~ Why I Invented Language ~

What did you say? And what did you mean by it?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

User avatar
Bill Wiltrack
Posts: 5297
Joined: Sat Nov 03, 2007 1:52 pm
Location: Cleveland, Ohio, USA
Contact:

Re: ~ Why I Invented Language ~

Post by Bill Wiltrack » Wed Jan 13, 2016 12:24 pm

.





I was a construction worker.

Working for many different contractors in various locations, working with an ever changing variety of men & women.


Again, I really am done with this discussion.

You and ANYONE else that does not use their legal, god given name here at the forum is missing out.

*EXCEPT
for females that may have some legitimate concerns with privacy.


If you don't use your legal name I consider you female.


That is not a negative. Perhaps, in some way, displaying yourself as feminine is a positive.

Suit yourself. Honestly, I really don't care.





.

User avatar
Arising_uk
Posts: 10520
Joined: Wed Oct 17, 2007 2:31 am

Re: ~ Why I Invented Language ~

Post by Arising_uk » Sat Jan 16, 2016 4:29 am

Bill Wiltrack wrote:.


I was a construction worker.

Working for many different contractors in various locations, working with an ever changing variety of men & women.
How many women in the construction industry? But fair enough as I doubt they had goggle then and even if I doubt it was an issue in that industry.

Me, one of my strands involves working with kids and as such I can't risk being seen chatting to pro-paedophiles no matter how anti I am, so using my real name would be a stupidity.
Again, I really am done with this discussion.
And again, you raised it.
You and ANYONE else that does not use their legal, god given name here at the forum is missing out.
Not really as it's a philosophy forum so content is all, not personality.

*EXCEPT
for females that may have some legitimate concerns with privacy.
You are wrong, males may wish privacy as well.
If you don't use your legal name I consider you female.
That's because you are a misogynistic old twat who lives in the past.
That is not a negative. Perhaps, in some way, displaying yourself as feminine is a positive.
Tell me how?
Suit yourself. Honestly, I really don't care.[/size].
Then stop raising the issue.

User avatar
Hobbes' Choice
Posts: 8385
Joined: Fri Oct 25, 2013 11:45 am

Re: ~ Why I Invented Language ~

Post by Hobbes' Choice » Sat Jan 16, 2016 7:58 pm

Bill Wiltrack wrote:.

You and ANYONE else that does not use their legal, god given name here at the forum is missing out.


.
God didn't gime me a name. You you ask him what it is?

Walker
Posts: 4021
Joined: Thu Nov 05, 2015 12:00 am

Re: ~ Why I Invented Language ~

Post by Walker » Sun Jan 17, 2016 11:04 am

God invented language to communicate.

It should respected, but if it must be used to disrespect, don't be half-assed and cutesy.

Be full-assed.

For those who are not yet effortless asses, practice practice.

Obvious Leo
Posts: 4018
Joined: Wed May 13, 2015 1:05 am
Location: Australia

Re: ~ Why I Invented Language ~

Post by Obvious Leo » Sun Jan 17, 2016 11:23 am

Walker wrote:God invented language to communicate.
This statement is false. The phenomenon of language is perfectly well explained in terms of evolutionary biology.

The only thing that god invented was beer, and that was only to prevent the Australians from ruling the world.

Walker
Posts: 4021
Joined: Thu Nov 05, 2015 12:00 am

Re: ~ Why I Invented Language ~

Post by Walker » Sun Jan 17, 2016 12:02 pm

Obvious Leo wrote:
Walker wrote:God invented language to communicate.
This statement is false. The phenomenon of language is perfectly well explained in terms of evolutionary biology.

The only thing that god invented was beer, and that was only to prevent the Australians from ruling the world.
From whence evolutionary biology?

Whatever answer you have, will lead to a previous cause.

And a previous cause.

Eventually you reach that point where you must admit to yourself that you exist, and you did not create your existence.

Some folks call what did, evolutionary biology.

User avatar
Hobbes' Choice
Posts: 8385
Joined: Fri Oct 25, 2013 11:45 am

Re: ~ Why I Invented Language ~

Post by Hobbes' Choice » Sun Jan 17, 2016 1:51 pm

Walker wrote:
Obvious Leo wrote:
Walker wrote:God invented language to communicate.
This statement is false. The phenomenon of language is perfectly well explained in terms of evolutionary biology.

The only thing that god invented was beer, and that was only to prevent the Australians from ruling the world.
From whence evolutionary biology?

Whatever answer you have, will lead to a previous cause.

And a previous cause.

Eventually you reach that point where you must admit to yourself that you exist, and you did not create your existence.

Some folks call what did, evolutionary biology.

Hey Walkie Evolution is not a "cause". How little you understand.

Walker
Posts: 4021
Joined: Thu Nov 05, 2015 12:00 am

Re: ~ Why I Invented Language ~

Post by Walker » Sun Jan 17, 2016 2:52 pm

Cause, process, whatever. Stick your thumb in it, see if it's done.

Oh I understand all right.

Bob is God.

First time I address him, my computer almost blows up.

Geeze.

:shock:

Then again, it is Bill's thread, and he has been listening. :shock:

*

If you have any sense left in that noggin of yours, you may want to start calling them both Sir! And mean it.

Dontaskme
Posts: 3040
Joined: Sat Mar 12, 2016 2:07 pm

Re: ~ Why I Invented Language ~

Post by Dontaskme » Wed Jun 15, 2016 8:22 pm

Every word that comes out the mouth of a human being is a lie.

Why?

Because language is a human invention, it was factored in by no thing as a necessity so humans could communicate with other humans and make sense of the time and space reality in which they believe to exist.With that belief came a need to defend this false sense of self at all costs,it was selfish to the core, it had to lie in order to defend itself and ensure it's continuity, the ego had no other way of existing else to lie about itself and pretend to exist.

With language came knowledge, they are the same thing. And with knowledge came a sense of knowing something, but to know something there has to be something that knows, enter the I or the me or the you or the us or the we or what ever ...language is by it's very nature dual, and the cause of all separation where there is none. Now reality doesn't actually need making sense of since it functions perfectly okay without words, reality doesn't need to speak about itself to be what it is.

Language or knowledge is falsely superimposed on what already is therefore illusory, since nothing can be added to what already is which is everything without concept. To conceptualise everything would need some other thing other than everything outside of the everything which is impossible, I hope you understand,something other than everything would always be included in the everything, how can there be more than the whole? there is only wholeness, therefore all words spoken are lies because they come from an assumed I which does not exist in reality, the I is a word.. it's not a human it's a word, a human is a word too...I am a word. The sense of "I Am" or any sense of being aware right here, is being manifested and experienced spontaneously by the boundless infinite energy. This is the boundless infinity of energy, occasionally, spontaneously, experiencing itself as "I" as "I Am" for no reason, and no one is doing it. No one is creating the sense that they exist, that there is a me, or I. The sense of "me" arises spontaneously as the borderless energy plays at experiencing itself......which happens to no one, but instead, to everything which is the same as no thing...hahaha!!

The world that appears to exist, the one that is spoken about can only ever be a fictional story told by no thing, therefore a lie. Only truth is, and only truth knows truth, no one knows what truth is, therefore any thing claiming to know truth is a lie because truth doesn't speak, it doesn't need to, it is already, and that which speaks about truth is a lie because there is only truth, and truth can never lie.

It is very difficult to live in a world where you are constantly told a lie, but then when you know the truth which is what you are, you are not of the world of lies, you are in truth. It all ends well for truth because truth is the only thing that's real.

So Bill is right once again.

User avatar
Hobbes' Choice
Posts: 8385
Joined: Fri Oct 25, 2013 11:45 am

Re: ~ Why I Invented Language ~

Post by Hobbes' Choice » Wed Jun 15, 2016 8:25 pm

Dontaskme wrote:Every word that comes out the mouth of a human being is a lie.

Why?
.
In which case I see no reason to read on.

Dontaskme
Posts: 3040
Joined: Sat Mar 12, 2016 2:07 pm

Re: ~ Why I Invented Language ~

Post by Dontaskme » Wed Jun 15, 2016 9:31 pm

Hobbes' Choice wrote:
Dontaskme wrote:Every word that comes out the mouth of a human being is a lie.

Why?
.
In which case I see no reason to read on.
What's ironic is that we are constantly seeking truth through false knowledge written by humans. Ironic in that only through knowing the false can the truth be found. We instinctively know what's real and unreal, truth or lie, wrong or right. The real truth is unwritten, unspoken. Drop all knowledge and there is your truth. Everything else exists in the realm of truth except the human identity. Those who have dropped their identity have no further need for knowledge. They have become no one, to be no one is effortless.There is no will or effort at all ever anywhere in just being. But mostly humans want to be a somebody and that is their suffering because to be a somebody is to separate yourself from the whole which is a kind of isolation and feeling of lack, so to compensate it works itself almost into the ground to become someone specialised in knowledge, or occupation, in order to become successful, rich, and loved, then just when it thinks it has made it to the top of the ladder of success, it dies before it gets to enjoy it's success, ignorant of this ever present living beauty of eternal nothingness it is, it misses that part of itself, for wanting something else that was unattainable in time that run out. We all do it until we stop doing it.

User avatar
Hobbes' Choice
Posts: 8385
Joined: Fri Oct 25, 2013 11:45 am

Re: ~ Why I Invented Language ~

Post by Hobbes' Choice » Wed Jun 15, 2016 9:33 pm

Dontaskme wrote:
Hobbes' Choice wrote:
Dontaskme wrote:Every word that comes out the mouth of a human being is a lie.

Why?
.
In which case I see no reason to read on.
What's ironic is that we are constantly seeking truth through false knowledge written by humans. Ironic in that only through knowing the false can the truth be found. .
The more your diatribe slips into hyperbole the more self refuting is your claim.

yiostheoy
Posts: 419
Joined: Tue Jun 07, 2016 5:49 pm
Location: California USSA

Re: ~ Why I Invented Language ~

Post by yiostheoy » Wed Jun 15, 2016 9:58 pm

Bill Wiltrack wrote:.

Human beings are extremely selfish, stupid, and mean creatures.

Yet we are nothing if not liars.

If humans were to be best described in one word that word would be - liar.

It is said that the ONLY reason we invented language is so that we could lie to each other better.

So that we could look each other square in the face and openly lie and deceive one another.

Indeed, when we are made aware of this fact we feel momentary shame and embarrassment - but then, more often than not, we grab a lie, a stream of thoughts, and cover ourselves.

...individual egos.

.
So would you be an optimist or a pessimist?

User avatar
Hobbes' Choice
Posts: 8385
Joined: Fri Oct 25, 2013 11:45 am

Re: ~ Why I Invented Language ~

Post by Hobbes' Choice » Wed Jun 15, 2016 11:20 pm

yiostheoy wrote:
Bill Wiltrack wrote:.

Human beings are extremely selfish, stupid, and mean creatures.

Yet we are nothing if not liars.

If humans were to be best described in one word that word would be - liar.

It is said that the ONLY reason we invented language is so that we could lie to each other better.

So that we could look each other square in the face and openly lie and deceive one another.

Indeed, when we are made aware of this fact we feel momentary shame and embarrassment - but then, more often than not, we grab a lie, a stream of thoughts, and cover ourselves.

...individual egos.

.
So would you be an optimist or a pessimist?
The blind talking to the departed

Beauty
Posts: 218
Joined: Mon Sep 12, 2016 3:08 pm

Re: ~ Why I Invented Language ~

Post by Beauty » Wed Sep 14, 2016 10:48 am

Lying to deceive others is wrong, lying to defend oneself is not, I believe. However, if a way could be found as to not have to lie at all, that would be the best I believe.

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest