~ Why I Invented Language ~

What did you say? And what did you mean by it?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Post Reply
User avatar
Bill Wiltrack
Posts: 5295
Joined: Sat Nov 03, 2007 1:52 pm
Location: Cleveland, Ohio, USA
Contact:

~ Why I Invented Language ~

Post by Bill Wiltrack » Sat Mar 21, 2015 5:14 pm

.





Human beings are extremely selfish, stupid, and mean creatures.


Yet we are nothing if not liars.


If humans were to be best described in one word that word would be - liar.



It is said that the ONLY reason we invented language is so that we could lie to each other better.


So that we could look each other square in the face and openly lie and deceive one another.


Indeed, when we are made aware of this fact we feel momentary shame and embarrassment - but then, more often than not, we grab a lie, a stream of thoughts, and cover ourselves.



...individual egos.







......................................................
.Image







.

User avatar
Arising_uk
Posts: 10664
Joined: Wed Oct 17, 2007 2:31 am

Re: ~ Why I Invented Language ~

Post by Arising_uk » Sun Mar 22, 2015 1:41 am

Bill Wiltrack wrote:.
Human beings are extremely selfish, stupid, and mean creatures.
And also giving, intelligent and generous creatures.
Yet we are nothing if not liars.
Well, we can lie but that depends upon the character and occasion.
If humans were to be best described in one word that word would be - liar.
If, but I think self-conscious the more defining feature.
It is said that the ONLY reason we invented language is so that we could lie to each other better.
Er! How did we manage to lie before language?

We did not invent language, you'd know this if you'd raised a child, language is inherent in the human.
So that we could look each other square in the face and openly lie and deceive one another.
No, language is an inescapable part of what we are and whilst we can lie and deceive the main reason for it is to communicate.
Indeed, when we are made aware of this fact we feel momentary shame and embarrassment - ...
You might but since it is not a fact in the sense you wish it I think this just your issue.
but then, more often than not, we grab a lie, a stream of thoughts, and cover ourselves.
Streams of thoughts are not lies unless you wish them to be, which you obviously do as you are a gnu.
...individual egos.
What about them? More to the point, your use of 'individual' is superfluous here as how could an 'ego' be anything else? Come to that, what do you mean by an 'ego'?

User avatar
Bill Wiltrack
Posts: 5295
Joined: Sat Nov 03, 2007 1:52 pm
Location: Cleveland, Ohio, USA
Contact:

Re: ~ Why I Invented Language ~

Post by Bill Wiltrack » Sun Mar 22, 2015 2:25 am

.





Ego: Wikipedia - In South Asian traditions, the state of being trapped in the illusory belief that one is the false ego (ahamkara: "I am a doer") is known as maya or samsara.

In psychology, 'Ego' is presumed as one of the three parts of psychic apparatus defined by Sigmund Freud's structural model.

It is also defined by various religions across the world where slight differences also occur in their conceptions. Hinduism and Buddhism have least differences in defining various psychological terms such as self, ego, soul, etc.





.

User avatar
Arising_uk
Posts: 10664
Joined: Wed Oct 17, 2007 2:31 am

Re: ~ Why I Invented Language ~

Post by Arising_uk » Sun Mar 22, 2015 1:12 pm

Your 'ego' missed out the other questions?

Still, what's the real ego then?

I think Freud pretty much a fraud.

You think 'ego' and 'self' and 'soul' are the same things? So you think that when you die you will go on to exist somewhere?

User avatar
Bill Wiltrack
Posts: 5295
Joined: Sat Nov 03, 2007 1:52 pm
Location: Cleveland, Ohio, USA
Contact:

Re: ~ Why I Invented Language ~

Post by Bill Wiltrack » Sun Mar 22, 2015 1:21 pm

.



It's impossible to experience death.

How our being goes on I don't know. I cannot know.





.

David Handeye
Posts: 459
Joined: Wed Mar 04, 2015 6:39 pm
Location: Italia

Re: ~ Why I Invented Language ~

Post by David Handeye » Sun Mar 22, 2015 4:29 pm

Bill Wiltrack wrote:.



Human beings are extremely selfish, stupid, and mean creatures.

Yet we are nothing if not liars.
If humans were to be best described in one word that word would be - liar.
It is said that the ONLY reason we invented language is so that we could lie to each other better.
So that we could look each other square in the face and openly lie and deceive one another.
Indeed, when we are made aware of this fact we feel momentary shame and embarrassment - but then, more often than not, we grab a lie, a stream of thoughts, and cover ourselves.
...individual egos.

......................................................
.Image
.
So, according to this "invention" of yours, you also should be a liar. My compliments.

User avatar
Bill Wiltrack
Posts: 5295
Joined: Sat Nov 03, 2007 1:52 pm
Location: Cleveland, Ohio, USA
Contact:

Re: ~ Why I Invented Language ~

Post by Bill Wiltrack » Sun Mar 22, 2015 5:22 pm

.



Yes. I am no different than any one else. That was kind-of the point of this thread.

We almost need to see into ourselves first before we are able to have the reflective psychology.




.

User avatar
Arising_uk
Posts: 10664
Joined: Wed Oct 17, 2007 2:31 am

Re: ~ Why I Invented Language ~

Post by Arising_uk » Sun Mar 22, 2015 7:28 pm

Bill Wiltrack wrote:.It's impossible to experience death.
True. Do you know why? Because there is nothing to experience.
How our being goes on I don't know. I cannot know..
But you are assuming it here? That'll be the upbringing, hard to shake the early church indoctrination.

Blaggard
Posts: 2248
Joined: Fri Jan 10, 2014 9:17 pm

Re: ~ Why I Invented Language ~

Post by Blaggard » Tue Mar 24, 2015 2:29 am

There's nothing wrong with lying Bill, even the Bible does not say all lying is wrong, it only says bearing false witness is. Telling your son he is a great little boy for doing nothing much, when he needs a cheery note in his disappointed life, well that is pretty much a white lie. Telling the magistrate that Billy wrongun shot the guy, even though he did not, that is not so good. Context is everything, we all lie in fact several times a day, every day and for all our lives. The point is what harm does that lie do?

Human beings are all liars, no fucking shit Sherlock, it's the pernicious ones anyone cares about.

It's possible to experience death, but only once Bill.

User avatar
GreatandWiseTrixie
Posts: 1567
Joined: Tue Feb 03, 2015 9:51 pm

Re: ~ Why I Invented Language ~

Post by GreatandWiseTrixie » Wed Mar 25, 2015 1:44 am

I disagree that language's primary purpose is lie. Language's primary purpose is for the chimp's emotional release. I see these words are mostly angry rabble, discussions of no worth. Scientific discussions of supposed worth, philosophical words of little worth, tiny worth.

User avatar
Bill Wiltrack
Posts: 5295
Joined: Sat Nov 03, 2007 1:52 pm
Location: Cleveland, Ohio, USA
Contact:

Re: ~ Why I Invented Language ~

Post by Bill Wiltrack » Wed Mar 25, 2015 1:49 am

.



...to each their own.


...and their own narrative lie.





.

User avatar
GreatandWiseTrixie
Posts: 1567
Joined: Tue Feb 03, 2015 9:51 pm

Re: ~ Why I Invented Language ~

Post by GreatandWiseTrixie » Wed Mar 25, 2015 2:00 am

Bill Wiltrack wrote:.



...to each their own.


...and their own narrative lie.





.
No lie about it. I don't think the chimps made the language to lie but to communicate their needs to others. In the modern age language has become saturated with lie. Many of the talks are very weak truths, not lies but weak truths of no consequence. It is an annoyance, and a waste of spirit.

User avatar
Bill Wiltrack
Posts: 5295
Joined: Sat Nov 03, 2007 1:52 pm
Location: Cleveland, Ohio, USA
Contact:

Re: ~ Why I Invented Language ~

Post by Bill Wiltrack » Wed Mar 25, 2015 3:31 am

.



We are so ingrained in lies that it is impossible for us to speak the truth.


Even if we want to.

The more you believe in yourself, the more blind you become.





.

User avatar
GreatandWiseTrixie
Posts: 1567
Joined: Tue Feb 03, 2015 9:51 pm

Re: ~ Why I Invented Language ~

Post by GreatandWiseTrixie » Wed Mar 25, 2015 4:15 am

Bill Wiltrack wrote:.



We are so ingrained in lies that it is impossible for us to speak the truth.


Even if we want to.

The more you believe in yourself, the more blind you become.





.
If the truth cannot be spoken, then how can this video be true? Unless all things are true, by definition.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3OJXBsNa1K8

User avatar
Bill Wiltrack
Posts: 5295
Joined: Sat Nov 03, 2007 1:52 pm
Location: Cleveland, Ohio, USA
Contact:

Re: ~ Why I Invented Language ~

Post by Bill Wiltrack » Wed Mar 25, 2015 1:47 pm

.



...um, you're kind-of missing it...


I just said, all thoughts are false. That is true. That remains to be true.


Give it some time - let it sink in for a while, forgettaboutit.


You will see. You will grow.






.........................................
Image






.

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest