Does the internet lead to better Ameican language?

What did you say? And what did you mean by it?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

attofishpi

Re: Does the internet lead to better Ameican language?

Post by attofishpi »

artisticsolution wrote:
Philosophy Explorer wrote:
attofishpi wrote:So why isn't education spelt edukashun already for all you lower IQ delinquents? And please attempt to learn how to use a simple forum quote function above, it really isnt that difikult.
Because it is only for your lower-IQ types such as you. Let the administration adjust their quote function. Oh while I'm at it, you British morons (not all) show snobbery and racist attitudes towards Americans on this forum which is a reason why Bob Evenson can't stand you.

PhilX
PhilX,

Why do you have to go there? Why do you have to become another bigot, just because you are face to face with a bigot? It's just words and it can't be insulting unless you believe you are the way they think American's are. You know that is all they have heard about Americans on the news. And some of it is true...a ton of american's don't know where Europe is, but the majority do. A ton of American's are conservative, but the majority aren't. It's just that the conservative are the ones who vote and hold up the 'stupid' banner for all the world to see. They get in the news because they are side show freaks and people want to stare and point...like at a zoo.

Anyway, does it really matter what they think? Why do you have to go there? It won't change a thing and you end up confirming what they already thought about Americans. In that way, bigots are exactly like conservatives....whether or not they are Americans.
I guess i am a bigot towards North Americans -not all (my Neice and Nephew are) that believe they have ever won a war where Britain was not involved.
Philosophy Explorer

Post by Philosophy Explorer »

duszek wrote:Written statements help to think about grammar and sentence sturcture.
So it improves our logical thinking.
I wonder about that. Look at the forums, including this one, with all the misspellings and grammatical errors along with the bad logic. Some people feel that American is hard to master, yet it's one of the world's major languages with respect to how many speak and write it. Even with spellchecker and other computer help, people still make many mistakes.

PhilX
duszek

Post by duszek »

It could be seen that way but we cannot be sure.

We cannot make an experiment in which a person´s progress with and without participating in a forum can be documented and evaluated.

People who were not able to enjoy lots of education can read posts of those who were and by reading and realizing the sense of the statements learn something of sentence structure and thus logic in general.
People at least tend to finish their sentences when they write, I would say.
Whereas if they speak they often don´t.

Reading and writing is a valuable exercise which makes you think about speech (or speach ?).
Children write essays at school even if they make lots of mistakes.

My computer has no spelling check in English, as you can imagine. :mrgreen:
Philosophy Explorer

duszek wrote:It could be seen that way but we cannot be sure.

We cannot make an experiment in which a person´s progress with and without participating in a forum can be documented and evaluated.

People who were not able to enjoy lots of education can read posts of those who were and by reading and realizing the sense of the statements learn something of sentence structure and thus logic in general.
People at least tend to finish their sentences when they write, I would say.
Whereas if they speak they often don´t.

Reading and writing is a valuable exercise which makes you think about speech (or speach ?).
Children write essays at school even if they make lots of mistakes.

My computer has no spelling check in English, as you can imagine. :mrgreen:
What's your language? (btw, you might be able to pick up a translater for free if my memory serves me right - I'm certain you can pick up a free spellchecker).

PhilX
Dalek Prime

Post by Dalek Prime »

Do American's really call their dialects of English 'American'?
Hobbes' Choice

Post by Hobbes' Choice »

Philosophy Explorer wrote:(My apologies to other cultures as I only know American English).

I don't know if it's a cause or just concurrent. It seems that the decline of good English seems to run parallel with the internet (a positive, e.g., are online dictionaries, but how many people use them?)

PhilX
1) There is no such thing as "American" language.
2) You do not spell "American", "Ameican".
3) If one piece of evidence were enough then you prove that the Internet has not positively affected your grasp of spelling, nor your knowledge - that the language you try to communicate with is English.
4) Like most of your posts, this one is particularly inane and disappointing.
Philosophy Explorer

Hobbes' Choice wrote:
Philosophy Explorer wrote:(My apologies to other cultures as I only know American English).

I don't know if it's a cause or just concurrent. It seems that the decline of good English seems to run parallel with the internet (a positive, e.g., are online dictionaries, but how many people use them?)

PhilX
1) There is no such thing as "American" language.
3) If one piece of evidence were enough then you prove that the Internet has not positively affected your grasp of spelling, nor your knowledge - that the language you try to communicate with is English.
4) Like most of your posts, this one is particularly inane and disappointing.
First, stop being a dumbass.

Second, my OP has American spelled correctly (my phone has a bug where it will alter something I typed up correctly and I can't change the title after the thread goes through).

Third, judging from how many have responded (including you), I would say the thread has been successful.

Fourth, on the first point you brought up, your credibility is shot to pieces by Wikipedia: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/American_language

Last, since you haven't addressed the title and gone off-topic, I would say you're only trying to derail this thread.

PhilX
Hobbes' Choice

Post by Hobbes' Choice »

Hobbes' Choice wrote: 1) There is no such thing as "American" language.

Fourth, on the first point you brought up, your credibility is shot to pieces by Wikipedia: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/American_language
PhilX
You are a total dip-shit, showing once again that you are incapable of either reading or understanding the links you cite.
Do yourself a favour and spend some time considering your answers, you obviously need to. Failing that go back and do high school again.

You are just making a fool of yourself again and again.. Your link shows that "American Language" is the title of a book, dumb nuts.
Philosophy Explorer

Hobbes' Choice wrote:
Hobbes' Choice wrote: 1) There is no such thing as "American" language.

PhilX
You are a total dip-shit, showing once again that you are incapable of either reading or understanding the links you cite.
Do yourself a favour and spend some time considering your answers, you obviously need to. Failing that go back and do high school again.

You are just making a fool of yourself again and again.. Your link shows that "American Language" is the title of a book, dumb nuts.
Hey asshole. If you took the time to thoroughly review this link, you would see the first listing is a dictionary of American english grammar. So do us all a favor, note the difference between English and American english, you lousy excuse for a human being and admit you're wrong, then maybe you can hold your snobbish head high and while you're at it, go back to school and review your language lessons moron.

PhilX
Hobbes' Choice

Post by Hobbes' Choice »

Hobbes' Choice wrote:

Hey asshole.

PhilX
There is no such thing as the "American" langauge. The other links such as "American English" relegate "American" to a adjective, whereas "ENGLISH" is a Noun and also an adjective.
BTW, "ass" is a donkey. Arse is a backside, and PhilX is an Arsehole, who thinks like a donkey.

Obviously the Internet is not doing much for you.

When you confuse contributing to a Forum with just posting a LINK you are just masturbating.
Philosophy Explorer

Hobbes' Choice wrote:
Hobbes' Choice wrote:

Hey asshole.

PhilX
There is no such thing as the "American" langauge. The other links such as "American English" relegate "American" to a adjective, whereas "ENGLISH" is a Noun and also an adjective.
BTW, "ass" is a donkey. Arse is a backside, and PhilX is an Arsehole, who thinks like a donkey.

Obviously the Internet is not doing much for you.

When you confuse contributing to a Forum with just posting a LINK you are just masturbating.
Wishful thinking on your part shithead. The American language does exist, you throwback to the dinosaurs (btw language is not spelled "langauge", dipshit). Everything contradicts what you say dickhead. The internet doesn't recognize what you say. You've lost the argument bigot. Why don't you go in back of the house and play with yourself?

PhilX
duszek

Post by duszek »

Throwback to the dinosaurs.

That´s at least something I have never heard before. Did you make it up yourself, PhilExplo ?

We could start a competition of interesting insults. Posters could vote for the ones they like best.
Hobbes' Choice

Post by Hobbes' Choice »

duszek wrote:Throwback to the dinosaurs.

That´s at least something I have never heard before. Did you make it up yourself, PhilExplo ?

We could start a competition of interesting insults. Posters could vote for the ones they like best.
I particularly liked " Everything contradicts what you say dickhead". It gets my vote for the most incoherent statement of the week.
Philosophy Explorer

duszek wrote:Throwback to the dinosaurs.

A fight always draws a crowd. This website has seen more than its fair share of them.

PhilX
duszek

Post by duszek »

But really good insults, creative ones, are rare.