Verbal abuse and cyber-bullying on Philosophy Now forums

General chit-chat

Moderators: AMod, iMod

vegetariantaxidermy

Re: Verbal abuse and cyber-bullying on Philosophy Now forums

Post by vegetariantaxidermy »

If he reports anyone then all you have to do is direct them to the posts that Sir suck quoted earlier. Seleucus might find himself with a charge slapped on him :lol: I don't know why anyone would get offended in this context anyway. How can you take something personally if the other person doesn't know you personally?
surreptitious57

Post by surreptitious57 »

EchoesOfTheHorizon wrote:
Sir Sister or David trying to get threads deleted
I have seen no evidence of either trying to do this but even if they have the ultimate responsibility for this lies with the two mods here
But do not take it up with them as they act entirely independent of the membership so are not accountable to them for their decisions
So please let them do their job by not annoying them with your complaints. The moderation here is very relaxed which makes for good philosophical debate. It also allows for insults but a thick skin is the solution to that particular problem. It is not perfect here as that is
an impossible ideal but there is nevertheless a relatively high degree of freedom so be grateful for what you have and use it wisely also
No one likes having their posts or threads deleted but this only happens infrequently so learn to just let it be since this is all you can do
As the most intelligent and well read member of the forum it would be a serious loss were you to ever leave due to some dissatisfaction
Please stay and fight using your considerable knowledge of history and philosophy and your powers of rhetoric to educate everyone here
Arising_uk

Post by Arising_uk »

Bore us to death more like.
Greta

Post by Greta »

vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Mon Dec 11, 2017 10:24 pm If he reports anyone then all you have to do is direct them to the posts that Sir suck quoted earlier. Seleucus might find himself with a charge slapped on him :lol:
Yes, the worst abuse has been dished out by those complaining loudest about bullying. Much damaged goods on philosophy forums. It lends credence to the idea that overthinking is bad for people. Hmm.

Whatever, when forums build up a population of people with ideas or a manner we don't care for - which happens from time to time on all forums - then we have the option of taking a break and waiting for a more suitable time. At this stage one may choose to find another forum in the interim, do some reading or go outside and get some exercise.

That seems better than calling people scum, sluts and rapists, and wasting agency resources with vexatious complaints.
Lacewing

Post by Lacewing »

surreptitious57 to EchoesOfTheHorizon wrote: Mon Dec 11, 2017 10:29 pm As the most intelligent and well read member of the forum it would be a serious loss were you to ever leave due to some dissatisfaction
Please stay and fight using your considerable knowledge of history and philosophy and your powers of rhetoric to educate everyone here
This sounds suspiciously over the top. I'm surprised you didn't claim he was handsome too. What is the connection between you two, that makes you feel compelled to lavish such intoxicated praise on him?

Is it his erratic rambling, mental instability, or obsessive self-absorption that enthralls you? :lol:
surreptitious57

Lace wrote:
surreptitious57 wrote:
As the most intelligent and well read member of the forum it would be a serious loss were you to ever leave due to some dissatisfaction
What is the connection between you two that makes you feel compelled to lavish such intoxicated praise on him
Turd and I know each other from the other place and his own forum as well so we have some history between us
surreptitious57

vegetariantaxidermy wrote:
If he reports anyone then all you have to do is direct them to the posts that Sir suck quoted earlier
That is no longer possible because sixty nine posts of Seleucus have now been deleted including the ones which you refer to
Seleucus you are now the second member here to have posts about paedophilia deleted so please do not discuss it anymore
Sir-Sister-of-Suck

Post by Sir-Sister-of-Suck »

*Rimshot* thank you thank you I'll be here all week, but unfortunately that joke was a little too risque for philosophy now
surreptitious57 wrote: Tue Dec 12, 2017 5:27 amThat is no longer possible because sixty nine posts of Seleucus have now been deleted including the ones which you refer to Seleucus you are now the second member here to have posts about paedophilia deleted so please do not discuss it anymore
A couple of them have been, it seems, but not the one I quoted...Ergo, you can't delete posts after a certain amount of time on here. The ones that were deleted was done by a moderator.
EchoesOfTheHorizon

Post by EchoesOfTheHorizon »

I hope seleucus wasn't going on about that Greek homo subject after I went to sleep.... Greek definitely were very gay, liked kids too in that way, and wrote extensively on it, and Sextus Empericus did revive it later on once that era had gone. It was tied to the tactical-morale system of their military, Socrates wanted it as part of the educational system. That's it. Isn't much more to say, I don't really talk about that aspect of early philosophy talking about the city of love because I do focus on early stoa/cynicism as the center of my philosophy, and it is something in it I disagree with. I break up love as individual components per relation, and if it isn't obvious or good for survival of the individual or society, I don't support it. I don't think targeting kids sexually is good, and it is about the worst teaching method we've develeopled, unless of course you are fighting in a poorly trained phalanx, and need something to keep the men together at all costs. Not something worth much debate, but I like to note it because I don't like hiding the darker aspects of philosophy. Sextus Empericus was correct for attacking it, was a rotten aspect of the philosophy. I advocate against it.

I've known others longer than S57, and yes, I definitely know more than most of you. Both a egotistical statement, and a fact without ego, given the high likelihood, as shown by the quality of many of your posts.

But no S57, the moderators are not off the hook. They are faceless, but hardly without blame. Lacewing hasn't been a issue.... haven't seen Lacewing post anything worthwhile either, but doesn't much troll either, unless you are Bob. I know the instinct of birds of a feather flock together rules on this form her perspective.

I gotta go make a thread for someone PMing me about a Facebook site, hopefully this thread and held the site isn't gone tomorrow. You can only bleach underwear so long in a effort to get rid of the shitstain before the fabric of the threads themselves rot and fall apart. This site has some of the most backwards trolls I've seen, confusing a philosophy site for a social play site. I don't like soccer, but I don't hang out on soccer forums, making fun of everyone talking about soccer. I don't know a single play, the rules, stats, when games play.... but if all I did was make a scene and post nonrelevent nonesense in every thread, people would be right to point out I really would have no business being around. Vegetarian Taxidermy is exactly that person, no business being on a philosophy site. Hasn't a clue. Why is she here? Doesn't even attempt to post topics involving ideas.
Seleucus

Post by Seleucus »

Arising_uk wrote: Mon Dec 11, 2017 2:33 pm
Seleucus wrote: Mon Dec 11, 2017 4:53 am Verbal abuse and cyber-bullying is happening on Philosophy Now forums. Everyone has the right to be treated with respect and not made a victim of pejorative name-calling and persistent harassment and personal attacks. ...
Boo Hoo, poor little lamb.
You are one of the worst offenders. I asked you repeatedly to stop calling me names. If you persist I'll send screenshots and the abuse report to the personal email of every name on the inside cover of Philosophy Now magazine. Trying to delete posts to cover up what you did doesn't conceal anything from Google cache or Internet Archive. TIME magazine made this the year of the victim who speaks up against their abuser. You need to apologize.
Seleucus

Post by Seleucus »

vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Mon Dec 11, 2017 10:24 pm If he reports anyone then all you have to do is direct them to the posts that Sir suck quoted earlier. Seleucus might find himself with a charge slapped on him :lol: I don't know why anyone would get offended in this context anyway. How can you take something personally if the other person doesn't know you personally?
Good idea and do that since I'd already asked you eight (8) times to stop verbally abusing me when I wrote that.
Seleucus

Post by Seleucus »

Greta wrote: Tue Dec 12, 2017 12:12 am
vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Mon Dec 11, 2017 10:24 pm If he reports anyone then all you have to do is direct them to the posts that Sir suck quoted earlier. Seleucus might find himself with a charge slapped on him :lol:
Yes, the worst abuse has been dished out by those complaining loudest about bullying. Much damaged goods on philosophy forums. It lends credence to the idea that overthinking is bad for people. Hmm.

Whatever, when forums build up a population of people with ideas or a manner we don't care for - which happens from time to time on all forums - then we have the option of taking a break and waiting for a more suitable time. At this stage one may choose to find another forum in the interim, do some reading or go outside and get some exercise.

That seems better than calling people scum, sluts and rapists, and wasting agency resources with vexatious complaints.
So you're going to blame the victim now? I'm sure somewhere underneath there was a decent person maybe a long time ago so I don't think you should have to do the whole time you could be charged with, but I do think you deserve at least one year in prison for what you've done.
Greta

Post by Greta »

I believe that what you are doing at present, if continued, will constitute harassment via vexatious complaint.

Please cease and desist immediately. That is it for me.
Lacewing

Post by Lacewing »

Sir-Sister-of-Suck wrote: Tue Dec 12, 2017 5:41 am *Rimshot* thank you thank you I'll be here all week, but unfortunately that joke was a little too risque for philosophy now
Who is Rimshot?
vegetariantaxidermy

Post by vegetariantaxidermy »

Seleucus wrote: Mon Jun 05, 2017 5:13 pm
Londoner wrote: Mon Jun 05, 2017 5:10 pm
Seleucus wrote: Mon Jun 05, 2017 4:05 pm No. The history of Islam is the history of it overrunning Rome/Byzantium....

No. The history of Islam is the history of it overrunning Rome/Byzantium....

No. The history of Islam is the history of it overrunning Rome/Byzantium.
No, no, no; it isn't.

The reason the Arabs had an easy early success (in Syria) is because of the war between Rome/Byzantium and the Sasanian Persians in which the Persians had mostly had the upper hand. By the time of the Arab invasion, the Byzantines were in nominal control again but had worn themselves out The Byzantines were also making themselves unpopular by persecuting the local Christians (which was also a big part of the reason why the locals did not resist them in Egypt).

The great Muslim expansion was eastward, against the Persians in Iraq and Iran; Constantinople did not fall for another 700 years!
Read a book you dolt and faggot.
I don't think Londoner ever 'abused' you.