Explorer

attofishpi wrote:

PhilX[/quote]

Sure good job we set you up as a colony in the first place.[/quote]

That's 13 colonies that had to break off from England in the second place which isn't a good job.

PhilX
attofishpi

Post by attofishpi »

Philosophy Explorer wrote:That's 13 colonies that had to break off from England in the second place which isn't a good job.

PhilX
Ooo ok. If it wasn't for Britain, you would literally not exist.

Here's Al Murrays take:-
Philosophy Explorer

attofishpi wrote:
Philosophy Explorer wrote:That's 13 colonies that had to break off from England in the second place which isn't a good job.

PhilX
Ooo ok. If it wasn't for Britain, you would literally not exist.

Here's Al Murrays take:-
If it weren't for Africa, we wouldn't exist.

And if it weren't for the Big Bang, our universe wouldn't exist.

PhilX
Obvious Leo

Post by Obvious Leo »

And if your auntie had balls she'd be your uncle.