Verbal abuse and cyber-bullying on Philosophy Now forums

General chit-chat

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Lacewing

Re: Verbal abuse and cyber-bullying on Philosophy Now forums

Post by Lacewing »

Nick_A wrote: Sun Dec 24, 2017 1:56 am
bobevenson wrote: Sat Dec 23, 2017 11:15 pm I find your language abusive.
She meant to say have a good fuck
See, now there's something nice we can both agree on.
Arising_uk

Post by Arising_uk »

Nick_A wrote: Sat Dec 23, 2017 11:43 pm Can you imagine the response to the attempt at a meaningful discussion on human education. It wouldn't be possible. Progressive secular indoctrination would rise in negative righteous indignation leaving nothing but ashes. That is the modern way.
Still waiting for you to slap me with the truth as it's getting boring listening to your kisses.
Arising_uk

Post by Arising_uk »

You're an abuse of this forum bob.
Lacewing

Post by Lacewing »

Arising_uk wrote: Sun Dec 24, 2017 2:15 am
You're an abuse of this forum bob.
I agree.

Have a Merry Fucking Christmas Bob!
Arising_uk

Post by Arising_uk »

Nick_A wrote:... Do you read me cursing out Donald Trump or anyone else? It isn’t necessary. ...
Do you include your sly digs at Obama in this statement?
Nick_A

Post by Nick_A »

Arising_uk wrote: Sun Dec 24, 2017 2:34 pm
Nick_A wrote:... Do you read me cursing out Donald Trump or anyone else? It isn’t necessary. ...
Do you include your sly digs at Obama in this statement?
Lacewing came up with this gem but didn't mention my name so I innocently wondered with flushed cheeks who it could possibly refer to. You have no sense of humor.
Do you think that lying about being a prophet, manipulating and slithering to avoid truth, and never answering reasonable questions is noble?
Verbal abuse and cyber bullying doesn't matter on most topics. But spirit killing is one of those topics which deserves a certain quality of respect. You can say that if it is OK to use verbal abuse and cyber killing on the topic of abortions, so why should spirit killing in school children matter? After all they are already older. Their inner lives are not worthy of respect so just have at it. It is the progressive attitude. A progressive attitude.
Arising_uk

Post by Arising_uk »

Still waiting for you to stop flapping your gums and slap me with this truth of yours?
-1-

Post by -1- »

Arising_uk wrote: Mon Dec 25, 2017 2:12 am Still waiting for you to stop flapping your gums and slap me with this truth of yours?
Why should Nick_A be so stupid and give the truth away for FREE?

You never saw Life of Brian? He desperately starts to sermon on some made-up topic because he sees Roman patrol soldiers approaching, Brian thinking to arrest him. He is belting out, "and the secret to eternal life is..." at which the Roman soldiers march past him. He gets incredibly relieved. He mumbles, "the secrete to eternal life is..." and he gets off the prophet's block, and starts to walk away.

But by that time he had garnered a few people to listen to him, despite earlier failures by him to retain listeners. "What is the secret to eternal life?" Demands one listener to know. "Shut up," says another anonymous listener, "If I knew the secret to eternal life I'd not give it away, either." ETC.

So the secret is only a secret while it's a secret. Nick_A is the sole owner of the Truth and of Wisdom. He has the ownership papers, not even the Banks have a hand on it via a mortgage.

He is gleefully yet gracefully grinning to know he is the sole winner in the human race to eternal life.

He doesn't have to inform us. In fact, he would be a fool to do so.

But I sure wish he'd shut the f up with his gloating and unsubstantiated claims.

Dear Nick_A: nobody is hated more than a sour loser than a gloating winner. I humbly and respectfully request of you to stop it already. The reason for cyberbullying you by this community, is that you have something we don't, and we are all jealous of you, due to a human and primate emotion, called "fair trade" or "fairness". If you have something good, you are obliged to share it with your tribe. If you don't, we turn on you.

So share your wisdom, the truth, or else get the f out of here. Or else keep on doing what you do, and we keep on doing what we do.

Please don't expect us to change our attitude towards you until you change your practice of hanging on to your well-kept secret and not sharing the knowledge of what the truth is and what wisdom you have garnered.
Nick_A

Post by Nick_A »

“One of the great weaknesses of the progressive, as distinct from the religious, mind, is that it has no awareness of truth as such; only of truth in terms of enlightened expediency.” ~ Muggeridge Through the Microphone (1969)
I wrote:
“Better to be slapped with the truth than kissed with a lie” ~ Russian Proverb

During our daily lives we prefer to be kissed with a lie. There is nothing wrong with this since we are just looking to justify ourselves and be happy rather than being disturbed. But there is a minority who invite being slapped with the truth.
Arising_uk wrote: ↑
Mon Dec 25, 2017 1:12 am
Still waiting for you to stop flapping your gums and slap me with this truth of yours?
-1- wrote

Why should Nick_A be so stupid and give the truth away for FREE?
A perfect example of the weakness of the progressive mind. It is so identified with its agenda that it is incapable of opening to the big picture but must reduce it to aimless attacks. Here is an old Russian proverb concerning human nature. The progressive mind sees it as an attack so attempts to intimidate the person quoting it by all means possible including cyber bullying and verbal abuse. The secular progressive mind is cult like. It is possessed by its god the Great Beast and attacks all that questions its supremacy. This is why it must oppose opening to the big picture. And people worship it. Scary stuff.
Lacewing

Post by Lacewing »

Nick_A wrote: Tue Dec 26, 2017 5:37 pm The progressive mind sees it as an attack so attempts to intimidate the person quoting it by all means possible including cyber bullying and verbal abuse. The secular progressive mind is cult like. It is possessed by its god the Great Beast and attacks all that questions its supremacy. This is why it must oppose opening to the big picture. And people worship it. Scary stuff.
You worship far more than anyone here, Nick... well, except for maybe Bob, who worships visions of himself in prophet's garb. None of what you're saying above is truth... it's just more of your distorted and angry imagination... while you continue to avoid answering reasonable questions, which does not go unnoticed.

If we are incapable of recognizing the truth of what you say (as you say only a small minority can), then why do you keep repeating it to us here (blasting us with it over and over) if not to stroke yourself? What is your purpose other than that?
Nick_A

Post by Nick_A »

Lacewing wrote: Tue Dec 26, 2017 6:07 pm
Nick_A wrote: Tue Dec 26, 2017 5:37 pm The progressive mind sees it as an attack so attempts to intimidate the person quoting it by all means possible including cyber bullying and verbal abuse. The secular progressive mind is cult like. It is possessed by its god the Great Beast and attacks all that questions its supremacy. This is why it must oppose opening to the big picture. And people worship it. Scary stuff.
You worship far more than anyone here, Nick... well, except for maybe Bob, who worships visions of himself in prophet's garb. None of what you're saying above is truth... it's just more of your distorted and angry imagination... while you continue to avoid answering reasonable questions, which does not go unnoticed.

If we are incapable of recognizing the truth of what you say (as you say only a small minority can), then why do you keep repeating it to us here (blasting us with it over and over) if not to stroke yourself? What is your purpose other than that?

First of all, the question of the value of human education as opposed to progressive secular education couldn't be discussed here. But at the same time, there must be members who are not so indoctrinated so can be open to the first question of philosophy: who am I followed by what is my objective purpose. Is Man truly insignificant lacking any potential objective purpose? Such questions cannot be discussed in the presence of verbal abuse and cyber bullying and retain the big picture. When someone wants to give it a shot, I'll help but why support the callous attacks against kids enduring the process of spirit killing? I don't see the value in it.
Lacewing

Post by Lacewing »

Nick_A wrote: Tue Dec 26, 2017 8:01 pm Is Man truly insignificant lacking any potential objective purpose? Such questions cannot be discussed in the presence of verbal abuse and cyber bullying and retain the big picture. When someone wants to give it a shot, I'll help
But you've shown yourself here to be dishonest, intoxicated, and delusional... so how are you going to help? This is the most honest feedback I can give you, Nick. You are babbling incoherently and some people here are trying to HELP YOU... but their cries of alarm go unnoticed by you. You're too deep... probably in a cave somewhere... or cuddled up with your beloved beast.

Just curious... in all the time you've been here or on other forums, how many people have you found who are "capable" of discussing your viewpoint to the degree that you seek? This would be a good way to tell if you're actually in this for yourself, or if you are (as Bob likes to say) simply lighting the lamps of truth continually or whatever other bullshit justifies obsessive insane behavior.

If you want to talk about education honestly, you have to STOP throwing the insane accusations and projections at individuals here -- that accomplishes nothing! It's only to position yourself in some "knowing" or "elevated" way, and everyone knows it. You also have to START answering the reasonable questions that are posed back to you. If you think this isn't the environment for the discussion, and you're not willing to STFU, then at least have the decency to admit that what you ARE doing here is pleasuring yourself. Honesty would be a wonderful way for you to start the new year. :D
Nick_A

Post by Nick_A »

Lacewing
But you've shown yourself here to be dishonest, intoxicated, and delusional... so how are you going to help? This is the most honest feedback I can give you, Nick. You are babbling incoherently and some people here are trying to HELP YOU... but their cries of alarm go unnoticed by you. You're too deep... probably in a cave somewhere... or cuddled up with your beloved beast.

An excellent example of a secular progressive analysis of anything which opposes it. The offer is there to help indoctrinate me into the agenda. I guess I’m not considered beyond hope.
Just curious... in all the time you've been here or on other forums, how many people have you found who are "capable" of discussing your viewpoint to the degree that you seek? This would be a good way to tell if you're actually in this for yourself, or if you are (as Bob likes to say) simply lighting the lamps of truth continually or whatever other bullshit justifies obsessive insane behavior.
It has happened more often in the past when philosophy sites contained more philosophy. Then we could discuss privately and share our sources. In these times secular resistance is dominant which tends to chase away those more receptive to philosophy as the love of wisdom and the quest for meaning beyond what the world provides.
If you want to talk about education honestly, you have to STOP throwing the insane accusations and projections at individuals here -- that accomplishes nothing! It's only to position yourself in some "knowing" or "elevated" way, and everyone knows it. You also have to START answering the reasonable questions that are posed back to you. If you think this isn't the environment for the discussion, and you're not willing to STFU, then at least have the decency to admit that what you ARE doing here is pleasuring yourself. Honesty would be a wonderful way for you to start the new year.
No. I won’t be responsible for providing the venue for supporting metphysical repression in the young through cyber bullying and verbal abuse. We have to be capable of at least a little compassion. There are many topics that can tolerate verbal abuse but supporting metaphysical repression and spirit killing in the young isn’t one.
Lacewing

Post by Lacewing »

Nick_A wrote: Wed Dec 27, 2017 1:16 am...
So you'll continue accusing people here of things associated with your beliefs... on a forum that you claim is NOT THE PLACE for the discussion... while you deny that your purpose here is to feed your self-glorification and unleash your hateful fury. :lol:
Eodnhoj7

Post by Eodnhoj7 »

What if I argued both of you are right at the same time in different respects? Would that solve this "issue"?